It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No Man's Sky – One Year Anniversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of <span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span>
In the past year, the Hello Games team has been hard at work addressing community feedback and rolling out new content to the No Man's Sky experience. We've gotten new game modes and exciting survival mechanics, base building, vehicles, expanded trading and crafting, massive personal freighters and so much more than we could ever list here.

Today marks the <span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span> anniversary, and Hello Games are bringing a slew of new content in the Atlast Rises< update – and a 60% off sale, the best deal there has been so far!

So what's cool about Atlas Rises?
New Story Mode – in a complete overhaul to the original story, you'll set off on a 20-hour journey across the universe and discover Portals, allowing you to travel vast distances extremely quickly.
Improved Trading – plot and optimize your trade routes in the new trading metagame, born thanks to unique socio-economic traits in each star system and an overhauled galactic map.
Missions and New Faction System – procedurally generated missions add a layer of replayability as you earn rewards and respect on your journeys.
Better Biomes – from rare, extreme and abstract biomes, through improved existing biomes, there's a lot more to see on your journey.
More, including improved space combat, terraforming, farming, as well as new ships, a new faction, and more.

One year later, No Man's Sky has grown immensely bigger and richer and content – this is an amazing time to go back, or finally enter its infinite universe.

The anniversary sale will last until August 16, 4 PM UTC.
Well - it seems for me it's finally time to "bite the bullet" and buy the game. I was interested, but always found the price too steep for the game play offered. I think those €23.99 is in fact the price it should be, even without any sales actions.

As I am not interested in any multi player stuff at all, so I do not care at all if it's available on GOG or not. I only care if all SP stuff from the latest update is available in the game, and that seems to be the case.

In fact - I even do not want the game to go on line in any way, so my last question before buying the game would be: 'Can you play the game fully (I don't care about naming of planets from other players), without having any internet connection at all? And if so - can you prevent the game to make any connection if you are connected to the internet?

I think I will buy the game even without answers to those questions, but it would be nice to know.
Post edited August 15, 2017 by JClosed
JClosed: 'Can you play the game fully (I don't care about naming of planets from other players), without having any internet connection at all? And if so - can you prevent the game to make any connection if you are connected to the internet?
Yes, No Man's Sky is fully playable without the need for an internet connection, and it won't try to connect to the internet if you don't allow it.
So... is this a good game now, worth the current asking price?
IFW: So... is this a good game now, worth the current asking price?
In my opinion, yes. It's still not worth the base price, if you ask me, but for 60% off it's a great deal. I think Hello Games should consider a permanent price drop, but that's not likely to happen, what with Sony having stakes in the game, and all...

Do note that this discount only lasts for a couple more hours.
IFW: So... is this a good game now, worth the current asking price?
Bought it for ~23€, played it for a few hours and I´m not disappointed. But be sure to have a good pc. I have to play on lowest settings with AMD FX-6300, 8Gb RAM and GTX-650ti 4Gb. I didn´t expect such a low performance.
I saw a lot of people complaining that their save is glitched out and that Hello Games is somehow forcing them to buy a new copy to try the update. You realize when the game is loading and you can pick the gamemode you can right click to delete your save?
Konrad: Hey everyone,
I can confirm that the ghost multiplayer feature isn't included in our build right now. We're going to keep you updated as the situation clears up.

Really sorry about the confusion here, and thanks a million for bearing with us!
When can we realistically expect this "update on the situation"... just wondering. Hopefully by now someone from GOG is talking to someone from Hello Games.

triankle: I saw a lot of people complaining that their save is glitched out and that Hello Games is somehow forcing them to buy a new copy to try the update. You realize when the game is loading and you can pick the gamemode you can right click to delete your save?
It's always best to start over when a patch releases, as some fixes can only be seen in a new game. It's really important to do so when a very large game update releases that changes a lot. And you are correct that one can easily delete the game save in NMS.
Post edited August 17, 2017 by BKGaming
Magnitus: We need a way to sort reviews by date.

Before buying a game. I look at various sources to determine gamers' opinion of a game and one of those sources are the user reviews on GOG.

Currently, I wanted to see if the updates changed people's perspective on the game (the way it did for Slain), but the reviews are not sorted by date, most of them are from shortly after the release and there are 109 pages of review to sift through!
This would be a really useful feature. I'm tempted to write an in depth one-year-on review for NMS and a couple of other games that had poor launches mitigated by good long term iterative development, but I hesitate because it'd just be buried under a mountain of salt on the last page.
No easy way to Transfer Items Between Suit Cargo and Exosuit Inventories?

Perhaps there could be in the next Patch a way to mass-select goods in Suit and transfer to Cargo or Ship?
Also When @ Terminals the Ability to Sell from All 3?

As the Cargo Compartment is not reconised by the Terminal and there is no way to Transfer Speciffic amounts between Cargo , Suits and Ships/ Either 500 or 0 ?!?

so @hellogames if you are Listening..

