It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to GOG.COM on September 17th, 2020 and is now available for pre-orders.

The game will come with a soundtrack, a digital booklet with art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, and wallpapers for desktop and mobile. GOG.COM users will also receive a set of exclusive goodies when the game is released: a digital booklet about the game (more details soon), an additional set of wallpapers and avatars, and print quality Cyberpunk 2077 posters.

Pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 before June 17th to receive a special 30% off discount for the official CD PROJEKT RED merch store*.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

When buying Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

*One-time discount is valid only for Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders made on GOG.COM before June 17th, 2019, 10 PM UTC, and applies to items available in the official CD PROJEKT RED merchandise store, excluding figurines and products already on discount. Regional restrictions apply. See our Support page for more details.
This is the first game I am going to pre-order since the early 2000s for obvious reasons. I only hope that we get a bonus game guide because Cyberpunk 2077 seems like a long and complex journey that will not be easy for everybody to tackle on their own. Thank you CD Project for being so professional and consumer-oriented!
Cyberpunk 2077 next year? Preordered! :)
I broke my "Do not pre-order" rule for this title. Just to make this clear, I did not pre-order because i am caught up in hype. We'll see how the actual game turns out.

I pre-ordered because CDProjekt fills a unique position for me in today's industry: They value their customers, and they communicate that. This is in stark contrast to other publishers (the whole shitshow around the EGS; Deep Silver; EA; Ubisoft; Activision-Blizzard; Need I go on?). So they get something from me no-one else gets: A pre-order to show that their way of doing business is appreciated.

Lastly, but also most-importantly, a shout-out to every single person involved with Cyberpunk 2077 - from everything that's publicly available to see, you're putting in heart blood into this title, and it shows.
Post edited June 12, 2019 by Mueslinator
Mueslinator: I broke my "Do not pre-order" rule for this title. Just to make this clear, I did not pre-order because i am caught up in hype. We'll see how the actual game turns out.

I pre-ordered because CDProjekt fills a unique position for me in today's industry: They value their customers, and they communicate that. This is in stark contrast to other publishers (the whole shitshow around the EGS; Deep Silver; EA; Ubisoft; Activision-Blizzard; Need I go on?). So they get something from me no-one else gets: A pre-order to show that their way of doing business is appreciated.

Lastly, but also most-importantly, a shout-out to every single person involved with Cyberpunk 2077 - from everything that's publicly available to see, you're putting in heart blood into this title, and it shows.
This is exactly why I preordered too. You have no idea how many people don't understand this on the steam forums. Bunch of sheeple playing pretend at being thoughtful over there.

BTW, does anyone know when we will get preorder numbers for this game?
Hi all!
I'm from Russia and code to store don't need because they can't deliver to my country. It's very sad....

Who's need a 30% discount key to official CD PROJEKT RED merch store?
Post edited June 12, 2019 by Up_link
I did preorder here eventually, after their track record and bunch of freebies i accumulated from GOG it was only fair IMO
I think I'll jump on the pre-order bandwagon but much more closer to launch day when they finally have the sys requirements out by then! I also pre-ordered TW3 so I have no qualms throwing my money at them!
skeletonbow: My PC was barely fast enough to run Witcher 3 at 20-30fps depending on how I tweaked things, but I got it enjoyable enough to finish the game. My fantasy since then has been to play it triple-head on max resolution 7680x1600 with everything cranked up. But... not until the next system upgrade. ;)
New PC build is for both professional use, gaming, video production and other hungry apps. Threadripper 3rd gen 16 core, 128GB, RTX 2080. Not getting caught with my pants down this time. :)
B1tF1ghter: Good luck!
But Threadripper 3rd gen could potentially be skipped in this year.
Ryzen 3000 may actually have higher overall performance than Threadripper of the current gen (at least in the 16 core 32 th version... as the 16 core 32 th version is almost definitely gonna be available.... dunno how about AVC like performance).
So unless you need some features like high PCI E lanes count then I suggest you get Ryzen if you don't want to wait longer than you plan...
We don't know yet what the 3rd gen Threadripper will provide, but we do know the differences between 2nd gen Threadripper and its Ryzen cousins and can draw educated speculation from that. The Threadripper CPUs have double the memory bandwidth, which increases performance of memory bound applications, higher PCIE lane count which accommodates more hardware, faster inter core communications from what I recall to name a few things.

