It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ThePunishedSnake: Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Funny, easy, three hours long.
Been there since I started the list. One of the games that inspired me to do this, in fact. I really like that game. It came along at just the right time and struck the right chord with me.
Post edited September 04, 2014 by IAmSinistar
There's Bastion. I finished that in a day
Also Downfall, very short but very good, in my opinion the plot is better then The Cat Lady one. I hope the developer will pass Greenlight soon, so I can play the enhanced version he is doing now for the game.
Journey of a Roach

Light-hearted point & click adventure with all logical and original puzzles that are neither too easy nor too difficult for beginners. The game can be finished in one evening (roughly 3-5 hours) Full Review here

ThePunishedSnake: Also Downfall, very short but very good, in my opinion the plot is better then The Cat Lady one. I hope the developer will pass Greenlight soon, so I can play the enhanced version he is doing now for the game.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, looks very interesting. Reminds me that I should not forget to occasionally look outside GOG for new p&c adventures that aren't to be found here.
awalterj: Journey of a Roach

Light-hearted point & click adventure with all logical and original puzzles that are neither too easy nor too difficult for beginners. The game can be finished in one evening (roughly 3-5 hours) Full Review here
ThePunishedSnake: Also Downfall, very short but very good, in my opinion the plot is better then The Cat Lady one. I hope the developer will pass Greenlight soon, so I can play the enhanced version he is doing now for the game.
Added both of these, thanks! I'll try to move them up my backlog as well.

awalterj: Thanks for bringing this to my attention, looks very interesting. Reminds me that I should not forget to occasionally look outside GOG for new p&c adventures that aren't to be found here.
Actually, Downfall is here. I believe GOG owners will be getting the upgraded commercial version free, since this original version is going to freeware at the same time.
Post edited September 04, 2014 by IAmSinistar
awalterj: Journey of a Roach

IAmSinistar:
IAmSinistar: Added both of these, thanks! I'll try to move them up my backlog as well.

awalterj: Thanks for bringing this to my attention, looks very interesting. Reminds me that I should not forget to occasionally look outside GOG for new p&c adventures that aren't to be found here.
IAmSinistar: Actually, Downfall is here. I believe GOG owners will be getting the upgraded commercial version free, since this original version is going to freeware at the same time.
I hope Desura owners too, since I bought the game here.
Matewis: There's Bastion. I finished that in a day
It does feel rather short.. but enjoyable :)
Nobody has mentioned Lifeless Planet yet? - Even though it contains a fair bit of platform gameplay (which I cant stand usually and I'm also not good at / don't have the patience for), it took me less than five hours.

Edit: starting it at about 4am was a bad idea though!
Post edited September 21, 2014 by Sachys
IAmSinistar: Scratch that, turns out the game I was going to add really should take longer to play properly.
Are you implying that I'm too fast :(

(all the times I stated back then were based on how much time Steam claimed I had played those games)
Sachys: Nobody has mentioned Lifeless Planet yet? - Even though it contains a fair bit of platform gameplay (which I cant stand usually and I'm also not good at / don't have the patience for), it took me less than five hours.

Edit: starting it at about 4am was a bad idea though!
Ta, I'll get it on there. Will install it for playing myself as well.

AFnord: Are you implying that I'm too fast :(

(all the times I stated back then were based on how much time Steam claimed I had played those games)
No, I'm just going by my own experience in that case. I'm probably not the best baseline for an average player, though. It's just an arbitrary side effect of this being my list. :)
IAmSinistar: ...
As far as I know, you already know the game, but I can confirm that "12 Labours of Hercules" is a classic 1 day game. It takes about 5-6 hours to complete all achievements. It's light hearted and leaves you in good mood. Maybe a bit to easy on standard difficulty, but still a recommendation from my side.
IAmSinistar: snip
A small sidenote; both a Story About my Uncle and Gone Home are now available on GOG. You might want to update the opening post.
DeMignon: As far as I know, you already know the game, but I can confirm that "12 Labours of Hercules" is a classic 1 day game. It takes about 5-6 hours to complete all achievements. It's light hearted and leaves you in good mood. Maybe a bit to easy on standard difficulty, but still a recommendation from my side.
It even got a sequel, 12 Labours of Hercules II: The Cretan Bull, but couldn't find it anywhere being DRM-free. :(
DeMignon: As far as I know, you already know the game, but I can confirm that "12 Labours of Hercules" is a classic 1 day game. It takes about 5-6 hours to complete all achievements. It's light hearted and leaves you in good mood. Maybe a bit to easy on standard difficulty, but still a recommendation from my side.
Thanks! I'm actually playing that one myself. I've gotten hung up on a level where I'm trying to get all three stars and keeping failing by mere seconds. It's frustrated me so I've put it aside. But I'm sure I could do it in a day if I wasn't being so perfectionist (and doing it so badly).

Grargar: A small sidenote; both a Story About my Uncle and Gone Home are now available on GOG. You might want to update the opening post.
Yes, I was just checking the list today and it reminded me to install A Story About My Uncle in order to check it. The version on the list is the original freeware one. I want to see if the version on GOG is significantly longer. The filesize is about twice as large.
IAmSinistar: Thanks! I'm actually playing that one myself. I've gotten hung up on a level where I'm trying to get all three stars and keeping failing by mere seconds. It's frustrated me so I've put it aside. But I'm sure I could do it in a day if I wasn't being so perfectionist (and doing it so badly).

[...]
Which level is giving you trouble? Perhaps you need to change your strategy. ;-)