It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
mrkgnao: - Added support for one new genre: Visual Novel [...]
HypersomniacLive: I'm a bit confused - since the lady doesn't track releases after she went into legacy mode, I don't quite see what the point of this is; what am I missing?
See that Hatoful Boyfriend got that genre added to it. Also new free games do seem to be added, so Mask of Arcadius is there too. And maybe there will be a visual novel in a DLC or sequel of an older addition.
That's what I'm thinking at least.
high rated
mrkgnao: - Added support for one new genre: Visual Novel [...]
HypersomniacLive: I'm a bit confused - since the lady doesn't track releases after she went into legacy mode, I don't quite see what the point of this is; what am I missing?
Cavalary said it all. There are currently four "visual novels" being tracked by MaGog.

Generally speaking, I don't add a new genre (or any other option) unless it applies to at least one item being tracked by MaGog. In fact, I wouldn't even be aware of such a genre, as I only learn about new genres by examining MaGog's logs, and these by definition include only items tracked by MaGog.

P.S. I think there's something in your eye...
Post edited May 28, 2018 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: Cavalary said it all. There are currently four "visual novels" being tracked by MaGog. [...]
Cheers to both. A quick check shows that there are three Hatoful Boyfriend titles, which one is the forth VN (no VN entry under genres in the game catalogue)?

mrkgnao: [...] P.S. I think there's something in your eye...
Highly recommended to get some yourself, no matter how rarely you pop in.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: A quick check shows that there are three Hatoful Boyfriend titles, which one is the forth VN (no VN entry under genres in the game catalogue)?
The first chapter of the Sunrider saga, which is free.
high rated
mrkgnao: Cavalary said it all. There are currently four "visual novels" being tracked by MaGog. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Cheers to both. A quick check shows that there are three Hatoful Boyfriend titles, which one is the forth VN (no VN entry under genres in the game catalogue)?
Reminder: You can use MaGog's "Genres... -> is any of... -> visual novel" filter.
Post edited June 01, 2018 by mrkgnao
Damn, I really wish that you could revive Magog for us users and just block Gog staff's IPs, if you really don't want them to access it :'(
high rated
phaolo: Damn, I really wish that you could revive Magog for us users and just block Gog staff's IPs, if you really don't want them to access it :'(
I'm sorry if I've been unclear. I did not move MaGog to Legacy Mode in order to prevent GOG staff from using her services. Not at all.

I moved her to Legacy Mode as a symbolic act to indicate that I do not wish to support a store that sells games with in-game purchases. MaGog is a useful tool for buying GOG games --- as evidenced by the massively increased use during past big sales. In Legacy Mode, it is somewhat less useful.

I don't fool myself into believing that this causes even a tiny dent in GOG's earnings, but it does make me feel as if I have some principles I adhere to.
mrkgnao: I moved her to Legacy Mode as a symbolic act to indicate that I do not wish to support a store that sells games with in-game purchases. MaGog is a useful tool for buying GOG games --- as evidenced by the massively increased use during past big sales. In Legacy Mode, it is somewhat less useful.
I don't fool myself into believing that this causes even a tiny dent in GOG's earnings, but it does make me feel as if I have some principles I adhere to.
I didn't know that so many people used it, I thought we were like 50-100 forum goggers max.
Anyway, sadly your protest only negatively affects the users. I doubt that Gog's managers are even aware of Magog.
But well.. it's your creation, so we can't do much. : (
(btw, that's why I'm never too keen about user-maintained tools vs community ones, as they're completely dependant on their unique owner's whim)
Post edited June 01, 2018 by phaolo
high rated
phaolo: I didn't know that so many people used it, I thought we were like 50-100 forum goggers max.
Anyway, sadly your protest only negatively affects the users. I doubt that Gog's managers are even aware of Magog.
But well.. it's your creation, so we can't do much. : (
(btw, that's why I'm never too keen about user-maintained tools vs community ones, as they're completely dependant on their unique owner's whim)
They're aware, as they are of the community, the shreds of it left here as well as those that left. They just don't care, or definitely not enough to reconsider their chase for growth and the mainstream masses at all costs.

And while MaGOG's legacy mode definitely causes me issues, still being around here, way I see it, that's my problem, specifically because I'm still around here while by all accounts I should have joined those leaving long ago. So, yeah, no longer supporting users of GOG who obviously are still here and therefore in some way still supporting this GOG as it is now is rather the point, I'd say
phaolo: I didn't know that so many people used it, I thought we were like 50-100 forum goggers max.
Major users of MaGog were GOG staff, before the database went to legacy mode.
But I agree with you, I doubt that Gog's managers are aware of Magog.

Gog's managers are stupid and made various ridiculous decisions.
high rated
mrkgnao: Reminder: You can use MaGog's "Genres... -> is any of... -> visual novel" filter.
Cheers, thought of it only after I had posted.

What I hadn't realised is that MaGog tracks free games that were/are added after she went into legacy mode...
HypersomniacLive: What I hadn't realised is that MaGog tracks free games that were/are added after she went into legacy mode...
Are they DLCs?
MaGog tracks newly added DLCs for those games that she has tracked.
high rated
* Moved the cutoff date for ignoring new GOG games in "legacy mode" from 31 May 2017 to 17 June 2017, thereby adding 20 games and DLCs to MaGog

*** Note: This was done so as to have a more-or-less continuous timeline of games I own, after GOG semi-gifted "RiME" (which was added to GOG on 16 June 2017).
*** Note: Games and DLCs that include in-game purchases are still ignored by MaGog, regardless of their GOG addition date.
Post edited June 05, 2018 by mrkgnao
high rated
kbnrylaec: Are they DLCs?
MaGog tracks newly added DLCs for those games that she has tracked.
I'm aware of this, but Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, added a couple of weeks ago, is a regular game.
high rated
It seems that earlier today GOG has made some changes to its website and MaGog is now unable to access any page whatsoever on gog.com, and therefore can no longer update her database.

A short investigation has revealed that GOG now requires an SSL version higher than the one available on my web server. As far as I know, I am unable to update my web server's OpenSSL without actually upgrading the server's OS (Linux CentOS 5), a process which requires erasing everything on the server and installing a new OS.

This, I'm afraid, is beyond my powers at the moment --- and quite likely ever.

This effectively rings the death knell of MaGog. I will be moving her to "Coma Mode" today or tomorrow, a mode in which everything will continue to function as before, but the data displayed will be that of the last update (run on 2 July 2018).

I expect I will remove the website altogether sometime in 2019, so if you have data that you have stored on MaGog, you may want to migrate it elsewhere at some point.

Sorry.
Post edited July 04, 2018 by mrkgnao