It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FurrySnowflake82: A little while ago, while vetting my Paypal settings, i found an entry belonging to GOG under my preapproved payments.
Let me clarify something :)

As replied in your ticket, funds in your PayPal wallet will be used first.

We have introduced a new approach, which is exactly the same as saving credit card token, but for PayPal. This is a part of our official Paypal integration. It's doesn't allow us to charge recurring payments, it only saves your data for future payments authorized by you. So no worries.

We're also gathering feedback and will be introducing a slightly different flow that will be more clear for our users.
First of all, thank you all for your feedback regarding our new direct integration of PayPal.

With the new integration, PayPal now shows in a pop-up instead of redirecting you to a separate page but all actions are still made within PayPal ecosystem and GOG has no access to them. The same goes for any payment data and credentials - these are stored by PayPal and GOG has no access to them.

The new integration gives you an option to store your credentials for future payments with One Touch. It now also works on GOG automatically, if you saved your device for this type of payments before. Both of these are entirely optional and can be skipped. If you want to revoke existing One Touch permissions, then you need to go to Settings in your PayPal account.

Unfortunately, now you cannot choose PayPal Credit as a payment method. This is a bug and we’re working with PayPal on enabling credits in this window. We apologize and hope to fix this by the beginning of next week.

I hope that answers your questions. I appreciate any further feedback or bug reports that you might give us about this new direct integration.
Post edited August 01, 2019 by emter_pl
Leroux: The issue we have is that this option apparently can't be skipped like you say, and is therefor not optional. I don't see any alternative like "No thanks, I don't want to store credentials for future payments, just make this a one time only purchase". You either agree to have the credentials stored, or you have to abort the purchase.
If you don't have an option to skip, please make a screenshot and send to our Support, so we can investigate further.

In general, I encourage all of you to send us Support tickets with examples if your experience with the new direct PayPal integration differs from what I described.
MarkoH01: I just took a few screenshots from a test which will now be part of the support ticket I am about to create in a few minutes. Every screenshot is taken in chronological order of the purchase while the first one is clearly shown that One Touch is turned off. If somebody could tell me how to skip or opt out in any way - be my guest.

Edit: Support ticket created.
Thanks for explaining your point. Pre-approved payments and One Touch are two services that work in a different way, hence the misunderstanding.

We just updated the PayPal flow.

It now should enable all of you to use your PayPal balance/credits and we made sure that payments are one-time only. One Touch is still available as an option and works automatically if you already enabled it on your device.
Remember that One Touch is still available as an option and will work automatically if you've enabled it on your device.
Our logs don't indicate any PayPal problems currently but we are monitoring the situation for any potential issues. That being said, if you're still having some trouble, please contact our Support.
Also, I've let our Web Team know about the issues you've just mentioned and they're looking into it.
mrkgnao: Another related issue:
- If you try to "buy" a FREE game/DLC as a gift, the checkout button on the "Checkout" window now reads "Pay with PayPal", not "Get Free" (or whatever it used to read).
- If you click on the "Pay with PayPal", a Paypal pop-up appears, then disappears, and a GOG "There was a problem with processing your payment. Please try again." error message is printed.
- However, the "purchase" does go through and the gift code appears in your "Orders History" window.

Probably the same if you buy it not as a gift (couldn't test).
Hey mrkgnao.

Thanks for raising the issue, we will look into closely and i will let you know once we have fixed it.