It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
ValentB: So when China hates smth, GOG can just block it for them only?
Then why couldn't Detention be blocked in China only and released for everyone else?
GamezRanker: Probably because china would probably choose to block goggers**(current and future) in china from buying on GOG if GOG didn't remove it from the store entirely.
I wish China PR would block GOGers and Steamers because GOG nad Steam have [modded] "pride" sales. So Steam and GOG wouldn't be putting this [modded].

On the other hand - a comfy handy list of games to ignore.

Modded by Frambooos. Please refrain from using insulting language.
Post edited June 11, 2021 by Frambooos
low rated
Sachys: Right. Not a weird dog-whistley way to phrase it at all.

You seem to have gotten lost....this link should get you back to where you were likely trying to be:

Twitter.com
Post edited June 10, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
Canuck_Cat: Do you have any information on a LGBTQ+ community supporting pedophilia?
Although, since you asked, i remember this case:
Adopted Boy Sexually Abused By Gay Fathers

I don't think they had a political agenda towards decriminalization of paedophilia though.

Also, there is this case:
Depraved gay paedophile couple who adopted a boy and shared him with a child sex ring for SIX YEARS were trying to buy a second child to abuse when they were arrested

Pretty sure there are a lot of other known and unknown cases.
Time will pass and theirs victims will have a say.
Post edited June 10, 2021 by vsr
low rated
vsr: I think that soon there will be a "P" letter added in that abbreviation.
For Pansexual, correct?

(Also, it's an acronym, not an abbreviation.)
low rated
dtgreene: For Pansexual, correct?
Musing: at this point, what with new letters being proposed or added every so often, it should just be changed from LGBTQ+ to e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. That would be the most inclusive and tolerant, after all.

Of course then, there likely wouldn't be much of a need(at least not in most of the first world) for such things....if everyone were included and all....so i'm guessing it'll never come that far(and that to me is sad....because imo the world could use more things connecting and joining every one of us, rather than more things dividing us into various little boxes and categories).

And if so, I then have to ask: it's not very tolerant and inclusive, now is it?
Post edited June 11, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
GamezRanker: The point I made was that LGBT now have the same rights in most first world nations.....and that is the truth......such movements are needed in other nations to some extent, but not the ones where the LGBT movement is currently more well established.
Same rights doesn't mean necessarily equate to instantaneous public acceptance; there will always be remnants of opposition in every law and romanticization of outdated ideals by future generations. This month can have different meanings for different groups. Yes, for you an American LGBT and disregarding all those aforementioned tragedies with respect to American LGBTQ+ youth, this is no big deal and can be seen as corporate pandering or some lib-left groups thinking they know better than others. For others in countries with oppressive laws, it's a constant annual reminder of an endless fight for respect.

As for isolated incidents and people thinking bad thoughts/saying nasty words....as I said to Catte, that is likely never going away for good, so imo people should do their best to learn to live with it(as others are asked to live with opposing viewpoints/stances they dislike that are held by others).
Yes, I agree and this is exactly the minimum of what I'm advocating for that some commenters were already recipient to. You don't have to like the LGBTQ+ community nor endorse their activities - human respect is all they're asking for. I was, and still am, always consistent with this messaging throughout this thread. I believe most commenters here are open to this idea except for the very few people in here with hatred based on misinformation or irrational hatred for some.

Thing is, i'm not the only one....a large chunk of LGBT feel the same way. Of course others(not you, others) not in our group(LGBT in this case) seem to think we don't know best about things that affect our own group & that they do, for some reason.

(like some straights supportive of the LGBT movement presuming to know what's best for LGBT, and some whites over the past few years presuming to know what's best for non whites)
I no doubt acknowledge there are LGBTQ+ people who feel the exact same way as you. However, I'd like to see some actual data on "large chunks". A sample size of dozen and less don't mean much. Randomized, accurate sample sizes in the hundreds, thousands, or millions do. If the LGBTQ+ community and its spokespeople no longer feel it's necessary to maintain a month anymore, I'm all for replacing it with another one. Plenty of other issues that need a spotlight on them.

Without looking into it, I can say i'm pretty certain that LGBT have started to become over-represented(when compared to our percentage of the population) in the US in film/games/comics/etc.
CTD:
US movies with LGBT main or side characters in feature films: 269 - 3 (notes) - 1 (2021) = 265
First US movie: Dracula's Daughter (1936)
Feature films produced in the US in 1936-2020: 82,978
LGBTQ+ in US feature films CTD: 265/82,978 = 0.32%

2010-2014:
US movies with LGBT main or side characters in feature films: 40
Feature films produced in the US in 2010-2014: 15,465
LGBTQ+ in US feature films in 2010-2014: 40/15,465 = 0.26%

2015-2019:
US movies with LGBT main or side characters in feature films: 65
Feature films produced in the US in 2015-2019: 18,360
LGBTQ+ in US feature films in 2015-2019: 65/15,465 = 0.42%

LGBT poulation in the US: 3.5-4.5% (2012-2017, n=340,000)

Does this list include all LGBTQ+ people? Probably not, but that's the best I can find. You could probably get more insights with greater breakdown by genres. But I'll leave that up to you along with finding different sources that prove otherwise.

