It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do you love to scratch your head and come up with ingenious solutions? That’s great because this Midweek Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to puzzling DRM-free games up to 90% off. Here are some of them:

Anna's Quest (-90%) is a hand-drawn adventure game filled with humor and dangerous monsters. Help Anna as she uses her telekinetic and improvisation skills to solve some mind-bending puzzles.

Lost Horizon Double Pack (-75%) consists of two adventure, point-and-click games set in the times when the map of the world was still full of mysteries and blank spaces.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (-75%) is an interesting take on the legendary detective's story. It gives you great freedom of action that allows you to conduct your investigations in the manner you deem appropriate.

This Midweek Sale on GOG.COM will end on 11th July 2020, 1 PM UTC.
Panaias: Also, is Agent A good? I think its discount matches the historical best too.
I can recommend it. It is short, but good, and definitely worth the price. Gameplay-wise it is like a mixture of point-and-click adventure, hidden object game and room escape.
Ghorin: You can use
https://www.gog.com/api/news?language_code=en&limit=10&page_token=0
for similar output without the need to poll. 'limit' in the URL is how many are displayed, 'page_token' is the page number (of 'limit' entries). Eg. limit=10 page_token=20 would display entries 201-210. There's over 4.2k news entries available as of now.
Thanks for the URL! With all the information being there it's even less understandable why they limit the RSS feed to 8 entries only.
Robette: Every time I see this, I'm tempted to buy Armikrog. Did it ever improve at all after the initially terrible reviews, or is it still a broken mess?
Panaias: Same question here, it would be nice if someone could clarify that. Those reviews are surely discouraging.

Also, is Agent A good? I think its discount matches the historical best too.
I decided to just buy Armikrog. I played about 1 1/2 hours and didn't encounter any bugs so far. There are some minor, awkward design decisions, like putting the save menue under options. The puzzles are ok, overall a bit on the easier side so far. Once I looked something up, because I overlooked a clickable area, once because I hate sound based puzzles. :p

Overall, I find it enjoyable as something to play a bit more casually, however, I never played the predecessor, so I had no particular expectations about this.
Post edited July 10, 2020 by Robette
Lady-Jaye: ...
I purchased Agent A last time it was on sale and couldn't stop playing, an excellent point and click puzzle. It's a short game, but I found it a good value for the price; More so because I played the game through a second time to get 100% completion. I found the puzzles to be logical and only once did I become stumped, not knowing what to do, because I visually mistook and object as something else and didn't think to interact with it.

The voice acting and overall aesthetic of the game are very well done and charming, fitting the theme very well. My only complaint was that in chapters 4 and 5 I found I was doing a lot of back tracking that didn't feel necessary. Still, this minor complaint isn't enough to prevent me from recommending this game to anyone who enjoys puzzle games.
Panaias: Thanks for the input, much appreciated!
Dohi64: ...
it's not a historical low, the devs shamelessly doubled the price earlier this year, though it wasn't available on gog before that, so it's the lowest it's been on gog...
Panaias: Yes you are right, what I meant was lowest price on GOG.
MarkoH01: ...
I just played it 30 minutes or soof Armikrog and did not experience any problems. It really is cheap right now and if you should experience major problems wou will always have the refund opportunity as well.
Panaias: That's a good idea for sure, but I won't be able to play it before the refund grace period expires. I guess I'll wait for another sale, but thanks for the input anyway. If you play it to the end I would be interested in your opinion, gameplay- and problem-wise.
Just finished Armikrog and I have to say that I enjoyed the experience even though it was with approx. 5 hours quite short. I did not experience any major bug - the only bugs I experienced were some missing (German) subtitles and one subtitle that isshown after the short monologue already has passed. However nothing game breaking. It does not matter much that this one subtitle is shown far too late since it's basically just one sentence and so the hint included can still be used. The lines in which subtitles were missing completely weren't even useful at all. These were some cryptic hints that never were helpful for me at all. Other than those few and really minor subtitle issues I did not experience any problem at all.

Regarding the gameplay: Some of the puzzles are repeating in different variants but I still enjoyed it. The story is nice too and the artstyle is amazing imo - really well done.
Robette: Overall, I find it enjoyable as something to play a bit more casually, however, I never played the predecessor, so I had no particular expectations about this.
There is a predecessor to Armikrog? Or did you mean the Eartworm Jim platformer (which afaik has nothing to do with this one).
MarkoH01: There is a predecessor to Armikrog? Or did you mean the Eartworm Jim platformer (which afaik has nothing to do with this one).
They are most likely referring to The Neverhood, since Armikrog is this game's spiritual successor.
Post edited July 18, 2020 by Wurzelkraft