It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

apehater: NEWS (this should be added to the trading rules, for very good reasons):

in case an unknown trader asks you to get him g2a, kinguin.net and the like keys in exchange for his offer, you should be on alert. its most probably a scam.

edit: bundlestars goes on the list too
JunglePredator: Why would bundlestars be bad?
I've bought about 12 or so bundles from them & they seem legitimate as indiegala or groupees.
they are, thats not the problem. you can buy there games for yourself. but be on alert if an unknown, suspicious user asks you to buy him g2a, kinguin.net and the like or bundlestars keys in exchange for his offer. its most probably a scam.
low rated
JunglePredator: Why would bundlestars be bad?
I've bought about 12 or so bundles from them & they seem legitimate as indiegala or groupees.
apehater: they are, thats not the problem. you can buy there games for yourself. but be on alert if an unknown, suspicious user asks you to buy him g2a, kinguin.net and the like or bundlestars keys in exchange for his offer. its most probably a scam.
k, cool.

G2A I can kinda understand. Never heard of kinguin but how would the scam with bundlestars actually work?
JunglePredator: ... how would the scam with bundlestars actually work?
its not important how and i don't intend to post manuals for new scammers. just remember what i posted, in case you get a strange offer
Post edited June 10, 2016 by apehater
low rated
JunglePredator: ... how would the scam with bundlestars actually work?
apehater: its not important how and i don't intend to post manuals for new scammers. just remember what i posted, in case you get a strange offer
Can you PM how it happens please?
Having worked in retail & the like I find it interesting how they work but lack the ability to dream up stuff like that myself... My trainer would have actually had to deal with more security issues if he hadn't taken the time to explain some of the retail scams. (Kind nice... the store I worked for had a REAL security guard... certified allowed to arrest people legally... not like the walmart greeters.)
low rated
park_84.: Just do a chargeback.. I guess?
pferreira1983: How do I do that?
I'm not sure.. I think you have to contact your bank
I've never done that before but i remember scammers used to buy humble bundle gift links and they sold the keys and revoked the games by doing a credit chargeback (they used paypal though)
pferreira1983: How do I do that?
park_84.: I'm not sure.. I think you have to contact your bank
I've never done that before but i remember scammers used to buy humble bundle gift links and they sold the keys and revoked the games by doing a credit chargeback (they used paypal though)
So through Pay Pal I could get money back if I logged a chargeback? Interesting...
high rated
pferreira1983: So through Pay Pal I could get money back if I logged a chargeback? Interesting...
Just a heads up - you seem unaware of the fact that you're conversing with a scammer, a scammer who impersonates old-time users; this time it's park_84. (notice the dot at the end), impersonating user park_84 (no dot at the end). He's also using their avatar to pass as the real users when scamming people through chat, but due to a forum bug it doesn't show here unless they're being quoted, and exploits the real users' good standing as proof of being legit.
low rated
park_84.:
pferreira1983:
HypersomniacLive is telling you the gods truth.
low rated
So what? I didn't try to scam him, just trying to help him lol
Idiots
low rated
Notice he didn't deny it. :P
low rated
Yeah i'm not denying it. I scam people. So what?
I didn't try to scam him :)
I'm spending some of my time trying to help him :)
park_84.: I'm spending some of my time trying to help him :)
Sure, first you help him to gain his trust, and then you scam him like usual.
A scammer offended because he's not believed -_-'
Post edited June 11, 2016 by phaolo
apehater: its not important how and i don't intend to post manuals for new scammers. just remember what i posted, in case you get a strange offer
JunglePredator: Can you PM how it happens please?
Having worked in retail & the like I find it interesting how they work but lack the ability to dream up stuff like that myself... My trainer would have actually had to deal with more security issues if he hadn't taken the time to explain some of the retail scams. (Kind nice... the store I worked for had a REAL security guard... certified allowed to arrest people legally... not like the walmart greeters.)
Here's how it happens...it's called the bait and switch. So you buy keys for him. He then comes back and insists you send him the games first for whatever reason. Now, since you already invested money into games you probably aren't all that interested in, you are more inclined to trust him, lest you get stuck with these keys you don't really want.

It doesn't matter what store you buy the keys from, what matters is the scammer never intends to send you the keys he promised in the first place. This is obscured by all the "details".

The short story is that as soon as you spend money on it, you get "hooked" by the scam. Same thing the Nigerian scams do. Once you spent some of your money, you become more likely to waste more good money after bad...
pferreira1983: So through Pay Pal I could get money back if I logged a chargeback? Interesting...
HypersomniacLive: Just a heads up - you seem unaware of the fact that you're conversing with a scammer, a scammer who impersonates old-time users; this time it's park_84. (notice the dot at the end), impersonating user park_84 (no dot at the end). He's also using their avatar to pass as the real users when scamming people through chat, but due to a forum bug it doesn't show here unless they're being quoted, and exploits the real users' good standing as proof of being legit.
Thanks for letting me know. Feel free to put this guy on the scammer list next to that idiot Lesly009.
Post edited June 11, 2016 by pferreira1983
RWarehall: ...
this makes sense too, but as i said there is a good reason, why that scammer asked to get the keys from the shops that i mentioned.