It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

He was nice enough to become my friend, he will be missed.
[generic comment expressing discontent to be upvoted due to containing aggravated verbal criticism of left-leaning political opinions, despite the OP's intentions to keep politics out of the thread]
zeogold: [generic, innocuous comment to be downvoted because it vaguely smacks of left-leaning political opinions]
[response lacking in any depth or meaning outside of perhaps a meme, also to be upvoted]

[complaint about GOG, those disagreeing with stated opinion, and this thread in general, to be screenshotted and displayed in next YouTube video]
zeogold: [generic, innocuous comment to be downvoted because it vaguely smacks of left-leaning political opinions]
zeogold: [response lacking in any depth or meaning outside of perhaps a meme, also to be upvoted]

[complaint about GOG, those disagreeing with stated opinion, and this thread in general, to be screenshotted and displayed in next YouTube video]
[ generic reactional comment expressing hilarity at previous post to be downvoted because it appeared to support said member and by association, is assumed to agree with the content of previous comment ]
Please GOG, bring back Linko already!
I am very disappointed in you giving in to these leftist totalitarians whose main occupation is being outraged and who literally destroy livelyhoods and subsequently lives. I am thinking about taking my business elsewhere. A handful of good games is not worth the loss of principles but apparently a handful of sold games is worth the loss to you.
high rated
HereForTheBeer: Folks, it isn't about SJWs and snowflakes and such. It's about professional incompetence in a Public Relations position for a retail outlet. It's about positive reinforcement of your store's mission and image, while not trying to make headlines by potentially stepping on the toes of others.
You fail to understand that on the internet, with such massive reach and so many idiots concentrated, that no matter how grey you make your post, someone will be offended no matter what. Have you not seen pet / cute animal videos? There will always be some kind of deranged idiot saying how what's being done is animal cruelty. Similarly, on twitter, there will be political no-lifes who only see stuff through their ideology and will get offended at everything.

If companies or anyone with a social media presence started taking what you said seriously, ie ''preserving their image'' to the extent of random dismissal of employees, they'll end up in a situation where they'd rather not post at all because someone can be offended and they don't have time or money to plug a pacifier into someone's mouth every time they make a tweet.

What if the Westboro Baptist Church is offended? What then? Well obviously they don't matter. Then who does matter? All of this is just an excuse to fire people willy-nilly and it contributes to how lacking job security is in the industry.
It came to my attention that ever offended SJW has stared joining CD PROJEKT ranks to destroy everything from inside. I sincerly hope that you apathetic individuals can keep alive your own projects without bringing the infestation with you wherever you go. You are the pests of the video game industry deep down I hope they ban you from what earns your salary so our issues can end.

First of all, bring back Linko and fire the one that silently got rid of him - he'e the one lowering the price of stock value of this company and scaring loyal audience. Second of all if you find us stupid and you prefere to shadow ban say it in open so our support may cease permanently.I have some bad experiences with your moderators as well if more of us start coming out you have earned yourselves quite a scandal...
Post edited November 08, 2018 by K_4-far
If you are going to fire every community manager because someone somewhere is determined to be offended as much as possible then you can just cancel the position altogether.
Just for demonstration purposes:

Expression of good old Polish Catholic fear of “the gay agenda” caused expected backlash, and probably was even intended to provoke it. #PolishWayOfLife

—End of demonstration—

A company like GOG or CDPR should present itself more maturely.

And everyone can play jingoistic, racist, homophobic etc. games. It’s cheap and easy. See the sentence in italics. GOG should know better. There is no goal to achieve by pissing on minorities. By this behavior one just demonstrates how much of a dickhead one is. Trying to make it sound funny doesn’t change it.

GOG sells games and should keep it at that—and keep its nose out of the rest.
Linko90 was one of my fave, cool and most active blues on these forums, I hope he's only on temporary leave.
X-com: Linko90 was one of my fave, cool and most active blues on these forums, I hope he's only on temporary leave.
He would get a new label or something instead of profile disappearing if it was only temporary, It mwans his profile was permanently removed from GOG account repository - at least on the forum (you can still use GOG cli4nt when you request your forum account to be deleted.)
K_4-far: He would get a new label or something instead of profile disappearing if it was only temporary, It mwans his profile was permanently removed from GOG account repository - at least on the forum (you can still use GOG cli4nt when you request your forum account to be deleted.)
Yeah, you're probably right, it's just wishful thinking on my part
PSA!

Keep this thread alive, tell more people that SJW has started invasion to kill this developer so we can get official stance on the issue. Ty.
high rated
Ok, lets have a look. To make it clear, I'm fairly new to GOG.com, so I can't compare this community manager to a previous one. However, this topic bothers me a lot. The reason is that I actually started to love GOG, their philosophy etc. and want all the best for this company - prospery, loyal community and so on. Moreover, I look up to such companies and consider them as a great place to work at, so I'm really concerned about this issue.

Firing community manager over nothing doesn't feel right. Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT APPRECIATE offending people. However, using that hashtag was not offending, probably he didn't even know about its origin. I didn't know and it was the first time I've ever heard about it. What we have as a result - a group of people got offended and force the company to fire it's empoyee (if it's actually true, of course), while the significant part of the actual community is disappointed due to this desition. In fact, it appears that opinion of the few overwhelms opinion of many and it's definitely wrong. All I ask you, GOG, is to pay attention to what the real commutinty say, because we are the real community, not that fake one on tweeter!

And sorry if it offends somebody, but I must say it:

Gamers #WontBeErased