It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When the snows fall, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

Frostpunk is now available for pre-order, only on GOG.com. Owners of This War of Mine get 10% off.
The planet has grown cold and humanity is suffering much the same fate. As the ruler of a city where the survivors are staying alive thanks to steampunk technology, you must make the harsh decisions that will ensure your society will live to see another day and eventually venture into the frozen wasteland beyond.
Kinda of wished they had placed more of the actual gameplay on the trailers, but I think I will end up buying it anyway...I did love This War of Mine, so I hope to enjoy this one too.
nymeriastar: Kinda of wished they had placed more of the actual gameplay on the trailers, but I think I will end up buying it anyway...I did love This War of Mine, so I hope to enjoy this one too.
Gameplay is kinda slow, so it's understandable why they're not focusing on it on trailers. There's 2h yogcast stream that shows gameplay and it looks quite solid, so if you're one of those people like me who can't wait for release you might want to check it out.

WHY THEY CAN'T RELEASE IT TODAY.
nymeriastar: Kinda of wished they had placed more of the actual gameplay on the trailers, but I think I will end up buying it anyway...I did love This War of Mine, so I hope to enjoy this one too.
reative00: Gameplay is kinda slow, so it's understandable why they're not focusing on it on trailers. There's 2h yogcast stream that shows gameplay and it looks quite solid, so if you're one of those people like me who can't wait for release you might want to check it out.

WHY THEY CAN'T RELEASE IT TODAY.
Sweet, I didn't know that was out.

Ugh, I feel you! I just want to play it now lol
What kind of a name is Frostpunk?
Like some other users already pointed out, this game is only in pre-order. Despite this, I've got an email:

A game you’ve been waiting for is now available on GOG.com
I was looking forward to digging into all the reviews, but it turns out it was just some overeager GOG employee hitting the switch early. Can you please put that notification back into the box and send me a mail when the game actually becomes available?

shmerl: 11-bit usually make Linux releases. So what's wrong with this one?
While in this particular case it would seem like there won't be any Linux release, I have seen devs submit a Linux version days or weeks after the release date. So as a general rule of thumb, not all hope is lost if a game shows up as Windows only at launch.
I'd rather see developers submit the Linux version later than to overpromise and then underdeliver. (Like Black Forest Games promising a Linux port during the pre-order phase for Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams...)

mystral: [...] And personally I'll never understand why it's ok to ask customers to pay for a game before it's even finished, [...]
I suggest a new trend: Let us get the games first and we'll pay for them at some indetermined point in the future. "Promise."
Magmarock: What kind of a name is Frostpunk?
A cool one?
Mehh, too easy, someone will come up with a better one :).
It's steampunk era + everything is frozen.
Frozensteampunk - Frostpunk.

What kind of a country loses a war to emu?
reative00: [...] What kind of a country loses a war to emu?
One that's allergic to birds, I would assume?
Wishlisted, as I don't do preorders...But yeah, glad it's here!
reative00: It's steampunk era + everything is frozen.
Frozensteampunk - Frostpunk.

What kind of a country loses a war to emu?
Ahahahah You reminded me about the first time I read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

At first it seemed almost an April fools' joke, but then I realized with horror that there is no limit to human stupidity. XD
reative00: What kind of a country loses a war to emu?
Chickens?
Hmm.

So it's Banished but with cold and steam, or is there more to it?
reative00: https://imgur.com/a/0rLj8
No Linux, maybe Mac.
diegozone3000: I think this information is a bit more recent:

https://www.gog.com/forum/frostpunk/probably_no_linux_support

(EDIT: Quite disappointing...)
That's a damned shame. This one would've gone on my wishlist for sure otherwise. :/

Here's hoping that circumstances will change enough over the next year or so to allow this to still change!
Reever: Sounds/looks good, wishlisted.

In other news: got 1000 stars, yay.
Stryder2931: Congrats on the 1000 post!!
That's not how it works, but thanks!

Still hoping for a forum redesign btw.
mintee: wish there were more actual gameplay trailers but if the devs pull off the same feeling and atmosphere that they did in This War of Mine it should be a fantastic game
reative00: There was 2 hour stream by Yogscast (few weeks old so I'm guessing it's final build), you might want to check it out.
thanks, will take a looksee