Not to get into this bit between you and that one gogger, but: you can actually criticize people if you're not rude/nasty and don't do it too much.
If that's part of the unwritten rules, they can go for it. But then I can also do the same and I'd rather not.

vsr: snip
Thank you for the examples. A bit of a tangent considering LGBTQ+ community has publicly denounced pedophilia, so I don't see how these two events have anything to do with the LGBTQ+ community as whole. And this looks to be the work of independent bad actors.

The only paper I could find that links homosexuality to child molestation was this one where some Coloradan authors of a 1996 dataset found 29% of adults surveyed with homosexual parents had physical sexual relations with their parents called out a Kansas' meta-analysis study. However, in response, the Kansas authors critiqued the findings and limitations of the findings. Significantly, the points being that the 1996 data didn't differentiate between having two same-sex parents (i.e., it was only one), the sample size was only 17, which was insignificant to draw any meaning from, and other flaws. They welcomed the Coloradoan authors to respond and to date haven't responded through citations.

Meanwhile, if you're looking for something more compiled and digestible for a layperson, I suggest this article. In summary, there is no significant difference in adult profiles of children raised by two same-sex parents than those raised by two biological-parent families in separate findings and in meta-analyses.

But yes, time will tell.
Post edited June 11, 2021 by Canuck_Cat
low rated

(Also, it's an acronym, not an abbreviation.)
vsr: No, for Pedosexual.
There's an M for MAPs (Minor Attracted Persons). I'm thinking it's a bad idea to include them in LGBTQ+ because it's one of those no coexistence possible things so it could very well doom the movement. There are many in LGBTQ+ resistant to the idea of including MAPs for that reason, doesn't prevent pedophiles from trying to worm their way in.

As for this list of games - probably would've made more sense to do it as a banner during the summer sale so those games are actually on sale rather than the beginning of the month with no sale at all.
Post edited June 11, 2021 by tremere110
low rated
[modded]

What's the point for me calling you out for BS like "You're born with an identity... You're free to choose your identities" or for misconstruing vsr's statement about LGBTQ+/- community protecting pedophiles (you several times claimed that he meant that homosexuality and pedophilia linked, instead)? Not only you ignore what I write (and apparently ignore other people too), so there will be no effect, but also I risk being banned again for nothing.

GamezRanker: Musing: at this point, what with new letters being proposed or added every so often, it should just be changed from LGBTQ+ to e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e.
Too bad, it will never be that way. It will be at least e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. - straight people. Actually, that's why I often write LGBTQ+/-, to denote all those sexualities that are included and excluded.

[modded: moderation should be discussed with the moderation team directly, not publicly on the forum - ponczo_]
Post edited June 11, 2021 by ponczo_
low rated
Canuck_Cat: Same rights doesn't mean necessarily equate to instantaneous public acceptance;
Or ever. That's not me demeaning anyone. It's just a fact of life. People are going to detest and even hate other people. Sometimes if it's worth it to you and you think they have a point, you can make some changes and improve that situation. Sometimes even if you'd like to it's not going to happen. People are going to hate someone because they're hair is wrong or it's Tuesday or whatever. I think people need to pick their battles (here in America, the rest of the world can vary). Fight for rights if there are real rights guaranteed to the rest of society by the government but not you. I think acceptance is a pipe dream like world peace.

What you can do though is go have a great life. Fill it with people places and things you care about. As long as they're not denying you governmental rights, screwed. You get a couple decades before we all end up nailed in a pine box. I'm not LGBT but I do love whatever organization it is that started the whole "It gets better" slogan. If you had hard times growing up forget acceptance. Go make the next chapters of your life so good the first few don't even matter anymore.
low rated
Canuck_Cat: How can I ignore something when I had no prior knowledge about
LootHunter: You have knowledge now. From me. And still ignoring it.
This must be the third or fourth time we're having the same conversation.

Look, I'm sorry about your examples. But you're better served directing these to a mod because disputing moderation publicly isn't allowed. I've already advocated for your opinion to share here for any mods following this thread closely. And I'm not going to compromise my privacy by opening my chats. It's out of my hands.

There are non-intellectual quips and zingers from both sides still present in this thread that are inaccurate and/or dismissive. I'm also not colluding with the mods as the only interaction I've had with staff is for non-forum related issues like crashing and refunds. Just because my ideas may coincide with theirs doesn't necessarily mean favouritism. Again, I follow the rules and make sure my submissions are high quality before I submit to ensure factual quality.

