It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucasfilm strikes back.

January 27:
It's been a long weekend for Star Wars™ fans among us. Today marks the return of Lucasfilm on GOG.com: WAVE II, with the final batch of three Star Wars™ titles:

A 20% launch discount awaits those who join the fight against the dark side in the next 72-hours with three new releases:
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
<i>Star Wars&trade;</i> Republic Commando
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Starfighter&trade;

As the Wave II timer ticks down to a zero for the last time, one of the most exciting weeks in the history of GOG.com comes to a close. We couldn't be happier with the series of amazing titles we added to our catalog this week, and we're proud to have teamed up with ©Disney Interactive to finally restore six iconic Star Wars™ games back into the hands of gamers exclusively on GOG.com.

January 22:
The time is now! Lucasfilm strikes back with three more Star Wars™ classics available now on GOG.com! This means the exclusive GOG.com digital premiere of two more spacefaring titles:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Rogue Squadron - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Rebellion - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Empire at War: Gold Pack is now also available for purchase, DRM-free with a 72-hour, 20% launch discount!

The timer is still ticking, so stay tuned for one more reveal from ©Disney Interactive and GOG.com!

January 20:
A long time ago in a galaxy near you, ©Disney Interactive and <B>GOG.com</B> teamed up to bring you the holy grail of classic gaming: six Lucasfilm cult-classics were added to our DRM-free catalog, including three titles which saw their digital premiere on GOG.com. We also made a promise to bring you many more cult-classics in the future and, believe us, we did not forget.

Today, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Alliance&trade; - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Battlefront&trade; II
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Dark Forces
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade; II: The Sith Lords&trade;

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade;
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade;
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition

Our Lucasfilm/Disney is made that much more impressive today thanks to our team-up with ©Disney Interactive. The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning. We're not saying more right now, but we know the wait will be worth it for six great reasons - keep watching the front page and stay tuned for more exciting Lucasfilm titles releasing on GOG.com when the timer strikes zero!
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Konrad
JudasIscariot: No way, not with LA/Disney games. Sorry but those are too big for hints.
Ah yes I know, since you told me that before as well but I didn't learn. :)
JudasIscariot: Because NDA, that's why :P
Wishbone: So the whole "release in batches of 6 games at a time and keep everything, especially release dates and game titles, a deep dark secret from the people whose money we want" is the official plan from the clever heads at the Disney marketing department? Good to know.

Well, not knowing that this was coming, I'm flat broke right now, so I won't be buying any of the games from this batch right now. Seeing how that means I'll miss the introductory discount, I probably won't be buying any of them in the near future either. Great marketing strategy. Good job getting my money, Disney. Well done.
Due to the fact that these are older games we have to test them thoroughly, fix them as necessary, and then re-test everything.

Look, I know you have a beef with us not revealing the dates and all with these games but do note that with the Disney games everything has to be perfect or as close to perfect as possible*. Also, if we put these up in the Upcoming tab and something didn't work somewhere with any of these games then we, GOG, would have to deal with an angry community demanding those games right now.

*this does not mean that other games don't get a perfect or close to perfect release.
Johnmourby: Galactic Battlegrounds Saga looks cool. Some people are comparing it to Age of Empires 2 which is cool because I adore Age of Empires 2 (I started replaying it last night infact). But I don't think I want to buy 2 Sci-Fi RTS game at once. So shoud I go for GBS or Infested Planet?
I bought both anyway :) I´m passionate about isometric RTS from late 90´s/early 2000´s, so I couln´t resist (like tinyE). And to turn things worse, both are sci-fi themed! Oh dang, a laser saber just cut my wallet...
Amazing releases and congratz on deal with Lucas/Disney. I still haven´t watched all StarWars movies (don´t throw tomatoes please), but I´m a fan of the sci-fi themed media and shouldn´t let that pass, plus to give you support and show publishers that bringing classic games drm-free is a win-win situation. Keep the good work, already awaiting for the next batch of games if I can amount some coins to cover them...
Post edited January 20, 2015 by tokisto
rtcvb32: Maybe... I just keep thinking back to the games I've played before and they felt a little lackluster... KotoR, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars heros... Yeah fun to a certain degree, but the Bioware's KotoR always felt a little... odd. Maybe it was the facial animations, or maybe it was the 3 predictable options everywhere in dialog... or something...

Although I loved the Clone Wars tv series until it was cut, the the movies although fun to watch never quite grabbed me. I don't know.
I think Star Wars fans are just thrilled to see the Universe expanded in whatever way, whether it's games or cartoons... so if the material isn't 100% perfect, we're not going to complain... other than those 3 prequels, and the broadsword-crossguard-sabre thing... and... some other stuff.
Oh my God, yes, Yes, YES, YES!!! I saw this and jumped up out of my chair and did a dance of joy!!! (Good thing no one was around or they'da thought I was NUTS!) Cannot wait to get some more money next week so I can BUY THEM ALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU GOG, and THANK YOU Disney!!!
*Twitches slightly at the vague hope of playing Star wars Supremacy again."

I have no shame.
RadonGOG: What the heck? At least the edition sold in Germany clearly isn´t!
JudasIscariot: Newsflash: Germany is not DRM free! :O
Could this mean The Force Unleashed in 40 hours?

Oh I hope so.
Post edited January 20, 2015 by opticq
JudasIscariot: Newsflash: Germany is not DRM free! :O
opticq: Could this mean The Force Unleashed in 40 hours?
Don't ask me, I have my brain wiped before I leave the office MiB-style :P
I saw Galactic Battlegrounds, I bought Galactic Battlegrounds.

My CD version disappeared awhile ago and I am so happy to have a copy of this game again!

Time to download and see what's included. .yea, I purchased it that fast I didn't even look so see what else, If anything, is included.
DireRabbit: I saw Galactic Battlegrounds, I bought Galactic Battlegrounds.

My CD version disappeared awhile ago and I am so happy to have a copy of this game again!

Time to download and see what's included. .yea, I purchased it that fast I didn't even look so see what else, If anything, is included.
2 manuals and the tech trees :)
Reference material is always a good thing, especially when you haven't played the game in awhile. :D

DireRabbit: I saw Galactic Battlegrounds, I bought Galactic Battlegrounds.

JudasIscariot: 2 manuals and the tech trees :)
THANKSSS GOGGG :)
Dang.. And I wasn't even planning on buying any more games for a while. The problem is, the temptation to buy Galactic Battlegrounds (a old favorite of mine that I used to play with my old clan back in the day), is way too strong to resist I think. Nice releases GOG and thank you, I'll have to pick up the rest later on. Can't wait to see the next batch of games. Just make sure I don't see Jedi Knight fixed for modern systems or Rebellion in the next batch or I'm doomed.
gogs 2nd wave, so the empire strikes back hmm?

thanks gog
Those are great additions to the catalogue.

And I don't really need info beforehand or hints or anything, just release the games when everything is ready. That works well for me.