It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nooo :(((( just wanted to explore the spring sale with magog :(((((

:((((

:((((

:((((((
Post edited March 22, 2021 by flanner
I wish the community had this too
DAMN! I didn't know it had been taken offline :-(

It was a brilliant resource. Thanks for all the great work you did throughout the years, both with that site an elsewhere.

Also, only discovering this now, so late, perhaps gives an indication of how frequently I've been to GOG, or making purchases here (almost never).
Post edited March 24, 2021 by Pangaea666
still :-(
have mercy :'c) take us the magog back pls :-))
Anyone found any way to track regional prices of games on GOG? This is the biggest feature I miss from magog :( Brazil used to be the best region but they now force Boacompra middleman on us without direct payment option T_T
yasagani: Anyone found any way to track regional prices of games on GOG? This is the biggest feature I miss from magog :( Brazil used to be the best region but they now force Boacompra middleman on us without direct payment option T_T
I completely agree that BoaCompra is a terribly customer unfriendly company, and that is why I avoid it no matter the cost. The tradeoff between paying a conversion fee or BoaCompra's fee is usually close to the same value so I just avoid suffering their idiotic customer support. Once was traumatic enough.

Try changing the settings to show you prices in USD instead of BRL. Then when you proceed to checkout your purchases will be handled by your bank/card provider instead of BoaCompra.

If you intend to discuss this further let's do it in another thread or PM me. But getting back on the topic of Magog, I also miss that feature and never found a replacement. I thought of picking the raw information from GogDB's database and handling the data myself, but it does not track regional prices like Magog did.
Post edited June 09, 2022 by joppo
yasagani: Anyone found any way to track regional prices of games on GOG? This is the biggest feature I miss from magog :( Brazil used to be the best region but they now force Boacompra middleman on us without direct payment option T_T
joppo: I completely agree that BoaCompra is a terribly customer unfriendly company, and that is why I avoid it no matter the cost. The tradeoff between paying a conversion fee or BoaCompra's fee is usually close to the same value so I just avoid suffering their idiotic customer support. Once was traumatic enough.

Anyway, try changing the settings to show you prices in USD instead of BRL. Then when you proceed to checkout your purchases will be handled by your bank/card provider instead of BoaCompra.

If you intend to discuss this further let's do it in another thread or PM me. But getting back on the topic of Magog, I also miss that feature and never found a replacement. I thought of picking the raw information from GogDB's database and handling the data myself, but it does not track regional prices like Magog did.
Oh my God you are a lifesaver, so much pain and suffering avoided, I can't believe it! Obrigado irmão!
joppo:
yasagani: Oh my God you are a lifesaver, so much pain and suffering avoided, I can't believe it! Obrigado irmão!
You're welcome. Enjoy the sensation of not dealing with them just to play your games ;-)
yasagani: Oh my God you are a lifesaver, so much pain and suffering avoided, I can't believe it! Obrigado irmão!
Sorry for the slight necro, but in case it's still useful, mind that international transactions, even if charged in your local currency, will result in additional charges. Namely, IOF + credit card's fee, which should result in an extra 9~11% charge on top of what you're paying (I round it at 10% to make it easier).
And I'm not sure if it can change depending on the account or the specific region of the country you're in, but for me, I still get the non-BoaCompra options for payment, like PayPal and Google Pay.
==============================
And I already mentioned this some times, but it doesn't hurt to do again:
@GOG, please add an alternative to BoaCompra that also charges just in BRL (unlike all the current non-BoaCompra options which all count as international transactions). BoaCompra is only good as long as no issues happen, but when something does happen, it's a major headache to get it sorted.
No longer working? Or a new link as opposed to the OP?
LordMarlock: No longer working? Or a new link as opposed to the OP?
MaGog has passed away on 1 January 2021. No resurrection planned.
Roger that!