It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just wanted to say thanks for the list, nice to future proof at least some of my games.
And another round of games that are working - available on Windows only:
- Adventures of Shuggy
- eXceed - Gun Bullet Children
- eXceed 2nd - Vampire REX
- eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package
- Satazius
I just tested them, and both of the expansion packs to the original F.E.A.R. -- Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate -- are DRM-free, but the original F.E.A.R. game itself doesn't seem to be. It tries to start without Steam, but Steam launches anyway. I'm going to have to try it on a machine that doesn't have Steam installed to see if it actually launches.
pedrovay2003: I just tested them, and both of the expansion packs to the original F.E.A.R. -- Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate -- are DRM-free, but the original F.E.A.R. game itself doesn't seem to be. It tries to start without Steam, but Steam launches anyway. I'm going to have to try it on a machine that doesn't have Steam installed to see if it actually launches.
Oh, do that for us please! Let´s hope...
pedrovay2003: [...] It tries to start without Steam, but Steam launches anyway. I'm going to have to try it on a machine that doesn't have Steam installed to see if it actually launches.
For a quick test, I just rename the steam.exe to test if games can start without launching steam. When they crash, it seems not so. Otherwise I have nothing to complain :) Till now it's somewhat effective but I don't think this can replace the testing on a steam-free machine.
pedrovay2003: I just tested them, and both of the expansion packs to the original F.E.A.R. -- Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate -- are DRM-free, but the original F.E.A.R. game itself doesn't seem to be. It tries to start without Steam, but Steam launches anyway. I'm going to have to try it on a machine that doesn't have Steam installed to see if it actually launches.
tokisto: Oh, do that for us please! Let´s hope...
Unfortunately, even without Steam installed, it doesn't work. It's so weird... The multiplayer portion of the game, which isn't even available anymore, launches just fine. The single player .exe just won't do it, even if you start the multiplayer .exe and choose to switch to single player from within the game itself.
pedrovay2003: [...] It tries to start without Steam, but Steam launches anyway. I'm going to have to try it on a machine that doesn't have Steam installed to see if it actually launches.
Kick-aha: For a quick test, I just rename the steam.exe to test if games can start without launching steam. When they crash, it seems not so. Otherwise I have nothing to complain :) Till now it's somewhat effective but I don't think this can replace the testing on a steam-free machine.
...That would have been so much easier. I'll be reinstalling Steam if you need me. :P
Post edited November 14, 2013 by pedrovay2003
I'm downloading F.E.A.R as I write this, glad they added the first game in that bundle.

Also, Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection is DRM free but still requires GFWL installed to be able to play.

If you don't want to install the full GFWL package do the following:

1. Extract the "gfwlivesetup.exe" with 7zip.

2. Install "dotNetFx40" (you may already have this installed, check before installing otherwise skip this step).

3. Install "wllogin_32" or "wllogin_64" (depending on your OS) <- if this fails to install make sure your "Windows Update" Service is enabled, you can disable it once the installation is done, it's not needed to play the game.

4. Install "xLiveRedist" and you're done.

I've tested this on 2 different machines in single player mode and all 3 MK games and worked fine in offline mode. Haven't tested online (as I doubt GFWL still works so I haven't bothered).
Post edited November 14, 2013 by Ganni1987
Ganni1987: Haven't tested online (as I doubt GFWL still works so I haven't bothered).
GfWL still works... or "works" as well as it ever did anyway. I think it's around June next year that they're shutting it down.
Ganni1987: [...]
Also, Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection is DRM free but still requires GFWL installed to be able to play.
[...]
I don't get this completely. What should a "not full" GfWL package be? And when it's "not full" installed, is GfWL still required to play the games? If so, we can't add them to the list, because only games without DRM (or other nasty thingies) and without Steamworks (more likely the don't crash without Steam) are collected here.

If you don't want to install the full GFWL package do the following:

1. Extract the "gfwlivesetup.exe" with 7zip.

2. Install "dotNetFx40" (you may already have this installed, check before installing otherwise skip this step).

3. Install "wllogin_32" or "wllogin_64" (depending on your OS) <- if this fails to install make sure your "Windows Update" Service is enabled, you can disable it once the installation is done, it's not needed to play the game.

4. Install "xLiveRedist" and you're done.

I've tested this on 2 different machines in single player mode and all 3 MK games and worked fine in offline mode. Haven't tested online (as I doubt GFWL still works so I haven't bothered).
Your solution did not work for me. When I am logged on steam which is all the time it keeps wanting me to log into GFWL unforunately. Til WB removes GFWL from this themselves it will not be free of it.
GeneralChaosZ: Your solution did not work for me. When I am logged on steam which is all the time it keeps wanting me to log into GFWL unforunately. Til WB removes GFWL from this themselves it will not be free of it.
You could try xliveless or GFWL Disabler. They were made for other games, but might work here. Might.
Ganni1987: [...]
[...]
Kick-aha: I don't get this completely. What should a "not full" GfWL package be? And when it's "not full" installed, is GfWL still required to play the games? If so, we can't add them to the list, because only games without DRM (or other nasty thingies) and without Steamworks (more likely the don't crash without Steam) are collected here.
My bad, didn't mean to confuse anyone with the whole gfwl package thing, Was trying to help people avoid installing unnecessary trash in their pc's, I've attached a screenshot to explain the whole thing better.

Sorry that this game doesn't make it to the list.

Keep in mind though: Even if the game requires GFWL components, you can create an offline account and it works perfectly fine for single player mode.

EDIT:

@GeneralChaosZ: You can create an offline account which doesn't require you to fill any email forms or an internet connection at all. Without GFWL this game doesn't work at all (and I don't think they'll remove it), with an offline account on the other hand you know you can always enjoy it whenever you want, even when GFWL dies entirely. :-)
Attachments:
gfwl.jpg (192 Kb)
Post edited November 16, 2013 by Ganni1987
Ganni1987: Keep in mind though: Even if the game requires GFWL components, you can create an offline account and it works perfectly fine for single player mode.
Most GFWL games use it in this way, very few use the DRM component.

As far as I'm concerned, requiring an install of an extra (bundled) application (that, in the end, doesn't call home anyway) like that is no worse than bundling, say, dotNET Framework, VisualC Runtime and/or DirectX. Even if the application in question is an artificial requirement rather than technology actually used to build the game.
An offline account, huh? I didn't know, that existed. I only played AoEO and Dark Souls as games with GfWL and I think they do require an account. Or I just don't get GfWL - it's so anti-intuitive and awful and every time i forget my hastily created login :)
Maybe it's worth to add some GfWL games that can be played offline without any account, but I'm not fully convinced it's the same evil as dependencies due to engine, programming language and needed libraries.
We could add a separated (extended) list with a big disclaimer for such titles =)

Edit:
I'm wondering if the title of our List of DRM-free games on Steam is not a bit misleading. Maybe it would be better to rename it into a "launcher-free list" and split the games up into different tables like "No DRM", "GfWL offline mode", "Official Patch required" and so on. But I don’t want to decide on myself.
Post edited November 16, 2013 by Kick-aha
Also add Silent Hill: Homecoming

This one doesn't require steam or anything else open, just run the exe from the bin folder.