Despite rampant Internet rumours that Threadripper was dead, AMD has confirmed that Threadripper is not dead and that there will be Zen 2 based Threadripper CPUs in the future. They haven't committed to any timelines so we'll have to wait and find out.

I have time on my side as I'm in no hurry to purchase anything. Eager yes, but not rushed. Rumours are that Threadripper gen 3 will be available in 16, 24, 32 and 64 core parts however none of that is likely to be confirmed any time soon. I only care about 16 core and it'll almost certainly have that however. In the end what matters is performance and features to price value compared with other options and their pros and cons. Ryzen 9 chips are looking pretty good right now, but I think it'll be worth waiting to see what they do with the Threadripper first.
skeletonbow: The only remote chance is if the new game engine uses Vulkan, but that seems highly unlikely to me,
faroot: Why is that unlikely? Vulkan has been the wave of the future for years now.
It's speculation based on things the lead engine developer of Witcher 3 said previously about the next generation graphics APIs and why they weren't used in The Witcher 3. He's no longer at CDPR for several years now, however if I'm going to speculate about something then I'm going to speculate on the most likely scenario that is going to happen. There is risk of being wrong no matter how one speculates, but unless CDPR has stated or states outright in the future that the game is based on Vulkan under the hood, I'm going to speculate that it uses DirectX 12 because the vast majority of AAA games that are embracing and using the next generation graphics APIs are choosing to use DirectX 12.

For the record however, I am highly in favour of Vulkan and hope that my speculation is 100% wrong and that CDPR chose to use Vulkan instead, because both DX12 and Vulkan are comparable in performance and feature set, but DX12 is a walled garden of Microsoft vendor lockin, and Vulkan opens up the possibility of easy porting of the game cross platform if they decide to do so in the future.

So I think it makes more sense for any game company to use Vulkan, but by observing what game companies are actually doing, DirectX 12 seems more likely to me. I hope I lose the bet, it would make me much happier than if I am right.
skeletonbow: I'd say it's rather unlikely the game will work unofficially on older versions of Windows, because it will most likely use the DirectX 12 API which is only available for Windows 10. They would have to also support DirectX 11 in order for the game to run on older versions of Windows. And that's just the graphics API. If they are advertising it as Windows 10 only, they most likely wouldn't have wasted all the effort required to add in API support for older operating systems at all, meaning it wont be able to run at all on older operating systems.
B1tF1ghter: Actually there are not so many games that use ONLY DX12... There are barely any really... And it's not about OFFICIAL support really...
Gamedevs don't officially support older systems BUT same gamedevs usually don't want to FORCE users to upgrade even if they don't support their old system OFFICIALLY...

If they would just use Vulkan then it would be the best option as it is better than DX12 and Vulkan works on pretty much anything (including consoles... Yes it works on consoles)...
Yep, it wouldn't make much sense for any existing games on the market to be DX12 exclusive because according of the latest Steam Hardware Survey, Windows 10 only makes up 67.84% of the market in terms of operating system use amongst Steam gamers. Windows 7 64bit usage is 23.43%, and other versions of Windows account for about 4.5% approximately, so making a game Windows 10 exclusive would throw away 1/3 of the potential customers for a game for any game released to date.

