It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do you love to scratch your head and come up with ingenious solutions? That’s great because this Midweek Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to puzzling DRM-free games up to 90% off. Here are some of them:

Anna's Quest (-90%) is a hand-drawn adventure game filled with humor and dangerous monsters. Help Anna as she uses her telekinetic and improvisation skills to solve some mind-bending puzzles.

Lost Horizon Double Pack (-75%) consists of two adventure, point-and-click games set in the times when the map of the world was still full of mysteries and blank spaces.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (-75%) is an interesting take on the legendary detective's story. It gives you great freedom of action that allows you to conduct your investigations in the manner you deem appropriate.

This Midweek Sale on GOG.COM will end on 11th July 2020, 1 PM UTC.
Every time I see this, I'm tempted to buy Armikrog. Did it ever improve at all after the initially terrible reviews, or is it still a broken mess?
Robette: Every time I see this, I'm tempted to buy Armikrog. Did it ever improve at all after the initially terrible reviews, or is it still a broken mess?
Same question here, it would be nice if someone could clarify that. Those reviews are surely discouraging.

Also, is Agent A good? I think its discount matches the historical best too.
Post edited July 08, 2020 by Panaias
Robette: Every time I see this, I'm tempted to buy Armikrog. Did it ever improve at all after the initially terrible reviews, or is it still a broken mess?
I've never played the game, so I can't answer directly.
However, you may want to check the steam reviews (using the search filters to exclude the first year or two of release) to see if your concerns are addressed.

As the game isn't on the second class citizen list, you can probably assume that GOG picked up any fixes that the Steam version has.

That being said, there is a single GOG review in the last six months that is rather punishing. Its a verified owner review from a month ago, and I don't think the game has been updated since then.

To be honest, the most noteworthy thing about the game is it has slightly different regional pricing in practically every region. In many of them, it is the only game that is regionally priced.
Panaias: Same question here, it would be nice if someone could clarify that. Those reviews are surely discouraging.

I purchased Agent A last time it was on sale and couldn't stop playing, an excellent point and click puzzle. It's a short game, but I found it a good value for the price; More so because I played the game through a second time to get 100% completion. I found the puzzles to be logical and only once did I become stumped, not knowing what to do, because I visually mistook and object as something else and didn't think to interact with it.

The voice acting and overall aesthetic of the game are very well done and charming, fitting the theme very well. My only complaint was that in chapters 4 and 5 I found I was doing a lot of back tracking that didn't feel necessary. Still, this minor complaint isn't enough to prevent me from recommending this game to anyone who enjoys puzzle games.
Panaias: Same question here, it would be nice if someone could clarify that. Those reviews are surely discouraging.

it's not a historical low, the devs shamelessly doubled the price earlier this year, though it wasn't available on gog before that, so it's the lowest it's been on gog. it's one of my favorite games from last year, definitely recommended, but I'll be sure not to give fucking mobile devs quadrupling their prices on pc too much money in the future.
Mm, web changes, i´ve noticed that the deals are now up to Recommended for you and What´s good?, i think that News at low is not the best.

Lady-Jaye: I purchased Agent A last time it was on sale and couldn't stop playing, an excellent point and click puzzle. It's a short game, but I found it a good value for the price; More so because I played the game through a second time to get 100% completion. I found the puzzles to be logical and only once did I become stumped, not knowing what to do, because I visually mistook and object as something else and didn't think to interact with it.

The voice acting and overall aesthetic of the game are very well done and charming, fitting the theme very well. My only complaint was that in chapters 4 and 5 I found I was doing a lot of back tracking that didn't feel necessary. Still, this minor complaint isn't enough to prevent me from recommending this game to anyone who enjoys puzzle games.
I could not have said it any better. In other words: completely agree to everthing you said here and I'd also recommend the game. Had lots of fun with it.
argamasa: ...i think that News at low is not the best.
That's what many, many, many users are constantly trying to explain to GOG as well ... they just don't want to understand. So grab yourself a script and fix it by yourself (that's what helped me at least) because GOG won't help you here unfortunately.
Post edited July 08, 2020 by MarkoH01
argamasa: ...i think that News at low is not the best.
MarkoH01: That's what many, many, many users are constantly trying to explain to GOG as well ... they just don't want to understand. So grab yourself a script and fix it by yourself (that#s what helped me at least) because GOG won't help you here unfortunately.
Since the front page changed to the current layout I avoid it as much as I can and basically only see it after login and on giveaways. A much better way to read the news is the GOG news feed. The only disadvantage is that you have to poll it often as it's limited to a few entries only so that news entries often already disappear after a day or two. That's another unnecessary nonsense on GOG, as if it would be that hard to keep the entries at least for a week or until the promo expires.
Love how I can combine:
Her Story: Not Tonight, The Dame was Loaded.
MarkoH01:
eiii:
I´ll avoid to modify the page to avoid disasters, I'm very clumsy. I guess that now the deals more up is to put more emphasis to offers.

The worst for me personally is when i look the page on my phone, is not very powerful and the page is heavy and is difficult to arrive to the bottom. Now the offers more up is better for me.
Post edited July 08, 2020 by argamasa
eiii:
argamasa: I´ll avoid to modify the page to avoid disasters, I'm very clumsy. I guess that now the deals more up is to put more emphasis to offers.

The worst for me personally is when i look the page on my phone, is not very powerful and the page is heavy and is difficult to arrive to the bottom. Now the offers more up is better for me.
Use the RSS, Luke
I just played it 30 minutes or so and did not experience any problems. It really is cheap right now and if you should experience major problems wou will always have the refund opportunity as well.
Post edited July 09, 2020 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: That's what many, many, many users are constantly trying to explain to GOG as well ... they just don't want to understand. So grab yourself a script and fix it by yourself (that#s what helped me at least) because GOG won't help you here unfortunately.
eiii: Since the front page changed to the current layout I avoid it as much as I can and basically only see it after login and on giveaways. A much better way to read the news is the GOG news feed. The only disadvantage is that you have to poll it often as it's limited to a few entries only so that news entries often already disappear after a day or two. That's another unnecessary nonsense on GOG, as if it would be that hard to keep the entries at least for a week or until the promo expires.
You can use
https://www.gog.com/api/news?language_code=en&limit=10&page_token=0
for similar output without the need to poll. 'limit' in the URL is how many are displayed, 'page_token' is the page number (of 'limit' entries). Eg. limit=10 page_token=20 would display entries 201-210. There's over 4.2k news entries available as of now.
Lady-Jaye: ...
I purchased Agent A last time it was on sale and couldn't stop playing, an excellent point and click puzzle. It's a short game, but I found it a good value for the price; More so because I played the game through a second time to get 100% completion. I found the puzzles to be logical and only once did I become stumped, not knowing what to do, because I visually mistook and object as something else and didn't think to interact with it.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!
Dohi64: ...
it's not a historical low, the devs shamelessly doubled the price earlier this year, though it wasn't available on gog before that, so it's the lowest it's been on gog...
Yes you are right, what I meant was lowest price on GOG.
MarkoH01: ...
I just played it 30 minutes or so and did not experience any problems. It really is cheap right now and if you should experience major problems wou will always have the refund opportunity as well.
That's a good idea for sure, but I won't be able to play it before the refund grace period expires. I guess I'll wait for another sale, but thanks for the input anyway. If you play it to the end I would be interested in your opinion, gameplay- and problem-wise.
Post edited July 09, 2020 by Panaias