It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Thanks for bearing with us in this thread. We’d like to announce that today we’ve introduced the addition of new installers, with implemented GOG Galaxy client.

Like Destro described it back in May, we decided to separate the „new" and „classic” installers, for your choice. So if you don’t care about the features like achievements or cloud-saves and don’t want to use GOG Galaxy, you can download the „Classic Game Installer", just like it was handled before. For games that have new installers, the default download view on „My account” will show the "GOG Galaxy Game Installers" - you will notice that, as it is visibly described in „My account” game view. To download the „classic” ones, just go to „Options" and choose „Classic Installers”.

The new GOG Galaxy Game Installers were added to +100 games - a selection of all games that make use of GOG Galaxy features. I'll post the current list of games with the new installers in a separate post.
Going forward, all new games that will use GOG Galaxy features, will now receive both GOG Galaxy Game Installer and Classic Game Installer.

Introduction of GOG Galaxy Game Installers doesn’t change anything in terms of keeping the Classic Game Installers up to date. As soon as we receive an update for any game, we will prepare an updated version of the classic installer, just like it was done in the past.

Edit: Pinned.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by fables22
high rated
Dir GOG team.

I went into using GOG because I was feed up with steams ever present platform.
One that you have use in order to play anything from them.

It all started when I was systematically searching for cracks for games I have on steam. In order to liberate them from that platform.
I wanted to be able to just play my games - whiteout any hassle.
In that search I found a free update of Witcher 1 and 2 (at Project Red). They was turned into DRM-free ones on GOG.
That way I found the existence of GOG. And started to use it.

Many of the games I already had on steam I did purchase again on GOG (Nealy all I cold).
In order to liberate them from the steam platform.
Later I did buy more games on GOG and almost stooped buying from steam any more.
So now i have around 1000 games on GOG.

SO now when you (GOG) start to sneak-install Galaxy. By adding it as bundled bloatware.
Bloadware that one have to use hidden options to avoid getting. It do worries me deeply.

What will the next steep be ?
Making galaxy not quite optional any more ?
Perhaps even mandatory effectively turning GOG into steam2 ?

So until the day come when Galaxy is distributed in a completely optional way.
Not as "optional" bloadware hidden in your installers. I wont buy a single game more.

Regards
Post edited July 18, 2017 by Agrilla
aaaand the drm infection continuous
Somehow GOG manages to keep making themselves look assholes compared to Origin...ORIGIN, STEAM, and even Uplay.

Bravo GOG, Bravo!
low rated
Agrilla: So until the day come when Galaxy is distributed in a completely optional way.
Not as "optional" bloadware hidden in your installers. I wont buy a single game more.
It's already the case, just download the "classic" installer and they don't come with Galaxy bundled in.
high rated
Agrilla: So until the day come when Galaxy is distributed in a completely optional way.
Gersen: It's already the case, just download the "classic" installer and they don't come with Galaxy bundled in.
No it is not, the website does not save your decision. Everytime you download a game you have to make sure not to accidentally just click and download a game, missing the "g" in the filename and then you have Galaxy on our system.

And worse after you have uninstalled Galaxy, you may well have problems installing classic installers afterwards as it seems in some cases.
Post edited July 19, 2017 by MaGo72
low rated
MaGo72: No it is not, the website does not save your decision. Everytime you download a game you have to make sure not to accidentally just click and download a game, missing the "g" in the filename and then you have Galaxy on our system.
Any of that doesn't change that it is possible to download classic installers without Galaxy bundled in them.
high rated
Sure it is possible to download clean classic installers. But that is somehow beside the point.

* The point is that the clean installers is everything but default downloaded.

* The point is that the apple one-click-generation will be tricked to download and install galaxy every time.
They are never asked. I think they should be.

* The point being that everyone else including me can easily make the mistake getting the wrong version.

* And finally The point is that if the wrong installer is run (the one bundled with galaxy)
Then the fact that galaxy is going to be installed. is not shown without clicking option.
So effectively the installer becomes a bomb.
Do you click option EVERY TIME you install something.

If the installers had asked - Do you want to install galaxy as well.
With a YES button. And a NO button. On the first window seen when running a install program.
And if it did explained just what galaxy is. And what it does.
Then it wold have been entirely different.
I wold have been truly optional. And no one wold have been tricked into anything.