But we're talking about a game that isn't coming out until mid-April 2020, a full 4 months after Microsoft ends support for Windows 7, and with the knowledge that the majority of games or other piece of software out there that launches officially after the support for a Microsoft operating system ends, almost never support previous versions of the now obsolete operating system. The only reason they'd need to support DX11 is if they planned to support older versions of Windows, or video hardware that isn't DX12 compatible, and based on what we do know so far I don't think they do plan to support older OS releases or hardware, nor that it makes much business sense for them to do so.

While Windows 7 usage still has approx 24% of the market in June 2019, I'm willing to bet that this number drops staggeringly between now and April 16, 2020. I'd be rather surprised if Windows 7+8.x usage is higher than 5% total on Steam hardware survey when the game is actually released. I also think that Microsoft is going to do things to try to force people to upgrade to Windows 10, just like they did when Windows 10 was originally released, and that there's even a possibility they may incentivize people with a promotion for a free Windows 10 upgrade for a week or month or whatever. May or may not happen, but Microsoft has done it before so it is certainly plausible.

Aside from that though, most of the new hardware that has come out in the last 3 years or so does not have proper support available for older versions of Windows, such as scheduler updates to handle new CPU module topologies etc. so if people want to use new hardware properly they need to be already running Windows 10, and that's only going to continue in the next year also.

I absolutely and categorically agree with you about Vulkan. Nothing could please me more than to find out the game uses Vulkan, even if they do not plan to support any other operating systems or platforms. It'd be a big win even just on Windows 10 IMHO, especially for AMD Radeon users.

B1tF1ghter: Honestly at this point I already think they made a mistake placing Windows 10 there...
It really is a placeholder (basically a copypaste...)... They copypasted standard placeholder on which you later expand and in which the default supported system is AT LEAST the CURRENT one.
That was mistake and they should have just said JUST Windows and NOT 10 because people already speculate A LOT.
I think A LOT more speculations will be later if they leave it like that...
I don't think it's a mistake at all. I think that it is information that they do in fact know already and so they're providing that detail to people that they do know, and not providing more details for the stuff that is not yet known 100% such as the exact hardware minimum and recommended requirements. If they weren't absolutely sure what operating systems they planned to support then they probably wouldn't have listed that either. But if they didn't know that then they probably would not have put the game up for pre-order yet either.

I think what we can read from what has been communicated so far is that if someone knows they want to play the game, and they are already using or planning to use Windows 10 by the time the game is released, and if they know that their hardware is or will be almost certainly compatible with the game by the time it is released, then pre-ordering is worth consideration. If one doesn't plan on using Windows 10 by the time the game is released, and isn't 100% positive that their computer is going to run it - without knowing what the specs are, then they should not pre-order it, or alternatively they should prepare to possibly have to upgrade their hardware to accommodate it when the game is released.

Of course there are people too that wont have enough info and will hold off, and that's smart IMHO. And there will be others wooed by the bonuses for pre-order who will take the gamble. Some of those people will probably end up just fine when the game comes out, and some will end up disappointed when the official hardware requirements are known and published later on and their potato computers are not capable of running it and they experience buyer's remorse.

faroot: If and only if they *need* Windows 10 features. They might not, for all I know.

Why is that unlikely? Vulkan has been the wave of the future for years now.
B1tF1ghter: Yeah that's exactly like that...
There is not much stuff in Windows 10 that someone from gamedev would absolutely WANT TO use... Basically most people from gamedev don't use thos AT ALL...

I remember when Vulkan was publically announced. There were A LOT of people saying it has no future and such.
I KNEW it is gonna be great and I was right. Now it is used in A LOT of places and actually made Linux gaming more doable now...
Vulkan is a great thing (especially for Linux users) and it WILL be used by more people over time so it is actually possible this game will use it...
I agree, Vulkan is overall the better choice as both it and DX12 are originally based on AMD Mantle, but Vulkan is cross platform open design not controlled by one company, and DX12 is proprietary closed design dominated with vendor lockin from Microsoft. Both have similar performance and feature characteristics, but one has more promise on many more devices (Vulkan). I hope very much that the decision makers at CDPR recognize that and decided to go with Vulkan, but I can't find it within me to bet money that they have chosen to go with it. I hope to find out that they did though.

