It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
LootHunter: Calling someone else's speech 'bigotry' or 'hate speech' is not a criticism, it's just an attempt to silence without actually criticizing. That's especially true on this forum, where mods can erase comments and ban people based on accusation alone.

Also, it's especially funny how people like 4-vektor flip their script when someone criticizes them.
Sachys: Putting bigotry and hate speech in quotes does not give your words any weight, meaning or thought, bigot.
See? Told ya.
low rated
Sachys: Putting bigotry and hate speech in quotes does not give your words any weight, meaning or thought, bigot.
LootHunter: See? Told ya.
But you are a proven bigot.
low rated
LootHunter: See? Told ya.
Sachys: But you are a proven bigot.
No. You literally call me a bigot without any proof. And what is especially funny, moderators won't punish you for this personal attack.
low rated
LootHunter: No. You literally call me a bigot without any proof. And what is especially funny, moderators won't punish you for this personal attack.
Only have search your name.
low rated
LootHunter: Also, it's especially funny how people like 4-vektor flip their script when someone criticizes them.
Citation Needed

Strawmanning doesn’t help your argument.

While we’re at it, here’s a quote where you complain about personal attacks and that person not getting banned, just shortly after you offering someone personal attacks in their pm because otherwise you would be banned.

LootHunter: If you want my actual opinion about you, allow me to send you PMs, because if I post that, I'll be banned.
That’s a textbook example of bigotry.

LootHunter: No. You literally call me a bigot without any proof. And what is especially funny, moderators won't punish you for this personal attack.
There’s your proof.
Post edited June 10, 2021 by 4-vektor
low rated
LootHunter: Also, it's especially funny how people like 4-vektor flip their script when someone criticizes them.
4-vektor: Citation Needed
Here is citation, you asked for:
4-vektor: you offering someone personal attacks in their pm because otherwise you would be banned.
LootHunter: If you want my actual opinion about you, allow me to send you PMs, because if I post that, I'll be banned.
4-vektor: That’s a textbook example of bigotry.
See? You just did what I've told you will do. My criticism (yes, I was offering criticism and said that I have fear of being banned for criticism - because last time I've criticised people who were promoting identity politics I was banned for almost a year) you labelled bigotry instead of sticking to your "no one is above the criticism" from earlier comment.

Just like I said - for people like you it all depends who is criticised and by whom. One way it's "criticism" other way it's "bigotry". That's why I can't criticise neither Canuck_Cat, nor any game in this "collection" without risking to take punishment.
Post edited June 10, 2021 by LootHunter
low rated
my name is capitayn catte: I'm definitely with you on the slightly sinister corporate hijacking, but I feel that some of the opinions expressed in this thread are exactly why LGBTQ++ pride itself is still needed.
Why is it needed/"needed"......because some think thoughts/hold stances/say words that some dislike? If say you think that it should be kept until everyone stops doing such and all/nearly all start thinking alike like some sort of zergling-like hive mind.....sorry, but that's likely never going to happen, as everyone has differing opinions/stances.

(yes, such free thought has some downsides, but i'd rather have variety of thought/stances with all the positives/negatives that come with it than the alternative)

my name is capitayn catte: The people claiming that "they've got their rights already!" are demonstrably mistaken.
So you're saying that I, an actual LGBT, am possibly mistaken?

Most parts of the free world give LGBT the same rights as anyone else, and in a number of cases, special treatment(in the case of companies, things like GOG's LGBT event, LGBT being given preference in new media being made by a number of film/comic/game makers, etc)

my name is capitayn catte: You are of course welcome to your own opinion, but you've not changed my mind.
That's fine....that wasn't the main intent behind my reply anyways.

-

Mori_Yuki: Next sale, different motto, maybe then I will be able to purchase it. Meanwhile my backlog which I deny even exists is long enough as it is. :D
I feel ya on that

*GR eyes own backlog warily*

-

ValentB: So when China hates smth, GOG can just block it for them only?
Then why couldn't Detention be blocked in China only and released for everyone else?
Probably because china would probably choose to block goggers**(current and future) in china from buying on GOG if GOG didn't remove it from the store entirely.

(**those not on v-p-n-s, I mean)
Post edited June 10, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
richlind33: The reason politics sucks is because people suck....
Lol

richlind33: What about famine and pestilence?!?!?!
Those are horseman/horses of the apocalypse, not sins.

