It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not in but thanks for yet another round - here are two screenshots of the charming leader of the Flesh Eaters from Ringworld Revenge of the Patriarch.
Attachments:
nicetalk.jpg (48 Kb)
ZeroDrm: Time to apply myself, thank you Moon!
EDIT: Is there a file size limit? (2MB GOG size?)
And is it okay if Witcher medallion is showing in the photo? Only mod I found removes everything except for that and the status bars connected to it.
Like Crackpot already said, it is fine if you upload the image somewhere else and post the link here, if the size limit is a problem.
And btw, the size limit for attachements overall is 2MB, but files itself must be smaller than 500kb.
And well, you could always just crop the screenshot to get rid of the medaillion or not?
ZeroDrm: EDIT: Is there a file size limit? (2MB GOG size?)
In case your image is too big to be uploaded directly to the forum by using the "Attach" button (500kb limit per picture) and you don't want to use a random image upload service, check out this guide about image resizing. Forgive me if you already know about all that, i don't mean to offend you. ;)

ZeroDrm: And is it okay if Witcher medallion is showing in the photo? Only mod I found removes everything except for that and the status bars connected to it.
If it's okay with the rules, just upload your screenshot and i'll do my best to remove that medallion/bars/whatever from it for you. No hidden charges. 'Tis a promise. :)
@Crack Thank you!

@Moon I think croping it will ruin the shot. Not trying to make it seem like a master shot though!

@Vythonaut The first few screenshots I took the image size came out at around 16MB (bmp). I then change it to jpg which became 3.64mb.
As for your offer I would like to accept it if it doesn't go against rules. Thanks!

The screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/LW0E2GH.jpg

I waited 1h before dawn (in-game) for sun to come out and shine through but that did not happen. Even til noon.
Note that in W1 you can only go into shallow waters (edges), and you can't look upwards with low isometric mode which is only mode where character model can be hidden. Still I think the screenshot does justice to the artwork of the game. I will be posting another shot, which most likely will become my #1 pick for this contest. It will be shot of something that made me stop game progression to watch and listen to a "beautiful" scene. Look forward to that one :)

EDIT: Dismiss the shot and description above (no npc). I'll be looking towards one that will have it.
Post edited October 11, 2016 by ZeroDrm
ZeroDrm: @Vythonaut The first few screenshots I took the image size came out at around 16MB (bmp). I then change it to jpg which became 3.64mb.
As for your offer I would like to accept it if it doesn't go against rules. Thanks!
I'll be happy to help you, if Moon gives the OK to proceed. We can then talk about how you can repay me (bank account, paypal etc.). And as i said, no hidden charges! :P Just kiddin'.

ZeroDrm: EDIT: Dismiss the shot and description above (no npc). I'll be looking towards one that will have it.
By the way, i just saw the screenshot you've uploaded; don't bother with the medallion/bars, they're easily removable (without cropping the picture) and you won't even know there was something up there. Just take a screenshot with your favourite NPC and leave the rest to me. ;)
Vythonaut: By the way, i just saw the screenshot you've uploaded; don't bother with the medallion/bars, they're easily removable (without cropping the picture) and you won't even know there was something up there. Just take a screenshot with your favourite NPC and leave the rest to me. ;)
Thanks once more for being an awesome lad. I won't need removal of any HUDs though as the game I took latest shot from is photo friendly.
How do you remove medallion?

I'm in with this:
https://i.imgur.com/1Exyk0h.jpg

Metro Last Light: A scene where a adorable girl talks to her father about being hungry, fish and her mother. Quite captivating scene. The npcs are located at Venice, on dock, shortly after you arrive there.
Post edited October 12, 2016 by ZeroDrm
ZeroDrm: Thanks once more for being an awesome lad. I won't need removal of any HUDs though as the game I took latest shot from is photo friendly.
How do you remove medallion?
You're welcome! To remove unwanted stuff from a photo I use & the [url=http://registry.gimp.org/node/27986]Resynthesizer plugin, but you can do the same thing by using Photoshop too. In fact it's very basic stuff and very easy to learn to do by yourself. If you're interested, there are lots of tutorials around the web. ;)
Post edited October 13, 2016 by Vythonaut
Vythonaut: You're welcome! To remove unwanted stuff from a photo I use & the [url=http://registry.gimp.org/node/27986n]http://registry.gimp.org/node/27986n, but you can do the same thing by using Photoshop too. In fact it's very basic stuff and very easy to learn to do by yourself. If you're interested, there are lots of tutorials around the web. ;)
I've used GIMP a little but woudn't removing the medallion leave a hole in the picture? Or is it possible to remove medallion and maintain the part of overall picture behind it?
Meanwhile, I've got a picture of John "CLOSE RANGE?!" Bradford.
Not sure why I like him. Maybe because of that one time he put a gun to an employee's head and yelled at him. Also, that green sweater. I want one.
Still not in, btw.