Screamshield: When can we expect to see the minimum system requirements for the game? Can anyone from GOG answer?
True answer: Whenever CDPR finishes the game and optimizes it enough to predict what the minimum and recommended requirements are and feel confident enough to post it publicly and on the store pages.

Speculative answer: They announced the system specs for The Witcher 3 in January 2015, with the game being released in May, 2015, or roughly 4 months before the game's official release. If we speculate that they will do this for Cyberpunk 2077 also, and it's reasonable to speculate this, then perhaps they will release the system requirements 4 months before its release also, some time in December 2019.

That's just speculation though, but that's all we are going to have until they do actually know what the specs are and release them publicly.

https://techraptor.net/content/witcher-3-pc-system-requirements-announced
Post edited June 12, 2019 by skeletonbow
skeletonbow: Economically it makes no sense to support EOL versions of Windows due to the overhead of maintaining it and things breaking. It gives customers false hope, which is why very few companies bother to do it.
GameRager: Eh, GOG seems to do just fine selling some games with older OS support. ;)
There is a big difference between selling games designed for Windows XP/7/8 now, even though those OSs are no longer supported by Microsoft, and releasing a brand new game after the support from Microsoft for those operating systems has already ended.

This is a new product coming out after the life of those operating systems has ended. For existing games sold in the store which supported those operating systems which have now become end of life, GOG sold those games to many people when the operating systems were still supported by Microsoft, and while they're not obligated to keep supporting them forever, they've chosen to do so for most if not all of them because presumably the support load of doing so for games designed to run on those systems anyway - is low, and not much is likely to change.

It's a very big difference between that and a new product coming out which the game developer will be supporting for some number of years to come, and having to try to make all patches and updates, DLC, any expansions etc. continue to work on all of the systems they advertised it to officially support at launch. Announcing the game is supported on Windows 7 right now would mean a commitment to support the game on that platform probably until 2022 or later. Bad business decision for an EOL operating system.

The word "support" as used for selling other publishers games in a store like GOG, and directly supporting the customers of a game you designed yourself and have to make the code run on the systems you're claiming to support for N years, are very very different things.
No GNU/Linux support, no buy. In 2020, Microsoft is pulling the plug on Windows 7. I am not going to switch to Windows ZeroUX (8) or Windows Spyware (10) just for the sake of playing games.
Awesome.

I'm waiting, though, 'cause I plan on playing it on PS4. First order of business: get a PS4.
I don't understand all that negativity. The hottest game in recent years is coming DRM free to GOG and people still complain.

If you're on Linux, fine. But learn to live with the consequences. Why would any business port a giant project like this to GNU / Linux just to satisfy <2% of its customers? Same thing with Windows 7, which is EOL and no longer receives driver support from hardware manufacturers. Some demands are just plain unrealistic and stupid. Hardware and software industries are constantly evolving, more so than any other industry. People who do not adapt are damned to stay behind, simple as that. I'm okay to stay behind in some areas of my life, but gaming isn't one of them.

My main device is a 9 year old iMac by the way, which is why I have an AMD powered PC sitting beneath my display, running Windows 10. And if you don't dig Windows 10, there's a couple of console options for you to pivot to.
Radoo-RO: No GNU/Linux support, no buy. In 2020, Microsoft is pulling the plug on Windows 7. I am not going to switch to Windows ZeroUX (8) or Windows Spyware (10) just for the sake of playing games.
Same here -- but then I dropped Windows altogether some years ago. I'll wait till it has been released and then make up my mind:

1) Is it even a game I actually want? Will I like it?
2) Is it playable on Linux DRM Free?

It took Witcher 3 many years to qualify. Eventually it did, and I bought it, although it was not thanks to CDPR's (lack of) effort.