-

vsr: Skyrim introduces homosexual marriages and... last, but not least, - child adoption for those same-sex couples! Yay?
Some Fable games(like Fable 2) also have marriages of LGBT or straight characters, and also cheating/divorce mechanics. Yay?!?

vsr: You have a problem with free speech?
From my own experience online/IRL, such types (in general) will usually praise hollow efforts & non efforts companies make that are similar to GOG's LGBT event(like silly rainbow logos), and then troll people making valid criticisms of such.....even LGBT such as myself who don't tow the main stream stance/line on the topic at hand.

As such, and especially when such types come into a thread mainly to troll, I usually pay them little mind(and my advice to others is to think about doing the same).
low rated
LootHunter: ... because last time I've criticised people who were promoting identity politics.

That's why I can't criticise neither Canuck_Cat, nor any game in this "collection" without risking to take punishment.
Again, you're more than welcome to call me out on my bullshit as I do to others. But you aren't supposed to be criticizing people - only their ideas. Legally, when you logged onto the forums, you've agreed to this rule. Again, I suggest refreshing yourself with the rules if you want to avoid getting banned.

By logging into our forums, you are agreeing to the rules listed below and the GOG User Agreement found here.
If you want to open the floodgates of personal attacks, you do realize this will lead to more unproductive discussions where people keep dismissing each other based on one-word labels? In this case, citing "free speech" whenever your ideas get attacked is hyperbolic. It's defined as freedom to say anything you want from retaliation from governments and their enforcement. If someone not affiliated with the government is upset with what you're saying and you're not violating any laws, then your freedom of speech is still preserved.

EDIT: I also don't think others calling you and vr are bigots are justified either. But I'm staying out of that conversation and let you guys resolve it yourselves.

GamezRanker: Why is it needed/"needed"......because some think thoughts/hold stances/say words that some dislike?

Most parts of the free world give LGBT the same rights as anyone else, and in a number of cases, special treatment(in the case of companies, things like GOG's LGBT event, LGBT being given preference in new media being made by a number of film/comic/game makers, etc)
Here's timeline of LGBT rights movement in the US. Correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation, but is it just a coincidence that a series of milestones happened after the first pride event in 1970? Keep in mind that legislation usually lags because the public has to support these new ideas to legitimize the process. You can either go through the background of all these milestones or do a null hypothesis test.

GamezRanker: So you're saying that I, an actual LGBT, am possibly mistaken?
Being a minority doesn't grant anyone any immunity from being wrong. There are mistaken people in all walks of life regardless of their identity.

If you really want to get into the gritty details, we can go over how many American creative works were heterosexual CTD vs those LGBTQ+ CTD, compare it to a recent paper's approximation of LGBTQ+ demographics timeline and see if they're getting over-representation than their own demographics in the American population. I'm sure there are plenty of available sources out there easy to compile.
Post edited June 10, 2021 by Canuck_Cat
low rated
vsr: Skyrim introduces homosexual marriages and... last, but not least, - child adoption for those same-sex couples! Yay?
GamezRanker: Some Fable games(like Fable 2) also have marriages of LGBT or straight characters, and also cheating/divorce mechanics. Yay?!?
Fable series does not allow adoption of children.

By the way, around 30 years ago (1990 <-same year USSR collapsed. Coincidence? I don't think so), World Health Organization decided that homosexualism and lesbianity are not a psychiatric disorder.

But paedophilia now is considered as a psychiatric disorder and a crime.
Maybe LGBTQ+ organization will change that in next 10-20 years. They look very influential with theirs flags on every USA embassy in every country.
low rated
vsr: But paedophilia now is considered as a psychiatric disorder and a crime.
Maybe LGBTQ+ organization will change that in next 10-20 years. They look very influential with theirs flags on every USA embassy in every country.
Pedophilia will always be a disorder and crime going forward. This is the issue with idealists' beliefs from both sides - there exists rhetoric on nightmare scenarios to make their cases stronger without considering the reality of the present and current trends. Do you have any information on a LGBTQ+ community supporting pedophilia?

