It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
rodrolliv: But then the chat wouldn't be Galaxy-friendly, which clearly is the priority here.
Are you saying that all and every change has been made because of the absolutely optional GOG client, which would not change our experience here?! How dare you?!? GOG has repeatedly denied it!

On a side note - is this the new reality then, Galaxy-friendly scams?
Post edited December 15, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: Since they don't forbid trading, the least they could do is not make it easier to get scammed.
They don't forbit it ; because of the gifts codes....... the captcha thingy is just a joke in response to the actual issue at hand >.<

although, not acting when you have proof of scammers activities

a - they don't really care
b - incompetence
c - work in progress labelled "coming soon" but"top secret"

pick your choice....
Post edited December 15, 2015 by DyNaer
high rated
DyNaer: They don't forbit it ; because of the gifts codes....... the captcha thingy is just a joke in response to the actual issue at hand >.<

although, not acting when you have proof of scammers activities

a - they don't really care
b - incompetence
c - work in progress labelled "coming soon" but"top secret"

pick your choice....
I'll go with top men said to be working on top secret stuff coming soon™. Yep, seems to cover everything.
Cyraxpt: 2 - People learn it the hard way, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.".
tinyE: Or if you are George Bush, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice....fool....can't get fooled again."
I miss him sometimes if only for these little nuggets of wisdom :)
HypersomniacLive: I'll go with top men said to be working on top secret stuff coming soon™. Yep, seems to cover everything.
We need to call 007 to uncover the thruth :o
Klumpen0815: Actually, although I usually nag a lot about stuff GoG does or doesn't, this is entirely our problem and we should be thankful, that they do let us trade amongst ourselves right here in their shop at all.
HypersomniacLive: IMHO, it's not entirely our problem. GOG's choice to remove basic user info, like registration date and rep, and switching to all capitals when they introduced the NAS, removed a small but handy tool we had to quickly check those contacting us in private, hence they actually facilitated getting deceived and scammed via PM.

Since they don't forbid trading, the least they could do is not make it easier to get scammed.

Klumpen0815: [...]

Imagine you own a shop for video games on a sidewalk with probably some small coffee tables for chit-chat in the corner.
Now imagine people are constantly coming in without buying anything but rather for trading amonst themselves.
What would you think about it, when those are saying "Hey, there are some assholes coming here on are regular basis trying to ruin our little trading corner, we want you to do something about it."

It's a really awkward situation from all perspectives.
HypersomniacLive: [emphasis added]

That's not a good analogy though, nor is it accurate - those offering GOG games in trades do buy them here.

Crewdroog: That is the first lesson you learn at community management courses, "Ignore, ignore, ignore". Durr ;)
HypersomniacLive: Imagine the sort of character it takes to be able to accept and apply that...
I know, I'd be perfect!
*waves at gog* ooo-ooo-ooo pick me, pick me!
high rated
Crewdroog: I miss him sometimes [...]
Definitely get that looked at we spoke of earlier.

Crewdroog: I know, I'd be perfect!
*waves at gog* ooo-ooo-ooo pick me, pick me!
At least you'd be fun, and throw a poem in from time to time.

DyNaer: We need to call 007 to uncover the thruth :o
I'm afraid that even 007 would be over his head with GOG. ;-)
Cyraxpt:
I missed you..... If you see Snowkatt in your travels... Tell her to stop by.
Crewdroog: lol the community manager. she's as useless and tits on a bull. I messaged her about some real bugs happening on gog (chat crashes) and she never even had the courtesy to say, "ok". It was only until I messaged Judas that anything got done. thank god for judas, seriously.
I thought Judas is the community manager.
A while ago, some female user that seemed to be GoG's Twitch mod (I've never been on Twitch, does the original community here not count anymore?) posted a list of her favourite games which where all console and not on GoG, which surprised me a bit since I've never seen her around and she didn't seem to fit here at all. Do you mean her?
Post edited December 15, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: I thought Judas is the community manager.
A while ago, some female user that seemed to be GoG's Twitch mod (I've never been on Twitch, does the original community here not count anymore?) posted a list of her favourite games which where all console and not on GoG, which surprised me a bit since I've never seen her around and she didn't seem to fit here at all. Do you mean her?
What? Judas is not the community manager? What kind of scrambled bollocks is this? I demand a mutiny to put him in that position.
I could imagine that some scammers who are reading this are laughing very much now to see how helpless all their prey is.

I am pretty sure that GOG won't do anything about it because they already said "do it at your own risc". Why should they do anymore than that? The thing GOG is doing is selling games and giving support to them. That is their main business and everything else is kind of a bonus or incentive for people to buy here.

So GOG won't help and I would say we should simply continue to list as many scammers here as we can find and everybody who is trading on a regular basis should know where to look. Trading can backfire so be careful before you do it.
Klumpen0815: I thought Judas is the community manager.
HijacK: What? Judas is not the community manager? What kind of scrambled bollocks is this? I demand a mutiny to put him in that position.
Afaik he is product manager (in case anybody is interested).
Post edited December 15, 2015 by MarkoH01
And Ciris is PR. Neither of them are in charge of making the decisions or fixing the problems, but they're active around here and can pass the info and feedback to the appropriate people. Because other 'blues' will simply block you when you try to reach them via chat.
Tauto: The best way to gain experience in life is to learn it the hard way as there are no shortcuts.I don't endorse scammers but instead believe it to be a good lesson and for some a hard one.
No. The best way to deal with a scammer is to write to your bank asking them to GIVE YOU BACK YOUR MONEY OR CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT!!
Post edited December 15, 2015 by ZFR
ZFR: (snip)
Better take a stick and beat some experience into them instead =)
Post edited December 15, 2015 by Lin545
Cyraxpt:
Emachine9643: I missed you..... If you see Snowkatt in your travels... Tell her to stop by.
If she's smart she will stay away from this Gog forsaken place! :)

rodrolliv: And Ciris is PR. Neither of them are in charge of making the decisions or fixing the problems, but they're active around here and can pass the info and feedback to the appropriate people. Because other 'blues' will simply block you when you try to reach them via chat.
If what you're saying is true then who is the community manager?

None of the less, i was under the impression that Ciris was the community manager.