It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Take the chance to dive into Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic (-65%) and its sequel Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™ (-65%). If you still feel the need to test your skills and reflexes, take on action-adventure games such as LEGO Star Wars™: The Complete Saga (-75%) or Star Wars™: The Force Unleashed™ Ultimate Sith Edition (-65%).

We also have something for strategic thinkers, as the Star Wars Day sale on GOG includes games like Star Wars™: Galactic Battlegrounds (-65%) and STAR WARS™ Empire at War: Gold Pack (-65%). Finally, all virtual pilots can sit behind the cockpits of their favorite spaceships in games such as STAR WARS™: Rogue Squadron 3D (-65%) and Star Wars™: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (-65%).

Fans can also jump into classic Star Wars battles with Star Wars™ Battlefront (Classic, 2004; -60%) and Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II (Classic, 2005; -65%) are also bound for a ride.

Star Wars Day sale on GOG.COM runs until May 6th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
idbeholdME: Give me The Phantom Menace (the game)
Still waiting on this GOG.
Post edited April 29, 2022 by RoboPond
Tokyo_Bunny_8990: I remember the Phantom Menace game. I remember it being really bad although I still enjoyed it.
I have that game on disc and have played through it entirely. It's not bad at all. It's not great either, but it's a good & solid game with nothing that is drastically wrong with it.
arrua: ...
SLP2000: ...
Thank you!
I will buy Star Wars Battlefront! I'm glad i can play it here.
ciemnogrodzianin: Hey, Star Wars fans! Please, advise!
I'm not a big fan of SW (at all, to be honest), but I love crpgs and I know that SW:KOTOR 1 and 2 are sometimes considered the best crpgs ever made. Now I've got that cool discount code from GOG newsletter. Should I try them? Which one is better – or perhaps I need to play both of them? Do I need to know SW universe well to enjoy these games?
I would disagree they're the best crpgs ever made. Systems are pretty shallow, with combat being particularly uninspired (basically you're just fighting lots of trash mobs where you spam the same over-powered abilities again and again, very few memorable fights).
The first game captures the Star Wars feeling perfectly, but if you don't like Star Wars that much, that could of course be a problem (tbh I found the game somewhat saccharine, the characters are very stereotypical imo). The 2nd game has a more complex and darker story, and overall I liked it much better than the first one. It is however notoriously unfinished, especially near the end you really notice the missing content.
They're both worth playing, but imo you shouldn't expect masterpieces. Much of the appeal of those games comes from the Star Wars setting (though they're set thousands of years before the movies, so can be enjoyed on their own), and if you're not into that, they lose some of their attraction.
KoToRs for a couple of bucks is a steal.
I iike the "Old Republic" games a lot..at least the first...but saying they are the best crpg's around is a bit much with th elikes of "Skyrim" "Fallout" "PLanescape Torment" and a couple of others around.
But I have to add to the chorus of give us the missing Lucasarts games. I understand that themore recent ones will not be for sale here for along time. but it's past time that "Force Commander" and the others come here.
Granted, most of them are not very good, but still people should have the opportunity to buy them.
Tokyo_Bunny_8990: I remember the Phantom Menace game. I remember it being really bad although I still enjoyed it.
idbeholdME: It was mediocre at best (being a PS1 game at core), but the amount of random things you can do and bugs in it alone is worth it being here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3YSe_KMgec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z896Fj6oeM

EDIT:
Oh and don't forget that the Thermal Detonators in the PC version were like nukes going off. Absolutely loved that.
Lol I remember that last level getting caught in the laser door during the cutscene and having my life just drain away.

Yeah, the lightsaber combat was terrible in this game. This would be a great game to remake though with a combat system similar to jedi fallen order.
Come on GOG, there are still so many SW games to get. Ive had every game in this collection for years and I think Pod Racer was the only one we have gotten in the past maybe five years? It would be stellar if you got the new Lego games or even Jedi Fallen Order (which comes DRM free if you get it from the other vapor related platform). Please just give us some hope that youre working on getting more SW games, or give us a bad feeling about this if its not possible so we arent anticipating anything new. I do appreciate what we have already, but there are still a lot of older games you could try to get if the new ones arent possible for now.