The recent event last year was a group of pedophiles trying to legitimize themselves by jumping on board with LGBTQ+ by Reuters and USA Today (also known as fraud):

- https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-lgbtq-community-p-acronym-idUSKBN2352J8
- https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/30/fact-check-lgbtq-community-rejects-false-association-pedophiles/5462805002/

And the cited 1994 study in the USA Today article shows only 2/269 child molestation cases in an American regional hospital were done by gay or lesbian molesters whereas 222/269 = 82% were done by heterosexuals. And In Dr. Herek's career of LGBTQ+ research, he hasn't found any scientific research linking homosexual men and pedophiles. Homosexual men are not more likely more than heterosexual men to molest children or to be sexually attracted to children or adolescents from American and Canadian research.

You're more than free to go through all those cited works to disprove his conclusions if you'd like. If there's any other scientific research out there disproving this, please share. If there came a day when LGBTQ+ groups supported pedophilia or if there's a clear link between the two, a great deal of the population would drop them like dead weight. But the data we have today does not suggest a link between the two.
Post edited June 10, 2021 by Canuck_Cat
low rated
The point I made was that LGBT now have the same rights in most first world nations.....and that is the truth......such movements are needed in other nations to some extent, but not the ones where the LGBT movement is currently more well established.

As for isolated incidents and people thinking bad thoughts/saying nasty words....as I said to Catte, that is likely never going away for good, so imo people should do their best to learn to live with it(as others are asked to live with opposing viewpoints/stances they dislike that are held by others).

Canuck_Cat: Being a minority doesn't grant anyone any immunity from being wrong. There are mistaken people in all walks of life regardless of their identity.
Thing is, i'm not the only one....a large chunk of LGBT feel the same way. Of course others(not you, others) not in our group(LGBT in this case) seem to think we don't know best about things that affect our own group & that they do, for some reason.
(like some straights supportive of the LGBT movement presuming to know what's best for LGBT, and some whites over the past few years presuming to know what's best for non whites)

Canuck_Cat: If you really want to get into the gritty details, we can go over how many American creative works were heterosexual CTD vs those LGBTQ+ CTD, compare it to a recent paper's approximation of LGBTQ+ demographics timeline and see if they're getting over-representation than their own demographics in the American population. I'm sure there are plenty of available sources out there easy to compile.
Without looking into it, I can say i'm pretty certain that LGBT have started to become over-represented(when compared to our percentage of the population) in the US in film/games/comics/etc.

Canuck_Cat: Again, you're more than welcome to call me out on my bullshit as I do to others. But you aren't supposed to be criticizing people - only their ideas.
Not to get into this bit between you and that one gogger, but: you can actually criticize people if you're not rude/nasty and don't do it too much.

(though yes....criticizing ideas is the better/more civil route, rather than criticizing people)
low rated
vsr: But paedophilia now is considered as a psychiatric disorder and a crime.
Canuck_Cat: Pedophilia will always be a disorder and crime going forward. This is the issue with idealists' beliefs from both sides - there exists rhetoric on nightmare scenarios to make their cases stronger without considering the reality of the present and current trends. Do you have any information on a LGBTQ+ community supporting pedophilia?
I am not comparing or tying LGBTQ+ members with paedophiles.
I think that soon there will be a "P" letter added in that abbreviation.

Because, you know, men in power will not have to deal with people like Jeffrey Epstein. Everything will be legal and in sight of the Law, will decrease number of crimes towards children, etc. Now, a 5 years old child can make a decision to change his gender, maybe soon it will be allowed for a 10+ years old child to marry an adult man?

These billionaires, who visited Jeffrey Epstein, who visit Cambodia for child sex tourism definitely will lobby it.

For now, here and there appear scandals like in California (USA) in 2020, after which whole internet gets flooded with articles like "Fact check: California bill does not legalize pedophilia".
All those, in my opinion, look like steps in Overton window concept towards full decriminalization of paedophilia and inclusion of "P" (for Pedosexual) to LGBTQ+ abbreviation.
low rated
vsr: Fable series does not allow adoption of children.
I know....which is why I said marriage and didn't say adoption. ;)

vsr: By the way, around 30 years ago, World Health Organization decided that homosexualism and lesbianity are not a psychiatric disorder.
Actually, the prevailing evidence shows many humans are naturally bi/bi curious, so being bi/bi curious is quite possibly natural for humans.
low rated
GamezRanker: So you're saying that I, an actual LGBT, am possibly mistaken?
Right. Not a weird dog-whistley way to phrase it at all.