It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucasfilm strikes back.

January 27:
It's been a long weekend for Star Wars™ fans among us. Today marks the return of Lucasfilm on GOG.com: WAVE II, with the final batch of three Star Wars™ titles:

A 20% launch discount awaits those who join the fight against the dark side in the next 72-hours with three new releases:
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
<i>Star Wars&trade;</i> Republic Commando
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Starfighter&trade;

As the Wave II timer ticks down to a zero for the last time, one of the most exciting weeks in the history of GOG.com comes to a close. We couldn't be happier with the series of amazing titles we added to our catalog this week, and we're proud to have teamed up with ©Disney Interactive to finally restore six iconic Star Wars™ games back into the hands of gamers exclusively on GOG.com.

January 22:
The time is now! Lucasfilm strikes back with three more Star Wars™ classics available now on GOG.com! This means the exclusive GOG.com digital premiere of two more spacefaring titles:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Rogue Squadron - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Rebellion - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Empire at War: Gold Pack is now also available for purchase, DRM-free with a 72-hour, 20% launch discount!

The timer is still ticking, so stay tuned for one more reveal from ©Disney Interactive and GOG.com!

January 20:
A long time ago in a galaxy near you, ©Disney Interactive and <B>GOG.com</B> teamed up to bring you the holy grail of classic gaming: six Lucasfilm cult-classics were added to our DRM-free catalog, including three titles which saw their digital premiere on GOG.com. We also made a promise to bring you many more cult-classics in the future and, believe us, we did not forget.

Today, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Alliance&trade; - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Battlefront&trade; II
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Dark Forces
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade; II: The Sith Lords&trade;

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade;
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade;
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition

Our Lucasfilm/Disney is made that much more impressive today thanks to our team-up with ©Disney Interactive. The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning. We're not saying more right now, but we know the wait will be worth it for six great reasons - keep watching the front page and stay tuned for more exciting Lucasfilm titles releasing on GOG.com when the timer strikes zero!
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Konrad
scage: Are these the CD-ROM versions everyone really wanted with the October 2014? I'm referring to X-Wing and Tie Fighter games.
the CD-rom versions are for DOS. They are the "talkie" versions with the midi music that is superior. Never more thankful I have a Steam account.
*checks promo*
*checks Steam library for games. Verifies bottom 3 are in Steam account.*
*buys 3 first digital releases*
Just seen email from GOG about this and it says at the bottom of the page;

6 more Star Wars games coming this Thursday and next week. Stay Tuned"

I hope this deal wasn't just for Star Wars, there were other LucasArts titles that existed you know!!!
Post edited January 20, 2015 by Rosstifer1712
At least the bluepost clearly hints to a good long wait for more adventures I'll chalk this up under uninteresting.
Well, after an eternity of hell with the checkout, finally managed to purchase KOTOR II
oh boy oh boy oh boy

I now have about $60 of Star Wars games wishlisted. If I'm a very good boy and I'm careful with my money then maybe next month they will be mine.
Rosstifer1712: Just seen email from GOG about this and it says at the bottom of the page;

"6 more Star Wars games coming this Thursday and next week. Stay Tuned"
Oh yeah, it is only Star Wars on Thursday...

Why won't you let me buy Monkey Island 2 GOG? :'(
Enebias: Announcement: today I'm officially assuming the role of "spoilsport"! :P

Great day for any Star Wars fan, but personally none of those titles catch my eye. I would have preferred to see the Lucasarts' adventure classics (the remaining Moneky Island ttiles, Full Throttle, The Dig, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, The Last Crusade...), but I guess there is still time for those. One cannot have everything all at once! I'm already satisfied with Grim Fandango.
With my maximum respect for the franchise, I still hope that in the next batches there will be less Star Wars.
The next batch will be ALL STAR WARS in case no one has received the email.

So by my calculations that'll bring us to 18 titles, leaving not much room for further titles.

So no Monkey Island 3 or 4, Afterlife, Outlaws, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine or Last Crusade or Emperor's Tomb, Full Throttle, The Dig, Loom, or any of the other non-Star Wars titles.

Hopefully though the 20 are just the first guaranteed titles and there will be more. I'm still hoping for Rogue Squadron in the next Star Wars lot though (yes, which WAS a PC game too).
If only we could get some Star Trek games to balance things out :) Just imagine release day like that with Bridge Commander, Final Unity, Borg, Armada, Elite Force and Away Team.
Would love that, but no chance. Unlike Star Wars which had one publisher that owned the license, Star Trek was licensed everywhere so you'd have to wade through all the rights problems to make it work.
Boo, more adventure games!
A bit too much Star Wars titles for my taste (Full Throttle in multi-language pleae). But I am interested in Dark Forces (and Jedi Knight if that will be available). However I never managed to get DF to run in my NVidia GTX650Ti Card without massive graphic glitches - has GOG patched the game or is it out of the box with just some dosbox tweaks. In that case it will certainly not run on my rig.
Post edited January 20, 2015 by MarkoH01
Star Wars™ Galactic Battlegrounds?
Awesome.

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II?
Holy shit! I did not expect that one to pop up here. At all.

Star™ Wars™: Dark™ Force™s?™
Yes. Yes! YES!
Seriously, this might actually be the first game in a long time I'll buy at full price as soon as I get the chance.

Let us celebrate this glorious day in an appropriate manner!
tinyE: My hats off to GameSpot. I thought they were just Steam fanboys.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/classic-star-wars-games-now-available-on-gog-com/1100-6424738/
They did the same thing when the initial group of LA games were released...

They also did an extensive interview with GOG that was the first major hint that LA was coming. It's referenced in the article you linked.
Post edited January 20, 2015 by yyahoo
This is awesome news. Too bad I am tight on money and have a huge backlog, but most of those are going to the wishlist, they will not escape. :) Now how to make that counter go down faster...
WalterwickJack: Thanks GOG!!! :)

Sometimes...dreams do come true.
[...]
G-Doc: When you wish upon a star... ;-)
Dreaming, while wishing upon a star... If only the movies could get added...
Wow, I just received an email notification on this and I look forward to buying all of these!

I really have to get a joystick.

Thank you so much gog.com you are amazing! And what fortuitous incident it was that Disney bought Lucasarts - because it seems they have a far better sense of what to do with that IP than its previous owners.
Isn't the May the Fourth today? Lot of SW all around^^