It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Whether you're drawn to the pulse-pounding action of epic battles, the intricate puzzles of mind-bending adventures, or the emotional depth of rich storytelling, NIS America has published titles that you’ll give you just that.

And today, you can grab their titles discounted up to -80% within the NIS America Publisher Sale. Moreover, the new R-Type Final 2 - B-99 APOCALYPSE R-Craft DLC and R-Type Final 2 Ultimate Edition are now both available in our catalog!

Here are some of the deals you don’t want to miss:

R-Type Final 2 (-50%)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero (-25%)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (-20%)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure (-10%)
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (-40%)
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (-65%)

…and of course more – find them all HERE.

Prepare to be enthralled by the diversity, captivated by the narratives, enchanted by the artistry, and challenged by the gameplay. The NIS America Publisher Sale is here to take you on a journey you'll never forget. The sale lasts until October 16th, 5 PM UTC.
Nothing new from NISA...? I understand this is a separate sale, but c'mon GOG are you really trying to celebrate an anniversary here?
Where is Disgaea , Operation Abyss , Phantom Brave , Langrisser II , Rhapsody , Yomawari (Would be a nice release for Halloween) , Cladun , A rose in the twilight.
$175 AU for R-Type Final 2 Complete. Are you taking the piss NIS?
NISA removed Mexico localizated prices only on GOG, wanted to have all my trails collection here but nisa dont want that
Re: R-Type Final 2, can anyone explain what a stage pass is? The different versions apparently come with them. but nothing in the description explains what they are, and they don't appear in the DLC list either.

-Edit-

After further inspection there are 9 DLC "packs" that appear to add stages, so with 3 stage "packs" I'm guessing it's a collection of DLC 1-3, 4-6, and 7-9. That's my best guess anyways.
Post edited October 02, 2023 by mistycoven
alexandros050: Where is Disgaea , Operation Abyss , Phantom Brave , Langrisser II , Rhapsody , Yomawari (Would be a nice release for Halloween) , Cladun , A rose in the twilight.
*nod* They don't see me on their balance sheet because, to play Disgaea 1 and 2 on my DRMness terms, I had to buy a USED PSP (technically, I just gave my brother fifty bucks for his old PSP 1000), USED copies of Disgaea 1 and 2, and then soft-mod the PSP to dump UMD ISOs so I can run them in PPSSPP.
Post edited October 03, 2023 by ssokolow
alexandros050: Where is Disgaea , Operation Abyss , Phantom Brave , Langrisser II , Rhapsody , Yomawari (Would be a nice release for Halloween) , Cladun , A rose in the twilight.
Mhmmm... For a moment i almost thought there might be something to consider...

Although Vanillaware is unrelated, getting the Dragon's Crown or Odin Sphere would be nice too. And for some of these games i'd be tempted to break my no-buy rule for GoG.
While its awesome that NIS games here are on sale, it's a bit hard to get excited about it without their flagship franchise here. Hopefully soon the Japanese branch of NIS starts letting NISA release NISA release the Disgaea games here, as it's are my favorite SRPG series.
Please tell me that the price for the R-Type Final 2 Ultimate Edition is just a horrible typo that you're going to fix ...
Vainamoinen: Please tell me that the price for the R-Type Final 2 Ultimate Edition is just a horrible typo that you're going to fix ...
While the bundle is very expensive, it's still significantly cheaper on GOG at 122 Euros than on St. Elsewhere, where the regular sales price is 162 Euros. Because it is currently on sale in their shop, it's available for about 63 Euros. I would expect to see a similar price in one of the upcoming big sales like Christmas or (Chinese) New Year.
Vainamoinen: Please tell me that the price for the R-Type Final 2 Ultimate Edition is just a horrible typo that you're going to fix ...
Mori_Yuki: While the bundle is very expensive, it's still significantly cheaper on GOG at 122 Euros than on St. Elsewhere, where the regular sales price is 162 Euros. Because it is currently on sale in their shop, it's available for about 63 Euros. I would expect to see a similar price in one of the upcoming big sales like Christmas or (Chinese) New Year.
Even so, I can buy Spiderman Remastered, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and still have enough left over to buy a third big release for what the R-Type bundle would cost me. It's absolutely mindblowing that they think they can charge that much for something that while a decent enough indie game, can't hold a candle to its vastly superior Irem based predecessors.
GOG.com: NIS America titles discounted up to -80%
83 games on sale.
[hide all owned products]
Still 83 games on sale shown.

I guess, NIS America isn't really selling what I want... ;o)
Mori_Yuki: While the bundle is very expensive, it's still significantly cheaper on GOG at 122 Euros than on St. Elsewhere, where the regular sales price is 162 Euros. Because it is currently on sale in their shop, it's available for about 63 Euros. I would expect to see a similar price in one of the upcoming big sales like Christmas or (Chinese) New Year.
ReynardFox: Even so, I can buy Spiderman Remastered, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and still have enough left over to buy a third big release for what the R-Type bundle would cost me. It's absolutely mindblowing that they think they can charge that much for something that while a decent enough indie game, can't hold a candle to its vastly superior Irem based predecessors.
I agree with you. I would also rather buy 30 games for roughly the same price of Final + DLC. The visuals and sounds of Final, I just don't like them compared to NEC/Irem's original. It's possible that my judgement is influenced by a heavy dosage of nostalgia and my fond memories of the venerable predecessors.
Mori_Yuki: The visuals and sounds of Final, I just don't like them compared to NEC/Irem's original. It's possible that my judgement is influenced by a heavy dosage of nostalgia and my fond memories of the venerable predecessors.
I think it's fair to say that the Irem R-Type games both looked and played objectively better, the tech may be dated now, but the stage design and art direction in R-Type Delta and R-Type Final were far more ambitious, far more dynamic and complex, with the original Final taking a very sweeping, cinematic approach with it's backdrops, both games also very successfully capture the depressing, tragic nature of the R-Type universe and lore. Final 2 just looks and sounds like another indie shooter with an R-Type skin.

I feel a lot of it comes down to the same thing that's afflicted every other once prominant developer who's gone indie: Granzella don't have the ability to deliver a grandiose project on par with the classics because they're just too used to working with AAA studio money and resources, the management and optimization skills to deliver on a relatively small budget just aren't there. There's a reason why most of the highest fidelity indie games come from people who've spent most of their careers as independent or freelance.

I aknowledge that games like Yooka Laylee, Bloodstained and R-Type Final 2 were unlikely to be unable to capture the quality and scope of their AAA predecessors without the time and money needed for them to hit those heights and can enjoy them for being acceptable quality for their respective budget constraints, but the devs (Or in this case, more likely NISA trying to exploit brand recognition) lose me when they think they can charge premium prices for lesser work.
Post edited October 03, 2023 by ReynardFox