It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: Please send me suggestions for favourite background colours from here.
I'm not really a designer type, so colors are not my strength. Hard to imagine for me how the result will look. I probably would start with something greenish for the owned games, perhaps PaleGreen, LightGreen or maybe Aquamarine, and something yellowish for the wish-listed games, perhaps LemonChiffon, LightGoldenrodYellow or Cornsilk. Not sure if the yellow will harmonize with the golden stars. Alternatively you could try something more reddish like PapayaWhip, BlanchedAlmond or Bisque.

That's for the LightGrey scheme, the DarkGrey scheme probably will need some darker colors.

But maybe other people here are better with composing colors. ;)
eiii: I'm not really a designer type, so colors are not my strength.
I'm not a designer either.
I was also thinking of green for the owned games but going for contrast with DarkGreen or DarkOliveGreen with white/clear text.
:-)

As long as it's not grey...
madth3: I was also thinking of green for the owned games but going for contrast with DarkGreen or DarkOliveGreen with white/clear text.
I thought about that too. The disadvantage is, when you use these inverted colors and make a listing with your owned games only, then the LightGrey scheme suddenly would look like a dark scheme. And when you do the same with the DarkGrey scheme it would look like a light scheme.
I just used the "Get From GOG" feature, and got this message during the process:
Magog was unable to identify the following "owned" games:
- broken sword 5 the serpents curse
- show hidden games 1

Magog was unable to identify the following "wishlisted" games:

Please copy-paste or screen-capture this information and post it on the MaGog thread (http://www.gog.com/forum/general/magog_a_search_engine_for_gog_games) to help improve MaGog.
Don't know what's going on with BS5. Regarding the hidden game - it's one I don't even actually own (that's why I have it hidden), so I don't care.

I see that eiii opened the discussion about owned and wishlisted games being more visible, and I agree.
If I may make a suggestion - perhaps add a label or badge on the game art (sort of like the forum link hangs underneath it). The different background colour could also work, though the results-page might end up looking too colourful (yes, I'm aware of my comment's irony given GOG's recent changes).
HypersomniacLive: I just used the "Get From GOG" feature, and got this message during the process:

Magog was unable to identify the following "owned" games:
- broken sword 5 the serpents curse
- show hidden games 1

Magog was unable to identify the following "wishlisted" games:

Please copy-paste or screen-capture this information and post it on the MaGog thread (http://www.gog.com/forum/general/magog_a_search_engine_for_gog_games) to help improve MaGog.
HypersomniacLive: Don't know what's going on with BS5. Regarding the hidden game - it's one I don't even actually own (that's why I have it hidden), so I don't care.

I see that eiii opened the discussion about owned and wishlisted games being more visible, and I agree.
If I may make a suggestion - perhaps add a label or badge on the game art (sort of like the forum link hangs underneath it). The different background colour could also work, though the results-page might end up looking too colourful (yes, I'm aware of my comment's irony given GOG's recent changes).
Broken Sword 5 was not identified because GOG is inconsistent in naming it. Throughout the website and in the wishlist it is called "Broken Sword 5 the Serpent's Curse Season Pass" (even though it's no longer a season pass; already reported to GOG) and apparently on the shelf they dropped the "Season Pass". Should be fixed now.

As for the hidden game. Well, it's hidden from MaGog too. Will add a note that MaGog cannot get hidden games.

As for using a label or badge for owned games instead of a colour, that already exists. It's the word "owned" under My Fields, Tags.

I will try to be gentle with my choice of colours.
eiii: I thought about that too. The disadvantage is, when you use these inverted colors and make a listing with your owned games only, then the LightGrey scheme suddenly would look like a dark scheme. And when you do the same with the DarkGrey scheme it would look like a light scheme.
You are correct. I retract my suggestion.
mrkgnao: Broken Sword 5 was not identified because GOG is inconsistent in naming it. Throughout the website and in the wishlist it is called "Broken Sword 5 the Serpent's Curse Season Pass" (even though it's no longer a season pass; already reported to GOG) and apparently on the shelf they dropped the "Season Pass". Should be fixed now.

As for the hidden game. Well, it's hidden from MaGog too. Will add a note that MaGog cannot get hidden games.