May the 4th be with you!
ciemnogrodzianin: Hey, Star Wars fans! Please, advise!
I'm not a big fan of SW (at all, to be honest), but I love crpgs and I know that SW:KOTOR 1 and 2 are sometimes considered the best crpgs ever made. Now I've got that cool discount code from GOG newsletter. Should I try them? Which one is better – or perhaps I need to play both of them? Do I need to know SW universe well to enjoy these games?
Yes, they are amazing. Az far as KOTOR 2 there are a couple of amazing mods like the restoration project that fix the bugs, finish the game, and restore the content they didnt have time to implement but were planned and started. The mods really amplify these games and I recommend getting both and playing them in order, or at least get 1 first
Post edited April 30, 2022 by Gylfe
GOG.com: Take the chance to dive into Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic (-65%) and its sequel Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™ (-65%). If you still feel the need to test your skills and reflexes, take on action-adventure games such as LEGO Star Wars™: The Complete Saga (-75%) or Star Wars™: The Force Unleashed™ Ultimate Sith Edition (-65%).

We also have something for strategic thinkers, as the Star Wars Day sale on GOG includes games like Star Wars™: Galactic Battlegrounds (-65%) and STAR WARS™ Empire at War: Gold Pack (-65%). Finally, all virtual pilots can sit behind the cockpits of their favorite spaceships in games such as STAR WARS™: Rogue Squadron 3D (-65%) and Star Wars™: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (-65%).

Fans can also jump into classic Star Wars battles with Star Wars™ Battlefront (Classic, 2004; -60%) and Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II (Classic, 2005; -65%) are also bound for a ride.

Star Wars Day sale on GOG.COM runs until May 6th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
I really appreciate the annual May the 4th Star Wars sale, but every year comes and goes and I'm always wondering when in the world the remaining classic PC Star Wars games will be released on GOG (or Steam, Origin, etc.).

I already have all the classic PC Star Wars games available on GOG, and I'm really eager for the rest.
morolf: ...
Gylfe: ...
Thank you for your opinions. I've taken both of them and I'll try to start with K1.
Now the real problem is to find some spare time to actually play them :D
I wished GOG would get some of the missing Star Wars games. At least one a year on the 4th would be nice.

I already own all games released on GOG for quite some time now.
Even a PC port of the PS Live revivals of the old NES and Megadrive games would be nice4.

If you want to revive a missing PC "classic", how about getting Disney's ok for Tiny Death Star? Or Yoda stories? The first one was a Windows store game, thte second one can still run on 64 Bit machines.
Post edited May 01, 2022 by neumi5694
Interesting that GOG's marketing sends out a newsletter code which gives you a 75% discount on LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga and advertises it as "exclusive offer" when the public discount also is 75%. ;P

Not even the "all-time high discount" claim is valid...
Post edited May 01, 2022 by eiii
Still waiting for Episode I: The Phantom Menace, please and thank you.
eiii: Interesting that GOG's marketing sends out a newsletter code which gives you a 75% discount on LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga and advertises it as "exclusive offer" when the public discount also is 75%. ;P
But there were five (or even six?) games with 74% resp. 75% discount in that newsletter.
And all the others are not discounted as much in the "May the 4th be with you" - sale.

Edit: I just checked - it were seven games that were discounted at 74% / 75% in the newsletter.

So, there were two ways to go about this:

1) appreciate that the newsletter gave you a 10% steeper discount on six games, than the "May the 4th be with you" - sale, or

2) complain about one game in the "May the 4th be with you" - sale having the same discount as the newsletter offered.

And - of course - you have chosen the latter option...
Post edited May 01, 2022 by BreOl72