It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A naughty, open-world photography adventure game – time to answer the call of the wild in Sapphire Safari, now available on GOG in its early access and with a -50% discount that lasts until October 26th, 2 PM UTC!

The Sapphire Islands were mysteriously discovered, and a team of daring scientists and explorers was sent in to uncover its secrets. The lure of a virgin Archipelago to explore, teeming with unique wildlife, an amazing discovery! Who wouldn't be excited to chase this opportunity? A month passes, and the First Team has lost contact with the home base. Take on the role of a wildlife photographer, seeking glory, and fame! Follow the tracks of the First Team to discover their fate, while documenting the islands in all their splendor!

Capture the beauty of real-life Monster Girls in their natural habitats. As a wildlife photographer, your job is to venture deep into unexplored territories, capture the Monster Girls as they socialize, hunt, sleep, and mate, and hopefully come out in one piece.

Check Sapphire Safari out and make full use of the discount!

Note: This title is currently in development. See the FAQ to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
micktiegs_8: To you and your friends - stay mad at people judging trash for what it clearly is, nobody cares.
Thank you for figuring out for me what's trash and what's not - I mean, it is not that this would be subjective in any kind and opinions could matter. If you are not interested in the game - fine, if you don't like the artstyle - fine ... but please stop confusing subjective opinions with actual facts.
micktiegs_8: To you and your friends - stay mad at people judging trash for what it clearly is, nobody cares.
MarkoH01: Thank you for figuring out for me what's trash and what's not - I mean, it is not that this would be subjective in any kind and opinions could matter. If you are not interested in the game - fine, if you don't like the artstyle - fine ... but please stop confusing subjective opinions with actual facts.
I find it interesting that many users demand curation be abolished and then complain "How dare Gog accept this piece of crap?". Sometimes it's the same person making both statements. Like, won't you make up your mind already?

For what it's worth I definitely wouldn't get this game in its current form but if the devs get it right I could see it becoming something entertaining and likable by the end of Early Access. Certainly better than WhaleRock's junk, that's for sure.
neumi5694: Don't add sheep or goats. That would strengthen existing clichés.
No, they should rather save them for a DLC that ties in with Redneck Rampage. Now that would be funny :D
Post edited October 09, 2023 by joppo
So here's a protip for anyone ever interested in NSFW games:

Take a look to see if it has a Patreon. If it does, don't waste your time. It will probably never be released in full as that would mean those sweet, consistent Patreon dollars would go away.

(These people have a Patreon, btw)
ReynardFox: Lewd Pokemon Snap? LMAO.
Intead of Pikachu they have Peek-a-Bewbs...
ReynardFox: Lewd Pokemon Snap? LMAO.
PhilD: Intead of Pikachu they have Peek-a-Bewbs...
Gotta poke-'em-all?
MarkoH01: Thank you for figuring out for me what's trash and what's not - I mean, it is not that this would be subjective in any kind and opinions could matter. If you are not interested in the game - fine, if you don't like the artstyle - fine ... but please stop confusing subjective opinions with actual facts.
joppo: I find it interesting that many users demand curation be abolished and then complain "How dare Gog accept this piece of crap?". Sometimes it's the same person making both statements. Like, won't you make up your mind already?
I don't think that's as self-contradictory as you imply. I'm not sure I agree, but I can certainly see the logic behind it: If you accept that curation isn't working, then it makes sense to get rid of it. It's like keeping a guard dog that won't react to break ins, but will chase away the pizza delivery.
joppo: I find it interesting that many users demand curation be abolished and then complain "How dare Gog accept this piece of crap?". Sometimes it's the same person making both statements. Like, won't you make up your mind already?
Breja: I don't think that's as self-contradictory as you imply. I'm not sure I agree, but I can certainly see the logic behind it: If you accept that curation isn't working, then it makes sense to get rid of it. It's like keeping a guard dog that won't react to break ins, but will chase away the pizza delivery.
I see your point, but I think it all must start from the decision if there should be a curation or not. IF there is value in having curation AND it is not working it should be fixed, not scrapped.

I think being a curator is sort of an ungrateful job. When you're one nobody sees however many pieces of junk you reject, but once you let one pass everybody screams bloody murder on you for not doing your job. It's a task where you're only remembered by your failures, never your successes.

That said, they definitely should do a better job some times. I can only assume someone high up the food chain ordered them to accept WhaleRock crap despite us pointing fraudulent reviews and flipped assets; and the divisive Kagura games must sell enough to be worth the dislike many people express over them (or maybe they have an agreement with Gog where they receive a lesser share of sales? IDK ). But when they reject some games that meet a minimum requirement of quality and public interest (like Opus Magnum) I can't help but think they don't know what they're doing.

Regarding the game of this thread I think they should have just said there is potential for a release here but it's too early in the dev cycle for that and they should submit a new build when the game is more fleshed out, especially in the graphics department.
RoeFox: So here's a protip for anyone ever interested in NSFW games:

Take a look to see if it has a Patreon. If it does, don't waste your time. It will probably never be released in full as that would mean those sweet, consistent Patreon dollars would go away.

That useed to be the case. But since "Being a DIK" they learned.

Now the games get released in "Seasons", so they can sell "complete" games. Also this makes them more money. For a full game one might want to pay 20€ in a sale, but for 3 seasons with each one costing 10€ (and that's a cheap one) he spends more.

Examples for this release scheme are: Lust Academy, Lust Theory, Being A DIK, Tales from the Unending Void, Lust Element.

Other games on GOG are already finished and had a Patreon as well.

And even if now a third season is in production, Lust Theory can be considered complete. The story came to an end. The third season was a strong wish by the community, hopefully they don't f*** it up. Also Summer with Mia gets a second season, which is already in production.

Whatever makes it to GOG must at least have a concept for a full game - or at least a season.
RoeFox: So here's a protip for anyone ever interested in NSFW games:

neumi5694: That useed to be the case. But since "Being a DIK" they learned.

Now the games get released in "Seasons", so they can sell "complete" games. Also this makes them more money. For a full game one might want to pay 20€ in a sale, but for 3 seasons with each one costing 10€ (and that's a cheap one) he spends more.

Examples for this release scheme are: Lust Academy, Lust Theory, Being A DIK, Tales from the Unending Void, Lust Element.

Other games on GOG are already finished and had a Patreon as well.

And even if now a third season is in production, Lust Theory can be considered complete. The story came to an end. The third season was a strong wish by the community, hopefully they don't f*** it up. Also Summer with Mia gets a second season, which is already in production.

Whatever makes it to GOG must at least have a concept for a full game - or at least a season.
Completely agreed.
Also, on Patreon you can pay only once (to download the release) or each month again and again even though you don't get any additional product before it is finished. The fact alone that many people decided to support the devs on a monzhly basis really shows that those WANT to support the devs and therefore won't stop to do so even if a GOG or Steam version has been released as well. Patreon and GOG/Steam can and do exist simultaneously and it is absolutely not a rare case that this happens.
Post edited October 12, 2023 by MarkoH01