It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rage against the machines

<span class="bold">Hard Reset: Redux</span>, a heavily upgraded edition of the cult-classic cyberpunk FPS, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 10% per-order discount or 85% for owners of Shadow Warrior (2013)!

Humanity is under siege. Bezoar, the last bastion of mankind, is being attacked by bloodthirsty machines seeking to download its extensive data-bank, where billions of digitized human minds are stored. It's time for a last stand. It's time for hard decisions. It's time for a Hard Reset.

The relentless gunplay, the wanton destruction, and the hardcore sensibilities that gained the original its cult fame, are back with a vengeance. Hard Reset: Redux brings a barrage of improvements, including better visuals, a new enemy type, a sweet dash move, a mean-looking cyber-katana, optimized performance, and an all-around more balanced experience. Definitely a far more enjoyable one than what our mechanical overlords would want us to have, should they were allowed to succeed...

Pre-order <span class="bold">Hard Reset: Redux</span>, the definitive edition of this intense techno-thriller, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 10% discount. Owners of <span class="bold">Shadow Warrior (2013)</span>, who want to smash some mean machines, can instead take advantage of the whopping, permanent 85% loyalist discount!
The 10% discount will last until June 10, 2:29 PM UTC.
The game launches on June 3.

Check out the trailer, before the machines take it down:

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XqIaeQlYhDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited May 30, 2016 by maladr0Id
Mjauv: That loyalist bonus is TOO generous. There oughta be a function to disable discounts or partially disable them.
If you have too much money to spare, do a giveaway, or wait till the discount passes ;)
Mjauv: That loyalist bonus is TOO generous. There oughta be a function to disable discounts or partially disable them.
Tarhiel: If you have too much money to spare, do a giveaway, or wait till the discount passes ;)
They can't, the loyalty discount is permanent.
Awesome release! That 85% launch discount deserves an applause!
Sadly I don't own Shadow Warrior 2013 on GOG but since I don't plan on replaying Hard Reset any time soon it won't hurt to wait for a later non-loyalist 85% discount. :P
Shut up and take my money!
Very nice loyalist discount! ...but before I go ahead, is there any knowledge whether this will remain as the complete version, or will there possibly be lots of extra DLCs sold for this Redux version separately?

I seem to have the Hard Reset Extended on my Steam account, I didn't even realize that. Oh well.
Tarhiel: If you have too much money to spare, do a giveaway, or wait till the discount passes ;)
omega64: They can't, the loyalty discount is permanent.
Giveaway it is then ;)

And thank you, Flying Wild Hog, for a permanent discount - it´s nice and unexpected gesture.
Starkrun: Pre-Ordered so HARD I broke my keyboard.....
Maybe next time you should leave your keyboard on the desk instead of your lap. =P
Post edited May 31, 2016 by mistermumbles
Fan of the original. Instabuy for this :D.
One thing, anyone know what Redux will actually mean for this? (the original was pretty awesome even if the AI was so so -- but then with the hordes of enemies didnt really need to have a great one lol)
Buy spare copies & treat your cronies ;)
This title looks like a very-well received game here on GOG.

Is it fair to call it a corridor shooter?

I'm not knocking it, if it is. Lots of fun in that type of game for those that are into it. But they don't click for me. So, I'd like to determine that before looking more closely at it.

TIA
Interesting release :)

But GOG, may be you should fix this : it's said for french people that we should have 2,4€ of store credit by purchasing it with the reduction of 85%, but when you go in check-out page, you see that you'll have only 0,4€ of store credit ;)
Post edited May 31, 2016 by Splatsch
Zoidberg: A big fat "meh" from me. The original was boring quite quickly.
I'm with you.
That's one of the very few games I didn't even try to finish after some point, and uninstalled thereafter.
Splatsch: Interesting release :)

But GOG, may be you should fix this : it's said for french people that we should have 2,4€ of store credit by purchasing it with the reduction of 85%, but when you go in check-out page, you see that you'll have only 0,4€ of store credit ;)
I see what's going on. if the support team is reading this, the issue is it doesn't like 2 discounts being offered at the same time. From the front page, 85% takes precedence. From the article, the 10% does. From the game's page, 10% for a few seconds, then the 85% overrides it.
Nice to see that Hard Reset will arrive soon! Will the Redux version include the original engine by any chance?
Insta-Bought!

Thank Bill Fuck for this preorder discount!