PS: I guess we all sometimes are one-click-Lets-Play-Now-apple kids. And sometime are responsible grown ups. I am anyway :-)
Post edited July 19, 2017 by Agrilla
high rated
I mean, I *use* Galaxy. But this is still pretty stupid, because you're antagonizing all the people wbo dont. I would tag @w0rma and yell at him, but this rickety old forum software doesn't work that that. :P
high rated
It might be a little late for this post, however I just like to voice out my concerns regarding the new gog installers wherein galaxy is selected to install together by default with our game of choice. This is most disturbing, installing something else without our consent aside from the game itself. Heck I didn't even notice that galaxy was included until I saw it on my desktop when the installation was completed?!

The reason I came to GOG.COM in the first place is to get of myself of the intrusive DRM nature in games and the always online requirement to play a single player game?! Cannot even properly enjoy playing games offline nowadays until I found gog.com while browsing the internet during the darkest moments of life of sorts XD! It gave my life some semblance of purpose to keep hoping and playing games! Decided to make GOG.COM my sole place to purchase games digitally and completely abandon Steam for good. And now this issues embedding galaxy on new gog installers?!

Gods! the most appealing thing that gotten me to gog was their custom build offline installer! It was a class of its own as it does not require any Internet connection to run it and it could be installed on a number of PCs. And now even the installers is being tainted by the very thing that most people here despise about. What the hell happen to you GOG?! Your better than this!!!

Please don't be like Steam, Origin, or Uplay! Be the GOG.com that we admire the most like the old days! Just be you!!!
I know change is inevitable however please let it be a positive one. Please don't make galaxy mandatory to install or play our games!? That's the last thing that I do not wish to materialize...
Theseekingseer: Please don't be like Steam, Origin, or Uplay! Be the GOG.com that we admire the most like the old days! Just be you!!!
I know change is inevitable however please let it be a positive one. Please don't make galaxy mandatory to install or play our games!? That's the last thing that I do not wish to materialize...
Just in case you haven't discovered this, if you go to your game page and click on the MORE tab, you get a drop-down list that includes 'classic installers'. These don't contain the Galaxy client, so use those instead.

Currently there's no option to select Classic Installers as the default, so you'll have to go into the MORE tab every time. But supposedly GOG will provide this as an option in the future - although there's no word as to when.
high rated
It's a definite shady move to make these the default. I have galaxy on my main PC at home, I have a second PC that I don't want Galaxy on and I hate accidentally installing it with a game. If someone is using the website to download odds are they've seen one of the many links to download Galaxy, including the big blue button next to every game you pop open in the library. Adding this to game installers is a shovelware move fit for shitty sites, this site was always setting itself apart from the kinds that load you down with toolbars or antivirus software.
high rated
GR00T: Currently there's no option to select Classic Installers as the default, so you'll have to go into the MORE tab every time. But supposedly GOG will provide this as an option in the future - although there's no word as to when.
Yes, and i even suggested to GOG support or whatever many many months ago (i don't recall exactly) to add a checkbox to let the user selects what he/she wants by debault. I think the majority of users coming there ain't idiots.

But obviously, the insults continue since this time...it's either pure lazyness or either GOG wants to push futher the use of the client....letting the choice to the user with clear explanations is always the best choice .... Now i come there very rarely.....

PS : i do'nt give a shit about the Galaxy's "lovers"...who insulted me in the past....
Post edited November 04, 2020 by DyNaer
Just downloaded Atlantic Fleet. Realised I had downloaded the installer with the client, now have to redownload.

I would be pissed off if it had bee a large download.

Also for me the old GoG downloaded no longer works. It will not connect. I hope this is not GoG's way of forcing us to use the client for large games
Will this benefit a linux user by making it easier to get all the files downloaded in one place?
marklaur: Just downloaded Atlantic Fleet. Realised I had downloaded the installer with the client, now have to redownload.

I would be pissed off if it had bee a large download.

Also for me the old GoG downloaded no longer works. It will not connect. I hope this is not GoG's way of forcing us to use the client for large games
Grabbed couple of games other night via downloader & it still worked for me.
Perhaps reinstall it?
Post edited January 06, 2018 by fishbaits