It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've got another triple-A catch: Alpha Protocol. The launcher uses CEG, the game executable does not (and Uniloc was patched out).

Question: I got the information about Serious Sam 2 from Skunk and I don't have the game; is that SS2 or SSHD: The Second Encounter? Or possibly both? This franchise has always confused me. So please, someone double-check the Serious Sam games.
bazilisek: I've got another triple-A catch: Alpha Protocol. The launcher uses CEG, the game executable does not (and Uniloc was patched out).

Question: I got the information about Serious Sam 2 from Skunk and I don't have the game; is that SS2 or SSHD: The Second Encounter? Or possibly both? This franchise has always confused me. So please, someone double-check the Serious Sam games.
Serious Sam HD first and second encounter requires the client to run. Serious Sam 2 is DRM free.
amok: Serious Sam HD first and second encounter requires the client to run. Serious Sam 2 is DRM free.
Thank you.
does doom 3 count because the retail patch replaces the doom3 exe
nevermind didn't read what the op said right :(
Post edited September 18, 2012 by andytheGamer
New batch of games:

Confirmed DRM free:
Time Gentlemen, Please
Trapped Dead (Where did I get this from? it do not look to bad)

These needs Steam running:
AirMech (is this still in Alpha?)
Bunch of Heroes
Burn zombie burn
Caster
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Dustforce
Floras Fruit Farm
Fortix
Front Mission Evolved
Gish
Gothic series (I, II, III, Forsaken Gods and ArcaniA)
The Last Remnant
Osmos
Project Snowblind
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Risen (also have Tages, if I am not mistaken...)
Rochard
Rogue Trooper
Scorgasm
Shdowgrounds + S: Survivor
Shatter
Syberia
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Torchlight (but TorchEd works fine without Steam)
Trine
Vessel

(soon running out of Steam games to test....)
Post edited September 18, 2012 by amok
amok: New batch of games:
Thanks. I ran through about a dozen myself today, but no new findings. I still have some huge downloads ahead of me, though.

(And AFAIK, Risen had Tages patched out.)
By the way, I may be a bit slow - but I figured out the strange naming of the All Zombies must die exe. It is from the same makers as Burn Zombie burn, so the bzb2 part in there is then means it is really the sequel I guess... oh well, another of life's mysteries solved.
If anyone wants to help, I've thrown together a pastebin of all games we have already tested and which came out as positive (i.e. DRMed). It's not a curated list; I just removed duplicates and sorted it alphabetically. I'll update it every once in a while.

The pastebin is here and I'll add a link to the first post as well.
I am 100% sure, you can add "Puzzle Quest 2" to the list :)
amok: snip
Doesn't invisible war have to be patched with the retail fix before it is DRM free?

And incase you missed my last edit, Munch Oddysee is fully DRM free too
Post edited September 18, 2012 by sloganvirst
amok: snip
sloganvirst: Doesn't invisible war have to be patched with the retail fix before it is DRM free?

And incase you missed my last edit, Munch Oddysee is fully DRM free too
Invisible War patched out the Unilock DRM, I think, it still need Steams CEG to run
This is absolutely fantastic. I can't even explain to you how happy I am that this list exists.
Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Rayman Origins is another DRM-free Steam game. (I don't have the game myself, but if you do a quick Google search, you'll see that multiple people have said this, and the demo is the same way.)
pedrovay2003: Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Rayman Origins is another DRM-free Steam game. (I don't have the game myself, but if you do a quick Google search, you'll see that multiple people have said this, and the demo is the same way.)
I can confirm that. Rayman Origins works without Steam or Uplay.

Edit: I can also confirm that it's awesome, and anyone who hasn't already got it should go buy it now.
Post edited September 19, 2012 by MonstaMunch
pedrovay2003: Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Rayman Origins is another DRM-free Steam game. (I don't have the game myself, but if you do a quick Google search, you'll see that multiple people have said this, and the demo is the same way.)
MonstaMunch: I can confirm that. Rayman Origins works without Steam or Uplay.

Edit: I can also confirm that it's awesome, and anyone who hasn't already got it should go buy it now.
I got it dirt-cheap recently at Best Buy on the Wii, and I completely agree, the game is just amazing. I can't believe that this game, of all games, is DRM-free on Steam, considering who it's coming from. Here's to hoping they keep this up.