It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: The question remains for how many different countries to I need to do it? GB-USD, RU-USD, DE-USD, AU-USD? I'll experiment and find a reasonable compromise of coverage vs. time. I'll also need to see how to do it in Perl, but I already read about it a bit.
Gydion: I suppose you have already seen this? IAmSinistar has tried a few games with all the different regions which may help to see which regional zones should be checked. For testing purposes it would be interesting to see if any of those prices changed based on one's IP location.
Yes. I have analysed his posts and I believe I shall be using 8 codes/zones: AU, BR, DE, GB, PL, RU, UA, US.
I will not be testing at different IP locations, though. MaGog's server is located in Canada.
Shambhala: Great, thanks!

How did you solve the regional pricing issue in the end?
mrkgnao: Not yet. Just got everything that was there before to work again.
Now to add new features. Long list, including automatically identifying regional pricing.

With Wurzelkraft's help, I believe I know how to do it. Basically all I need to do is to get the GOG catalogue twice, once without cookies (defaults to US-USD) and once with, say, a DE-USD cookie and compare the prices. If they are different, it's regionally-priced. The question remains for how many different countries to I need to do it? GB-USD, RU-USD, DE-USD, AU-USD? I'll experiment and find a reasonable compromise of coverage vs. time. I'll also need to see how to do it in Perl, but I already read about it a bit.

A couple of smaller features planned first, then regional pricing.
One complexity is that even picking a region, if that region happens to have the same price as U.S., you might miss the regional pricing. For example, the new Wasteland 2 is only more expensive in the UK. Although, it does seem that RU gets a steep discount. Maybe it is better to compare the Russian price for determining if something is regionally priced. Seems it is always cheaper.
mrkgnao: Not yet. Just got everything that was there before to work again.
Now to add new features. Long list, including automatically identifying regional pricing.

With Wurzelkraft's help, I believe I know how to do it. Basically all I need to do is to get the GOG catalogue twice, once without cookies (defaults to US-USD) and once with, say, a DE-USD cookie and compare the prices. If they are different, it's regionally-priced. The question remains for how many different countries to I need to do it? GB-USD, RU-USD, DE-USD, AU-USD? I'll experiment and find a reasonable compromise of coverage vs. time. I'll also need to see how to do it in Perl, but I already read about it a bit.

A couple of smaller features planned first, then regional pricing.
RWarehall: One complexity is that even picking a region, if that region happens to have the same price as U.S., you might miss the regional pricing. For example, the new Wasteland 2 is only more expensive in the UK. Although, it does seem that RU gets a steep discount. Maybe it is better to compare the Russian price for determining if something is regionally priced. Seems it is always cheaper.
Yes. I believe I shall be using 8 codes/zones: AU, BR, DE, GB, PL, RU, UA, US. If any of the 7 is different from US, it is regionally priced.
Post edited September 06, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: [..]all I need to do is to get the GOG catalogue twice[..]if they are different, it's regionally-priced. The question remains for how many different countries to I need to do it?[..]
Uh, I'm not very sure about this, but don't regional priced games show non-standard prices?
If so, you could do a multi-check only for these..maybe?

Anyway, thanks for the fast update!!
mrkgnao: Yes. I believe I shall be using 8 codes/zones: AU, BR, DE, GB, PL, RU, UA, US. If any of the 7 is different from US, it is regionally priced.
This should cover the most important regions. Let's hope no publisher goes totally overboard and prices every country in a different way, lol.
Post edited September 06, 2014 by Wurzelkraft
mrkgnao: Yes. I believe I shall be using 8 codes/zones: AU, BR, DE, GB, PL, RU, UA, US. If any of the 7 is different from US, it is regionally priced.
Wurzelkraft: This should cover the most important regions. Let's hope no publisher goes totally overboard and prices every country in a different way, lol.
Mind you, I don't plan to list all the prices for all the regions. All I want to do is determine whether a game is or is not regionally priced. The final result will just be a boolean field.
Post edited September 06, 2014 by mrkgnao
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 3.0.1 has been released with the following features:

* Added star rating information at a 0.1 granularity alongside the classic 0.5 granularity (the 0.1 granularity data is the one used for filtering and sorting from now on)
* Note: Both the 0.1 and the 0.5 granularity data are taken directly from GOG and may therefore disagree (e.g. when the number of ratings is less than 5).
* Note: For removed games, for which the 0.1 granularity value is unavailable, I arbitrarily assigned the same value as the 0.5 one, except for five-star games, for which I used 4.9.

* Added ESRB and PEGI category symbols to the "Age Requirements" display
* Rearranged the "Age Requirements" filters to better represent the ESRB and PEGI categories
mrkgnao: * Added star rating information at a 0.1 granularity alongside the classic 0.5 granularity (the 0.1 granularity data is the one used for filtering and sorting from now on)
Is this an information that previously was unavailable?
high rated
mrkgnao: * Added star rating information at a 0.1 granularity alongside the classic 0.5 granularity (the 0.1 granularity data is the one used for filtering and sorting from now on)
Shambhala: Is this an information that previously was unavailable?
Indeed. At least one good thing came out of the new GOG look.
Post edited September 07, 2014 by mrkgnao
Yeah! Cheers, mrkgnao, much appreciated!
mrkgnao: I will not be testing at different IP locations, though. MaGog's server is located in Canada.
Cheers. I did not expect MaGog to test different IPs. I suspect GOG's currently not doing anything further.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Post edited September 07, 2014 by Gydion
Gydion: Cheers. I did not expect MaGog to test different IPs. I suspect GOG's currently not doing anything further.
Thanks for all the hard work.
From what I hear to view prices all you need is a cookie, but to actually buy at the quoted price you need an IP in the specific region.
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 3.1.0 has been released with the following features:
* Added filtering by and display of regional pricing information
* Note: At the moment, GOG has 35 regionally-priced games (i.e. games that have a non-default USD price in at least one region).
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 3.2.0 has been released with the following features:
* Added a GOG metrics and statistics page
mrkgnao: ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 3.2.0 has been released with the following features:
* Added a GOG metrics and statistics page
That's pretty cool, cheers to both you and JMIch! :-)