1. Ability to Mass Select and transfer Between suit/cargo/ship
2. Grant Terminals and other Lifeforms/objects access to Suit "Cargo" As Well.
3. OT Allow the Vehicles the ability top be steered using ASWD instead of mouse to Steer?

Rant Ended .

Thanks.
Post edited August 18, 2017 by reace
RadonGOG: Well, this sounds like an ambitious update and a good discount, but I don´t think that will be enough to calm peoples minds. A permanent pricedrop and a long-time-patchroad could have done that job...

...personally, I still don´t believe that this game is one I´d enjoy, so I´ll pass for now.
Maybe mod support would help and a completely re-done ending...No scratch that, and actual ending would be great as well as an extreme price drop to a normal indie price point would ease a lot of bad blood that this game fostered!
Thank you for giving us this Universe, and for standing behind it where others would have abandoned it. I can't wait to see what this new update brings to the table.
GOG.com: No Man's Sky – One Year Anniversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of <span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span>
In the past year, the Hello Games team has been hard at work addressing community feedback and rolling out new content to the No Man's Sky experience. We've gotten new game modes and exciting survival mechanics, base building, vehicles, expanded trading and crafting, massive personal freighters and so much more than we could ever list here.

Today marks the <span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span> anniversary, and Hello Games are bringing a slew of new content in the Atlast Rises< update – and a 60% off sale, the best deal there has been so far!

So what's cool about Atlas Rises?
New Story Mode – in a complete overhaul to the original story, you'll set off on a 20-hour journey across the universe and discover Portals, allowing you to travel vast distances extremely quickly.
Improved Trading – plot and optimize your trade routes in the new trading metagame, born thanks to unique socio-economic traits in each star system and an overhauled galactic map.
Missions and New Faction System – procedurally generated missions add a layer of replayability as you earn rewards and respect on your journeys.
Better Biomes – from rare, extreme and abstract biomes, through improved existing biomes, there's a lot more to see on your journey.
More, including improved space combat, terraforming, farming, as well as new ships, a new faction, and more.

One year later, No Man's Sky has grown immensely bigger and richer and content – this is an amazing time to go back, or finally enter its infinite universe.

The anniversary sale will last until August 16, 4 PM UTC.
Rufinoman: Even though I was well impressed with the reveal at E3 in 2015 (?) and almost preordered, I held out after reading the adverse comments on Steam and suchlike, deciding to wait for a sale. Bought it yesterday here on GOG and so far I'm impressed; I like the pace and the mechanics of the game and more than happy with the bargain price!
No crashes or bugs to report and I'm not interested in multiplayer, so perfectly happy to mooch along in SP and will probably still be playing this time next year.
The only thing I miss is that fab music from the trailer.
MaGo72: I am on the fence of buying this game, I am interested, but read about a lot of bugs and performance issues with the new patch.

But the soundtrack that is awesome and in my opinion one of the best ever composed for a game, look no further. This was the first time that I bought a double cd pack just after listening to about 5 minutes of the soundtrack. 65 Days Of Static made a masterpiece if you like Post-Rock.

Trailer Music

https://www.lacedrecords.co/collections/no-mans-sky
Yup, I like post rock so many thanks for the leads :)
MaGo72: I am on the fence of buying this game, I am interested, but read about a lot of bugs and performance issues with the new patch.

But the soundtrack that is awesome and in my opinion one of the best ever composed for a game, look no further. This was the first time that I bought a double cd pack just after listening to about 5 minutes of the soundtrack. 65 Days Of Static made a masterpiece if you like Post-Rock.

Trailer Music

https://www.lacedrecords.co/collections/no-mans-sky
Rufinoman: Yup, I like post rock so many thanks for the leads :)
I just went and bought everything I could find by 65daysofstatic, because I loved this soundtrack so much.
Ok, I'm a bit late to this party, but I've tried searcing for a straight answer to this question, which I could not find so I'm asking it here instead.

Simply .. do I have to repurchase the whole No Man's Sky game to get the Atlas Rises update?

As it is, my game is now updated to 1.38 .. and I have no idea if I have Atlas Rises or not.

I've had some issues with launching the game due to some old Mods, which I've now removed.

Even so, my old save, which had the Mods active does not want to load .. it seems I may have to start the game from scratch which is highly frustrating.
Post edited October 03, 2017 by JennZed
JennZed: Simply .. do I have to repurchase the whole No Man's Sky game to get the Atlas Rises update?

As it is, my game is now updated to 1.38 .. and I have no idea if I have Atlas Rises or not.
Game page says it's included:

https://www.gog.com/game/no_mans_sky

"About: No Man's Sky comes complete with the Foundation, Path Finder and Atlas Rises updates. "

A quick google says Atlas Ricing was the 1.3 patch.

https://www.nomanssky.com/atlas-rises-update/

Page down a couple of times to see it stated.

Hope this helps

edit: And you've edited your post to ask a question. Give me a second.

You may want to ask your question on the dedicated subforum for your game:

https://www.gog.com/forum/no_mans_sky

Are you getting a specific error when you try to load the save? Is it visible? Does it try to load?
Post edited October 03, 2017 by drmike