It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
mrkgnao: ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 3.2.4 has been released with the following features:
* Removed the "Patched" field throughout as it was quickly becoming outdated, it no longer being available on the GOG game page (sniff...)
Heh, I hope they'll add it back. It is way too important to leave out. :(
high rated
mrkgnao: ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 3.2.4 has been released with the following features:
* Removed the "Patched" field throughout as it was quickly becoming outdated, it no longer being available on the GOG game page (sniff...)
Wurzelkraft: Heh, I hope they'll add it back. It is way too important to leave out. :(
I agree.
I left all the support infrastructure for it in place in MaGog; I just removed the display elements. Still hoping to restore it, but not holding my breath.
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 3.2.5 has been released with the following (not really interesting for you) feature:
* Improved the behind-the-scenes support for game ID change, as it is becoming a rather more common occurrence
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 3.3.0 has been released with the following features:
* Added fitering by, sorting by and display of Goglodytes that have wishlisted the game (information obtained from the GOG Wiki) [suggested by Spinorial]
*** Note: When using this data, please remember that a lot of people do not keep their wishlist up-to-date on the GOG Wiki.
*** Note: If for some reason you wish not to have this information displayed about you, please drop me a note and I will remove you.
* Added a "Set Almost All" button to the Display section, setting all but the text-heavy "Sys Reqs" (which are cleared instead)
* Further improved the behind-the-scenes support for forum link identification

Spinorial: Here is a really demanding, yet absolutely awesome feature that I'd love:
Would it be possible to access the gogwiki database and search through people's wishlists? I know it's probably tough, but people would love you for it XD
Spinorial, a feature you have asked for a couple of months ago is finally ready.
I'm not sure how useful it'll prove, but thank you for suggesting it nonetheless.
Your mission, Spinorial, should you decide to accept it, is to promote this feature among people you believe might wish to use it.

Here are some of the questions one may answer through this new feature:

1) [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=330&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbah&ord=&flt=tcs~trails~&opt=&myf=SatOct40422382014_QuqvtVjUMZrOs]Who wishlisted Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky[/url]?

2) [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=330&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbah&ord=&flt=hby~Foxworks~&opt=&myf=SatOct40428592014_lqUOBwJMTTpQJ]Which games are on foxworks's wishlist[/url]?

3) [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=330&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbah&ord=&flt=hby~Foxworks~gan~str~&opt=&myf=SatOct40430182014_lEqMVTde9SB6x]Which strategy games are on foxworks's wishlist[/url]?

4) [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=330&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbah&ord=h9&flt=hat~20~&opt=&myf=SatOct40431382014_ZoecR9gHrA91I]Which games have been wishlisted by at least 20 people (sorted by descending order of number of wishlisters)[/url]?
[No big surprise at #1 (Arx Fatalis), but I was surprised by #5 (Darkstone)]

5) [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=330&scp=gdspu&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbah&ord=h9&flt=hby~00000~pat~0.1~&opt=&myf=SatOct40433442014_FzYahea7SZjXq]Which non-free non-removed games have been wishlisted by no one[/url]?
Post edited October 05, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Spinorial, a feature you have asked for a couple of months ago is finally ready.
I'm not sure how useful it'll prove, but thank you for suggesting it nonetheless.
Your mission, Spinorial, should you decide to accept it, is to promote this feature among people you believe might wish to use it.
Oh my! I am stunned in the most delightful manner. Thank you! I thought you'd abandoned the idea, given the perfectly reasonable objections you raised. How did you get over the various formats used by people?

Btw, what does the first column indicate (owned/wishlisted)? Can't be relative to the person, since they have the lot wishlisted, not owned. Can't be relative to me, since I have made no personal profiles for MaGog to use.

Post edited October 04, 2014 by Spinorial
high rated
Spinorial: Oh my! I am stunned in the most delightful manner. Thank you! I thought you'd abandoned the idea, given the perfectly reasonable objections you raised. How did you get over the various formats used by people?
Creative programming, I guess.

I didn't manage to harvest absolutely everyvody's lists. There are about a dozen goglodytes (out of more than 200) who have lists without any indication what these lists are. These I ignore.

But everyone who has the string "wish" or "want" or "desire" immediately before the list made it in.

Spinorial: Btw, what does the first column indicate (owned/wishlisted)? Can't be relative to the person, since they have the lot wishlisted, not owned. Can't be relative to me, since I have made no personal profiles for MaGog to use.
These indicate my owned/wishlisted games, entirely unrelated to this feature (it's a feature that was added in version 3.2.2). I agree it's a bit confusing here.
Post edited October 04, 2014 by mrkgnao
high rated
That's a pretty neat feature, cheers to Spinorial for asking for it and to you for making it happen. :-)

It's pretty useful - instead of visiting each person's GOGWiki page, now you put a search for. say games from the weekend promo, and immediately see who has them wishliisted. ;-)

mrkgnao: [...]

But everyone who has the string "wish" or "want" or "desire" immediately before the list made it in.

