It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nicole28: P.S Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Shadowrun Returns will contain Steamworks CEG or without?
They turned the game around from being generally available DRM-free, to DRM-free only being for the original backers. Those were the terms of the Kickstarter contract, so they are holding to exactly that and no more. The DRM-free downloads are promised to never get any expansion packs or DLC, backers will still have to use the Steam release to ever get those. I think it's safe to say that Shadowrun will get full DRM anywhere that it isn't specifically contractually obligated not to. If you keep asking, they just might throw in GFWL too ;)
FWIW Apparently Legends of Dawn (drm free copy is oddly yet to be available) on steam , seems to launch and run without steam in the background....
Post edited July 04, 2013 by nijuu
I would assume since Microsoft is insisting on DRM for Shadowrun it will require Steam to run. Would love to be surprised on that, however.
Papo & Yo looks pretty darn DRM free to me.

The Cave for Mac is DRM free, while the Windows version still needs Steam. Maybe DoubleFine does this for most of their releases?

Stacking for Mac is DRM free, haven't checked Windows.

Under the Ocean (Mac) DRM free, haven't checked Win.

Super House of Dead Ninjas has been mentioned as DRM Free, but it appears to depend on Steam to save your game. Sneaky.
Post edited July 13, 2013 by pen_sq
Don't know if this has been said already, but the Dreamcast Collection games are DRM-free on Steam.
does anyone know for 100% sure that Mini Ninjas doesnt have securom, on the Steam version?

because if its bought from the Square-Enix store, and a few other non-Steam stores, it has securom. so, find it weird that it wouldnt have an extra layer of DRM, especially since it can be launched without Steam (especially since this game is from a publisher that puts DRM on a lot of their games, or at least used to). just because a game can be launched without Steam, doesnt mean its totally DRM free.

want to be 100% sure before buy it, while its on sale.
Great list!

Mars: War Logs should be DRM free, I managed to start the game with my firefall blocking everything and Steam didn't even bother to open, I think, but I will try to verify it by coping the game my guest user account.
I understand Kerbal Space Program is DRM-free through Steam.
pen_sq: The Cave for Mac is DRM free, while the Windows version still needs Steam. Maybe DoubleFine does this for most of their releases?
So it is for the Linux version, as far as I can tell.

Is it possible to update the original post ? Or the author isn't active anymore ?
pen_sq: The Cave for Mac is DRM free, while the Windows version still needs Steam. Maybe DoubleFine does this for most of their releases?
Idlusen: So it is for the Linux version, as far as I can tell.

Is it possible to update the original post ? Or the author isn't active anymore ?
He is no longer active here.
Hi, anyone know about drm status of oddworld series on steam market?
Hey folks,
I started a wikia page (steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games) for this list, since the author is inactive here. The list could stay current an alive there, that's what I hope.
Yeah, the text there is somewhat copied from here, I hope the author has nothing against that :)
I don't have that much time to complete the list on my own so if anybody wants to add something - that would be great. The list on wikia should also be more precise, so I added extra columns for different OSs, since there are sometimes discrepances.
Kick-aha: Hey folks,
I started a wikia page (steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games) for this list, since the author is inactive here. The list could stay current an alive there, that's what I hope.
Yeah, the text there is somewhat copied from here, I hope the author has nothing against that :)
I don't have that much time to complete the list on my own so if anybody wants to add something - that would be great. The list on wikia should also be more precise, so I added extra columns for different OSs, since there are sometimes discrepances.
Appreciate you taking the time to do that.
How can these games be called DRM-free, if they still need the Steam Client for installation...
Shagon: How can these games be called DRM-free, if they still need the Steam Client for installation...
Because the games themselves require neither Steam nor an internet connection, and can thus simply be copied to another computer you own and played from there (without hunting for cracks or DRM workarounds).

Meaning: you can treat Steam as just a "downloader", not necessarily a "client", for these games.
Post edited August 05, 2013 by Maighstir