It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Embark on an adventure that unravels a dark tale filled with twisted characters. The Winter Ember demo is now available on GOG.COM for free!

Take the role of Arthur Artorias – the sole survivor of a massacre that devastated his family’s legacy. Thought to be dead, you emerge from exile 8 years later, the faceless man kindled by the flame and seeking vengeance...

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
I am eagerly awaiting the game release, so let's see if the demo meets my expectations.
Thank you very much!
That's an unusual name for a GOG installer (WinterEmber_ManualUpload_Steam_BuildID_6102925).
Seems very interesting. Like a top down version of Thief mixed with Metal Gear Solid.
Thanks for adding the demo! Will the full game have a Linux version?
Doesn't seem to have remappable keys.

That would be fine if the keys are how I like them, but they aren't. They're WASD, but I use the arrow keys, which don't work. So it's unplayable for me.

Just a word-of-warning for those [few?] others for whom it makes a difference..

/sigh
Nu-Thief? Hm...
Was hoping to see a gameplay trailer. But judging from the screen captures, it looks like a potentially interesting game. Thx for the demo, GOG! :)
Stealthy game? Thanks!!. Lets try this demo. thanks!!
It would be nice to have a seperate section in your gog games shelf to place demos.
§pectre: It would be nice to have a seperate section in your gog games shelf to place demos.
Yes, it would be nice.
§pectre: It would be nice to have a seperate section in your gog games shelf to place demos.
You can always "hide them", like some folks do.
That way, whenever you select the "hidden" games in your Library you get a section just for the demos.
karnak1: You can always "hide them", like some folks do.
That way, whenever you select the "hidden" games in your Library you get a section just for the demos.
You mean Demos, and all the crappy games you don't want, and never want to see in your library.
Like the 5, or 6 free games I was given on first buying a game from GOG.

I've yet to ever see any free game offer for a decent game I didn't already own, on any store, even Epic, with it's weekly giveaways.
I've learned now never to take a game, just because it's "free", it's either very old, and sells at under a £1 in every sale, or it's just the bare bones base game, and is used to sell you all the DLC/MTX from that store, which are never given away for free.

What would be better is the ability to permanently remove any game, and/or Demo from your library.
Like I did, and can still do to all the Steam games I own on GOG now, because I want the offline installers.

Caveat:
Don't Remove any Steam game if any of it's mods are restricted to Steam Workshop, you must own the game, and have it in your Library on Steam to download any Workshop mods.

Note on Caveat
Even though I've been told devs can turn this requirement off, it's still the default setting, and devs don't know it even exists.
I think it was "Stellaris" that was the claimed exception, but I didn't have the game to verify, and have yet to see another example.
VanishedOne: That's an unusual name for a GOG installer (WinterEmber_ManualUpload_Steam_BuildID_6102925).
I assume it is beacuse the demo was made for the Steam Games Festical, which is going from the 3'd to the 9'th Feb. (along with many other demos there now)

I played the demo, and I did not like it very much. It i seems to bemade for controllers, the key binding I did not like. The character was just too large, meannig it was too zoomed in, for a game like this, giving you very little visability. The character was very 'floaty' and difficult to control, and I did not like the double-stick controls (walk one way, look another). This works well in a shooter, but not in a stealth precision game. it was a struggle entering tge house as I first keep missing the jump on the side of the house, several times slid off the walkway, and when I first got over it, the jump up on the next box missed (due to focusing on the platforming and fogetting to move the mouse so the charater is fasing the right way) and for some reason made me wall-jump on the plank where I off course slidd off again.

When inside, I stealth killed a person right in front of anoter NPC which did not react.... The combat was...OK?, but I have seen better. I also tried a stealth-knockout on another NPC, and was discovered by a guard in the process, but I could not let go of the NPC I was knocking out and the guard killed me without being able to enter combat. Overall I just found the experience to frustrating to enojy. So far, for a game like this, I much preferd Seven.

Edit - This has been one of the two biggest dissapointments for me so far during the Steam Festival demo rush. The other was Graven, which sounds and looks gorgeous, and good level design, but I just did not like the gameplay...
Post edited February 04, 2021 by amok
The Gog Store definitely needs to show if a game's controls are rebindable, I'm fed up of wasting my time with lazy devs.