It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As of today, Adyen, the leading European fintech focused on payment services, joins forces with GOG as one of our main payment operators. Adyen will support us for all the default card payments in the GOG.COM store ensuring that your experience is intuitive and fluid.

With these changes, all card transactions will run faster and smoother while staying as safe as ever. If you are using the stored card data while shopping on GOG.COM, you don’t have to do anything - they are still there and remain out of anyone’s reach, including ours.

In case of any questions regarding the card payments, please contact our support team.
GOG, your awesome new payment system is not working. I can't buy anything.
low rated
mattymuc: GOG, your awesome new payment system is not working. I can't buy anything.
Hmm, maybe it takes time for them to iron out the bugs and switch everything over??? :\

Regardless, this still sucks for those it affects and I hope GOG and the new processor get it sorted soon.

------------

Also: (The above is a joke based on a thread I saw on GOG, which I linked here now)
joppo: DId your last purchase go anywhere? I am trying to buy something from this wednesday promo and I am experiencing the never-ending swirl of a stuck transaction too :(
Yes, it was processed normally after that
joppo: I am trying to buy something from this wednesday promo and I am experiencing the never-ending swirl of a stuck transaction too :(
Same here, I'm trying to buy Agent A (with CC) and all I get is the endlessly circling circle...
mattymuc: GOG, your awesome new payment system is not working. I can't buy anything.
I had the same problem. IT WAS HARD to actually purchase something. What happened was that I was using the payment system, but the purchase now green button wouldn't let me click on it.

I got around it by tabbing around the page and then tabbing on the payment options until I got the green button highlighted and then hit enter. It finally went through that way, but it would not allow me to click on it with a mouse or otherwise. I had to tab to it and then hope I had the right place on the button with tabbing to it and then hit enter for it to even get anywhere.

This is in Google Chrome (so, didn't even try it with FireFox, Safari, or Opera).

Not that anyone is actually paying attention to this thread, but if they are hopefully that gives them some information to work with and get the payment options working better (it can't be a good thing for business when people cannot actually purchase things).
high rated
joppo: I am trying to buy something from this wednesday promo and I am experiencing the never-ending swirl of a stuck transaction too :(
toxicTom: Same here, I'm trying to buy Agent A (with CC) and all I get is the endlessly circling circle...
Got it. And it was entirely or mostly my fault, I suppose.

Turns out that I use NoScript in my browser and I forgot to check if there is a new entry to unblock for Adyen. There is one.

I unblocked checkoutshopper-live.adyen.com and things went smoothly right away.

May this post serve as a warning for you and everyone that maybe their script blockers are the reason for the lock.
Post edited July 09, 2020 by joppo
OK, made my first purchase using the new operator. My main annoyances:

- The old card payment interface was on by default (no need to press a radio button first, but that may be remembered in the future, I guess, so one-time annoyance).

- My main gripe: having to add adyen.com to my list of trusted Javascript sites; otherwise the card info is just a spinning circle.

- My name is no longer relevant to the card info. I thought that was some sort of extra security info, like the pointless mailing address required by some others. I guess that since the payment seems to have gone through, it doesn't really matter.
low rated
darktjm: OK, made my first purchase using the new operator. My main annoyances:
One of mine is having to enter the CCV number for my card EACH TIME....before I entered it once and didn't need to re-enter it for some time when using the same browser.
joppo: Got it. And it was entirely or mostly my fault, I suppose.

Turns out that I use NoScript in my browser and I forgot to check if there is a new entry to unblock for Adyen. There is one.

I unblocked checkoutshopper-live.adyen.com and things went smoothly right away.

May this post serve as a warning for you and everyone that maybe their script blockers are the reason for the lock.
I found out this morning... "new fintech" was slowly ringing a bell :-)
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that every time I would use my card to buy GOG games my card details would be stolen and mysterious charges would start appearing on my card.

Over the past few years, I've had to replace my card quite a bit. One stretch of a couple years was because I didn't buy anything from GOG. The instant I used my card, a week or so later, again mysterious charges on my card.

It got to the point I simply used Paypal for GOG only and then it stopped.
randomengine: I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that every time I would use my card to buy GOG games my card details would be stolen and mysterious charges would start appearing on my card.

Over the past few years, I've had to replace my card quite a bit. One stretch of a couple years was because I didn't buy anything from GOG. The instant I used my card, a week or so later, again mysterious charges on my card.

It got to the point I simply used Paypal for GOG only and then it stopped.
I don't think it has anything to do with GOG payments operators.
I'm afraid it sounds more like you downloaded something iffy, and had a man-in-the-middle software intercepting your transaction details.
Do some virus extermination and use a VPN would be my tips.