(Side note, I'm guessing GIMP has a clone tool, just like PhotoShop? Not that I'm good with that, but that's what I'd use for concealing certain small parts of an image.)
Attachments:
Not in, but probably the companion robot in Portal 1 & 2. Or GlaDos. Both hilarious.

(Hi moon!)
ZeroDrm: I've used GIMP a little but woudn't removing the medallion leave a hole in the picture? Or is it possible to remove medallion and maintain the part of overall picture behind it?
Yes, it will leave a hole if we just select something and press delete. Since we don't want that to happen, we will use a great plugin called "Resynthesizer", which is basically a collection of various plugins that do seemingly unrelated things, but all based on one powerful algorithm. What we need for the job, is the Heal Selection option found in Filters -> Enhance -> Heal Selection.

The procedure is fairly simple: Select the stuff you want to remove from a picture, click on Heal Selection and press OK. That's it!

If you get any weird artifacts in the newly created background where once was the stuff you didn't like, then either repeat the process but this time make a slightly different selection of the stuff you want to remove (eg. select not only the item for removal but also some of it's surroundings, to help the algorithm work more efficiently) or just select whatever artifacts were created by the plugin and just use Heal Selection again. Of course, before pressing the OK button in the Heal Selection menu, you can play with the sliders and see if you can achieve a better result.

Hope that helps. :)
Crackpot.756: (Side note, I'm guessing GIMP has a clone tool, just like PhotoShop? Not that I'm good with that, but that's what I'd use for concealing certain small parts of an image.)
It does, but i think isn't as easy and fast as the Heal Selection option of the Resynthesizer plugin.
Attachments:
before.jpg (171 Kb)
after.jpg (126 Kb)
Post edited October 13, 2016 by Vythonaut
bler144: Not in, but probably the companion robot in Portal 1 & 2. Or GlaDos. Both hilarious.
(Hi moon!)
Hey ;-)
You know, you could still post pictures even if you are not in :P
But I agree those are quite fun.
I'm in. +1 for the giveaway!

My favorite NPC would probably be Chloe Price from Life Is Strange.

I really like her character and attitude and I find her to be one of the most real and connectible characters I've ever seen in a video game.
Attachments:
Post edited July 20, 2017 by GandalftheCool
bler144: Not in, but probably the companion robot in Portal 1 & 2. Or GlaDos. Both hilarious.
(Hi moon!)
moonshineshadow: Hey ;-)
You know, you could still post pictures even if you are not in :P
But I agree those are quite fun.
If it were "write a sonnet/limerick/haiku" I'd be in, but I don't draw or really do anything with images. :)

+1 for the great GA and your abundant generosity :)

Lucius_Malfoy: My favorite NPC would probably be Chloe Price from Life is Strange.

I really like her character and attitude and I find her to be one of the most real and connectible characters I've ever seen in a video game.
Life is strange is the other game that I thought about - I've still only played chapter 1 though and wasn't clear who was really going to emerge as the strongest NPCs as the game progresses. (No spoilers, please :) )

But I really loved that chapter and am waiting for the game to go on sale. Hopefully fall or holiday sales coming up!
Post edited October 14, 2016 by bler144
Lucius_Malfoy: My favorite NPC would probably be Chloe Price from Life is Strange.

bler144: Life is strange is the other game that I thought about - I've still only played chapter 1 though and wasn't clear who was really going to emerge as the strongest NPCs as the game progresses. (No spoilers, please :) )

But I really loved that chapter and am waiting for the game to go on sale. Hopefully fall or holiday sales coming up!
Great game indeed. :)
Post edited November 09, 2016 by Lucius_Malfoy