It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Thanks for bearing with us in this thread. We’d like to announce that today we’ve introduced the addition of new installers, with implemented GOG Galaxy client.

Like Destro described it back in May, we decided to separate the „new" and „classic” installers, for your choice. So if you don’t care about the features like achievements or cloud-saves and don’t want to use GOG Galaxy, you can download the „Classic Game Installer", just like it was handled before. For games that have new installers, the default download view on „My account” will show the "GOG Galaxy Game Installers" - you will notice that, as it is visibly described in „My account” game view. To download the „classic” ones, just go to „Options" and choose „Classic Installers”.

The new GOG Galaxy Game Installers were added to +100 games - a selection of all games that make use of GOG Galaxy features. I'll post the current list of games with the new installers in a separate post.
Going forward, all new games that will use GOG Galaxy features, will now receive both GOG Galaxy Game Installer and Classic Game Installer.

Introduction of GOG Galaxy Game Installers doesn’t change anything in terms of keeping the Classic Game Installers up to date. As soon as we receive an update for any game, we will prepare an updated version of the classic installer, just like it was done in the past.

Edit: Pinned.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by fables22
high rated
sunshinecorp: *snip*
I won't buy a game from GOG ever again, just stick around to get the free ones from GOG Connect, unless they change their minds about this. If they only understand money, I'm taking mine away.
mm324: And don't forget about the occasional freebie. If money is the only language they'll listen to then so be it. I'll take their freebies, read their message boards, use their GOG Connect, and then spend my money elsewhere.
you know what, the other week i had steam keys of SR 2, 3 and 4 to spare (duplicates/unwanted, already got the games) and i told to myself "well, if you think twice about it, it's not very kind to give them away just for peeps to redeem them as gog connect versions, because it's litteraly making gog loose a sale"

now i have remorses i didnt give them away without thinking about that :)
low rated
Djaron: no you wont, because you'll force-rationalize it into a way to see it as a positive opportunity and to no bother that much about it because it could be worse later and not yet... no worry, i get the drill
You obviously don't know me very well.. I own a pretty significant collection on Steam... 100's of dollars spent that I walked away from and never installed again because of the shitty DRM being hidden in games.

With nearly 400 games here I'll will walk away tomorrow if they really do drop DRM free... it really depends a number of factors, but walking away... I'll do that without question.

For me though, I don't share the same DRM views as other people here, and that will factor into the choice.
high rated
te_lanus: How long before GOG does it?
BKGaming: I don't know... it may be tomorrow, and it may be never. I would rather not live in the fear of the unknown. I own a lot of games here, if GOG suddenly adopts DRM tomorrow I would of course be mad as hell.

But today, today GOG is free of DRM and arguably the best alternative to those seeking a DRM free experience. While that statement is true, I can't see myself running back to Steam or consoles where I KNOW where they stand just because GOG makes a few changes I disagree with. The core experience is still the same.
Where is your breaking point?

You're OK with opting out rather than opting in, what if they made you opt out twice? It's still optional afterall. What if they install it by default, but allow you to uninstall it afterward, it's still optional right?
Post edited May 11, 2017 by djdarko
high rated
I think this could be more convenient than it is.

Any chance you could go ahead and install Badoo and McAfee for me while you're at it?
high rated
GR00T: And there are tons more people that have even more games in their accounts and have done more giveaways. GOG's going to lose a lot of these regulars if they don't reconsider (assuming, of course, that everyone who has threatened to wash their hands of GOG follows through).
yeah, of course.
when i said i was wordless, i meant it almost literally, so it's hard to think of something to say.
i never was much into community here, but i absolutely loved it back then. it seems there was many changes, some folks are already gone and forum atmosphere is less friendly this time. the end of the famous GOG community would be a terrible loss. it already is, since many great people aren't here and it seems this could be the last day of GOG forums as we know it.
you people are great. all of you. thanks heartily.

if all this ends good, maybe i'll throw in my giveaway too. the roads must roll, after all.
high rated
Gersen: Basically what they said is that their future games releases, as in Cyberpunk & Co, will take advantage of Gog and Galaxy infrastructure and features; it doesn't say anything about said features being mandatory.
Not if you read that as CDPR talking about their own games. That section is written from the point of view of both CDPR and GOG, though, and there doesn't seem to be any way of telling which that particular statement pertains to. Either way, "integral" is careless wording at best and a hint toward their desired direction at worst.
high rated
Didn't a cdpr co-owner say that pirates are just mistreated customers? Can't help feeling mistreated and betrayed
high rated
timmy010: Didn't a cdpr co-owner say that pirates are just mistreated customers? Can't help feeling mistreated and betrayed
That was Good old Games.
This is GOG.com ;)
high rated
Breja: Three days ago downloading Galaxy was not obligatory.
BKGaming: Hey if you want to be technical, GOG never said they wouldn't make you download it...
Quite the contrary, I don't want to get technical. It is you who are trying to relegate this to a discussion on semantics when every sane person can see this is going against the spirit of what GOG was, and what was promised.

BKGaming: But today, today GOG is free of DRM and arguably the best alternative to those seeking a DRM free experience. While that statement is true, I can't see myself running back to Steam or consoles where I KNOW where they stand just because GOG makes a few changes I disagree with. The core experience is still the same.
Yeah, the core experience of getting shafted by a company bereft of any basic respect for their long standing customer base. And please, stop with this "it's this or steam" rhetoric. There are other options. You just have to have enough of a spine to maybe (the horror!) do without a few games you were looking forward to.
Post edited May 11, 2017 by Breja
timmy010: Didn't a cdpr co-owner say that pirates are just mistreated customers? Can't help feeling mistreated and betrayed
That's because you haven't tried the new optional client called "Galaxy".
Ever tried "Galaxy" our new optional client ? It's totally optional, click here to try "Galaxy".

Damn, they should have an NPC kinda like the LOOM guy in monkey island, but promoting "Galaxy" in Cyberpunk.
high rated
BKGaming: Hey if you want to be technical
We don't, though. It's not so much the letter as the spirit of the message.
Nobody's complaining that they have to untick a box. It's really a minor annoyance, since it's a simple mouse-button click. The problem here is the implications of what lengths the company is willing to go to.
We're not all the way to the apoclaypse yet, but the dramatic music is at least winding up and the dude in the raggedy clothing is preaching of the oncoming plagues.
Post edited May 11, 2017 by zeogold
high rated
Executer: That was Good old Games.
This is GOG.com ;)
Soon to be officialy renamed Galaxy of Games or just Galaxy.com
high rated
Breja: And please, stop with this "it's this or steam" rhetoric.
Actually, I don't know about you, but if GOG is modeling itself after Steam, then I'm just going to stick with Steam.
InsertDisk2: Damn, they should have an NPC kinda like the LOOM guy in monkey island, but promoting "Galaxy" in Cyberpunk.
Why have a NPC promoting a client in a game that will require the said client to run. Because if you still believe it won't, then I just have a bridge to sell you.
Breja: Soon to be officialy renamed Galaxy of Games or just Galaxy.com
And i think the comparison of Galaxy with Steam in general is unfair.. its more.. like Origin.

Btw. GOG if you want to get more Galaxy users how about this:
Galaxy only free Games
Galaxy only sales

or.. a Humble Galaxy Bundle ;)
Post edited May 11, 2017 by Executer