As for using a label or badge for owned games instead of a colour, that already exists. It's the word "owned" under My Fields, Tags.

I guess I wasn't clear with my suggestion - I know that "owned" displays in My Fields/ Tags, but it's the far right column, i.e. not immediately noticeable (I had to look a second & third time to notice it, as the font colour doesn't stick out on the Dark Grey background).
And speaking of this, note that on 1024X768 resolutions, that column isn't even on the screen (only the first 9 columns display, for the rest one has to scroll to the right, but please don't take this as a complain, as it's the resolution of my old PC).

Is there a way to rearrange the order of the columns that I have missed? I mean, besides committing columns?

By placing a label or badge on the game image (first column to display game related info) it would be immediately visible and noticeable.

That's all I'm saying and suggesting, but of course it's up to you. :-)
mrkgnao: Broken Sword 5 was not identified because GOG is inconsistent in naming it. Throughout the website and in the wishlist it is called "Broken Sword 5 the Serpent's Curse Season Pass" (even though it's no longer a season pass; already reported to GOG) and apparently on the shelf they dropped the "Season Pass". Should be fixed now.

HypersomniacLive: I guess I wasn't clear with my suggestion - I know that "owned" displays in My Fields/ Tags, but it's the far right column, i.e. not immediately noticeable (I had to look a second & third time to notice it, as the font colour doesn't stick out on the Dark Grey background).
And speaking of this, note that on 1024X768 resolutions, that column isn't even on the screen (only the first 9 columns display, for the rest one has to scroll to the right, but please don't take this as a complain, as it's the resolution of my old PC).

Is there a way to rearrange the order of the columns that I have missed? I mean, besides committing columns?

By placing a label or badge on the game image (first column to display game related info) it would be immediately visible and noticeable.

That's all I'm saying and suggesting, but of course it's up to you. :-)
Got it. Makes sense. Will do it.
And there is no option to reorder columns (don't expect to add it, too much work for a cosmetic feature).
mrkgnao: Got it. Makes sense. Will do it.
And there is no option to reorder columns (don't expect to add it, too much work for a cosmetic feature).
Thanks for listening. :-)

And no, I'm not expecting such a reorder-columns feature - I only asked because if it was possible to bring the My Fields/ Tags column further to the left, it would had been an acceptable solution to the low visibility of owned/ wishlisted games.

Cheers!
JSON output would make it easy for someone else to create an alternative page with those fancy JavaScript frameworks that would let the user do those kinds of things. (Reordering columns, resorting by different columns in the browser, optional paging, etc.)

Not that I'm particularly interested in this but the thought popped into my head because of ChrisSD suggestion
madth3: JSON output would make it easy for someone else to create an alternative page with those fancy JavaScript frameworks that would let the user do those kinds of things. (Reordering columns, resorting by different columns in the browser, optional paging, etc.)

Not that I'm particularly interested in this but the thought popped into my head because of ChrisSD suggestion
Next stage: MaGog mods ;^)
mrkgnao: Next stage: MaGog mods ;^)
The sky's the limit
madth3: JSON output would make it easy for someone else to create an alternative page with those fancy JavaScript frameworks that would let the user do those kinds of things. (Reordering columns, resorting by different columns in the browser, optional paging, etc.)

Yeah I think JSON is useful as a programming interface but as eiii rightly points out the character separated values format is easier to import into spreadsheets and what not.

p.s. I'd be very interested in a lighting and weather mod and perhaps a few new quests.
Post edited September 18, 2014 by ChrisSD

ChrisSD: Yeah I think JSON is useful as a programming interface but as eiii rightly points out the character separated values format is easier to import into spreadsheets and what not.

p.s. I'd be very interested in a lighting and weather mod and perhaps a few new quests.
I'd be very interested in those too.

At the moment, I plan to keep the character-separated format for the whole database and implement the JSON for search results. We'll see how we progress from there.
HypersomniacLive: By placing a label or badge on the game image (first column to display game related info) it would be immediately visible and noticeable.
Maybe as a compromise change only the background color of the title field for owned and wish-listed games? Or maybe the background color of the first 3 fields (row#, image and title)? Not sure how good that will look, but as the current result page looks very good I have no doubt you'll do the right thing, mrkgnao. :)