What's the point for me calling you out for BS like "You're born with an identity... You're free to choose your identities"
You're born a name, gender, and generation label, etc. everything that goes on a birth certificate. You can change your name if you don't like it later, you can change your profession, you can leave your hometown to live and work in a different region or even country, and you can join different social groups and obtain different rankings in them so long as you pass the applicable obstacles. These are all examples of being born with an identity and exercising your freedom to choose them. And this was in the context of sexual identity for a pride month compared to racial or religious pride months in response to Shadowstalker16.

or for misconstruing vsr's statement about LGBTQ+/- community protecting pedophiles (you several times claimed that he meant that homosexuality and pedophilia linked, instead)? Not only you ignore what I write (and apparently ignore other people too), so there will be no effect, but also I risk being banned again for nothing.
Re-read vsr's statements again:

vsr: But paedophilia now is considered as a psychiatric disorder and a crime.
Maybe LGBTQ+ organization will change that in next 10-20 years. They look very influential with theirs flags on every USA embassy in every country.
vsr: All those, in my opinion, look like steps in Overton window concept towards full decriminalization of paedophilia and inclusion of "P" (for Pedosexual) to LGBTQ+ abbreviation.
So in vsr's opinion, his/her thinking is the LGBTQ+ movement will somehow decriminialize pedophilia or will be part of the LGBTQ+ tent, which I've shown is incorrect twofold. First, through the two cited articles based on their allegations of this P[edosexual] being part of a misinformation campaign and second, a biological study that generic homosexual men don't get aroused by children to disprove any link between homosexuality and pedophilia or why one group would support the other. Because I've proved it twofold, there's no one who can say "well, what if they're just lying so they can get people to open up to pedophilia?" can see that homosexual people do not directly benefit in housing pedophiles in their organizations.

Mplath1: snip
This is an excellent philosophy. Life is too short to be arguing about this stuff on a games forum and I won't be bothering with replies anymore. I hope at least one open-minded person considered the dialogue here and came out of this with something productive for them - right, left, centre, or anything else in between.
Post edited June 11, 2021 by Canuck_Cat
low rated
[modded]

Canuck_Cat: Again, I follow the rules and make sure my submissions are high quality before I submit to ensure factual quality.
Oh, really? So, what was about that video with a guy smashing monitor sketch? Are you deny that this is an attack on all people, who don't support feminist activity, implying that everyone who doesn't praise women are shattering their hopes and dreams?

what about this:

Fully read the rules, cross-check them (especially misinformation)
Why have you mentioned misinformation specifically, unless you wanted to insinuate something about me lying?
==========================================================================

You're born a name, gender, and generation label, etc. everything that goes on a birth certificate.
No, I am not. If my parents haven't decided on a name, I'm born without one. People can be born without birth certificate entirely. ID and other documents are just records of your characteristics and labels assigned to you. They don't define who you are. Unless of course you believe otherwise and that belief is what puts all "Identity politics" in the same category as religion.

Canuck_Cat: Re-read vsr's statements again:

vsr: But paedophilia now is considered as a psychiatric disorder and a crime.
Maybe LGBTQ+ organization will change that in next 10-20 years. They look very influential with theirs flags on every USA embassy in every country.
Canuck_Cat:
vsr: All those, in my opinion, look like steps in Overton window concept towards full decriminalization of paedophilia and inclusion of "P" (for Pedosexual) to LGBTQ+ abbreviation.
Canuck_Cat: So in vsr's opinion, his/her thinking is the LGBTQ+ movement will somehow decriminialize pedophilia or will be part of the LGBTQ+ tent, which I've shown is incorrect twofold. First, through the two cited articles based on their allegations of this P[edosexual] being part of a misinformation campaign and second, a biological study that generic homosexual men don't get aroused by children to disprove any link between homosexuality and pedophilia
Second point (question if there is a link between homosexuality and pedophilia) has nothing to do with vsr's claim. And the first one your "fact check" articles only prove that LGBTQ+- community doesn't officially support pedophilia today. It doesn't prove that said community doesn't work towards that goal by, for example, introducing minors to kink and nudity during Pride Parades, thus grooming them into not being mindful of adults' sexual behavior towards them. In fact, there is quite telling picture about that, but as I've said several times, I would be banned for posting such content - google "pride parade child dog mask" yourself, I'm sure you'll recognize the picture when you see it.

[modded: moderation should be discussed with the moderation team directly; we are open for feedback - ponczo_]
Post edited June 11, 2021 by ponczo_
low rated
LootHunter: Too bad, it will never be that way. It will be at least e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. - straight people.
Those are similar to my own feelings as well....and would likely be done in part so those benefitting from it(corporations/etc) could continue to do so for a long time to come.

Because once everyone is accepted into it and all humans are brothers/sisters, then there is little(or even no) need for it anymore, and of course little/no more profit to be had by companies doing things like changing logos or making LGBT sales.

=-=-=-= (song link in Post 85 in the above link....warning: slightly NSFW lyrics)
(note: I am not talking about the companies that actually do things worth a dang to help various causes such as LGBT)
Post edited June 11, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
Poland has lgbt-free zones, yet GOG is pulling this disappointment. Maybe Polish government should look into GOG breaking Polish laws?
low rated
VBProject: Poland has lgbt-free zones, yet GOG is pulling this disappointment. Maybe Polish government should look into GOG breaking Polish laws?
But same-sex activities are legal since the 30s in Poland.
low rated
VBProject: Poland has lgbt-free zones, yet GOG is pulling this disappointment. Maybe Polish government should look into GOG breaking Polish laws?
You do realize those zones have no actual meaning when it comes to law? It's just bigotry.