[...]
Just to make sure I understand how this works - one of these exact strings has to be included in the "sub-title" of the wishlist, yes? For example, on my page I have the title "My Wishlist" and the subtitle "oo many and still adding to it! ;-P"; this would exclude my wishlist from turning up in the search results, correct?
high rated
[...]
HypersomniacLive: Just to make sure I understand how this works - one of these exact strings has to be included in the "sub-title" of the wishlist, yes? For example, on my page I have the title "My Wishlist" and the subtitle "oo many and still adding to it! ;-P"; this would exclude my wishlist from turning up in the search results, correct?
Oops. Back to the drawing board.
I was too lazy to check all the 200+ user pages manually, so made some obviously-stupid assumptions (e.g. if someone has just one list, it's probably his shelf, not his wishlist, no need to check why we found no wishlist). Then checked only those that had at least two lists/shelves and yet my algorithm failed to find a wishlist.
Go figure that it'd miss you of all people. Oops.

Yes. Your understanding is correct. It doesn't have to be a whole word, just the substring (e.g. someone has "Wishlistiness" and that's fine).
Please don't change your page yet. I'll try to improve my algorithm to get yours (and others like yours) as well.
high rated
mrkgnao: Oops. Back to the drawing board.
I was too lazy to check all the 200+ user pages manually, so made some obviously-stupid assumptions (e.g. if someone has just one list, it's probably his shelf, not his wishlist, no need to check why we found no wishlist). Then checked only those that had at least two lists/shelves and yet my algorithm failed to find a wishlist.
Go figure that it'd miss you of all people. Oops.

Yes. Your understanding is correct. It doesn't have to be a whole word, just the substring (e.g. someone has "Wishlistiness" and that's fine).
Please don't change your page yet. I'll try to improve my algorithm to get yours (and others like yours) as well.
Oh, I'm not complaining, just wanted to make sure I actually understand how the algorithm works.

And it's quite understandable that checking all user pages manually isn't any fun. ;-)
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Oh, I'm not complaining, just wanted to make sure I actually understand how the algorithm works.
And it's quite understandable that checking all user pages manually isn't any fun. ;-)
Oh. You aren't complaining at all. You're helping me improve MaGog.
Through your reporting of this I was able to identify 5 users whose wishlists my algorithm had missed. Thank you.

For 4 of those I was able to slightly modify the algorithm to identify their wishlists as well. Already done.

For 1 of those I just couldn't find a suitable simple modification of the algorithm. Guess who?

The issue with your page (and I believe you are unique in this) is that what precedes the wishlist is neither the title ("My Wishlist") nor the subtitle "oo many and still adding to it! ;-P". It's the green User Information box.

I could find some ugly workaround (e.g. if ($user eq "HypersomniacLive"), the first list on the page is the wishlist), but I'd rather not go there because it'll surely break some day when you edit your page and, say, add an owned list.

Your page's metadata looks like this:
== * My Wishlist * ==

'''''I know, I know - too many and still adding to it! ;-P'''''

{{Userinfo
|name = HypersomniacLive
|gog.com = yes
|caption2 = Disguised Insomniac
|gogname = HypersomniacLive
|joined = yes
|days = yes
}}

<gog-wishlist user="HypersomniacLive" />

== * My Game Shelf * ==

'''''Slowly but steadily working on it! ;-)'''''

What I suggest is that you move the subtitle so that it comes between the User Information box and the wishlist and add 'wish' or 'want' or 'desire' to it somewhere (e.g. '''''I know, I know - too many wants and still adding to it! ;-P''''').

Then drop me a note and I will check that the algorithm handles it correctly.

P.S. Having 40+ games on your wishlist is not that much. There are people with more than 400.
high rated
I had to laugh so hard when I read your reply, I snorted water. :-)

For 1 of those I just couldn't find a suitable simple modification of the algorithm. Guess who?

The issue with your page (and I believe you are unique in this) is that what precedes the wishlist is neither the title ("My Wishlist") nor the subtitle "oo many and still adding to it! ;-P". It's the green User Information box.

[...]
I'll just blame the mess of my page to drinking. ;-P

OK, I made the necessary changes so that my page now follows the norm - more or less.

I could find some ugly workaround (e.g. if ($user eq "HypersomniacLive"), the first list on the page is the wishlist), but I'd rather not go there because it'll surely break some day when you edit your page and, say, add an owned list.

[...].
That would make my page even more unique though. ;-P

There are people with more than 400.
Wow, over 400! Speechless.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I had to laugh so hard when I read your reply, I snorted water. :-)
That's good. We have a drought here in California and every bit of water helps.

OK. You should be able to see your wishlist on MaGog now.

Thank you helping me improve MaGog.
high rated
mrkgnao: That's good. We have a drought here in California and every bit of water helps.

[...]
XD, I just love your sense of humour. :-D

Thank you helping me improve MaGog.
Thank you for taking the trouble for this humble GOG user - tested and working. :-)

I really like how the "Wishlisted By" column displays how many peeps have a title in their wishlists and the relative sorting filter.

I'd also like to thank you for implementing this feature as now we also have a database of the users with a public wishlist on GOGWiki.
Does your database now include all such users?
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I'd also like to thank you for implementing this feature as now we also have a database of the users with a public wishlist on GOGWiki.
Does your database now include all such users?
As far as I can say, barring unknown bugs, the current list of 203 wishlisting goglodytes is the full list.
Probably.
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 3.3.1 has been released with the following features:
* Improved the algorithm used to identify wishlists on the GOG Wiki, thereby adding 18 more wishlists to the 185 already monitored by MaGog [encouraged by HypersomniacLive]
* Added a checkbox to allow one to hide/display the "My Tags" owned/wishlisted icons displayed in the Row# column