It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

honx: and yes, this was my first and also LAST trade here, in future i will try to get refund.

edit: are moderators/employees from gog reading in here? does anyone know?
toxicTom: I don't know if it would be helpful if some of the trusted regulars here would offer to act as a "clearing office". Both parties send their codes to them and only if they work (can be checked without redeeming) they will pass them on.

I don't know if some GOG employee watches this thread. But you could try to catch Judas or Firek in chat, this sometimes speeds up things.
Heya Tom, can you or any other cleaners come and clean my desk as it is a mirror of my muddled head.

Cheers,
will pay in chickweed as it is abundant in my garden right now <3
you can add Nerder & nerder1 to the list of scammers, these are alts of cmmvn/Norris/Nes400.
thanks again to amirot9037 and gog support, you were a big help regarding these troubles!
Post edited September 23, 2015 by honx
honx: you can add Nerder & nerder1 to the list of scammers, these are alts of cmmvn/Norris/Nes400.
thanks again to amirot9037 and gog support, you were a big help regarding these troubles!
Thanks to you.
You helped us to demask these accounts.
Else I would be on this list. :)
Thank you for believing me.
high rated
Scammer / Impersonator alert

I was contacted by a lowlife pretending to be Ingsoc85 (chat name INGSOC85).

This lowlife had chatname INGS0C85, thus a zero instead of an O.

He wanted to trade for 4 games (this is typical of scammers i believe, getting a big haul of 4 games instead of only 1 game usually trader would want).

Message for GOGstaff:
please change the chatsystem!!!
i want the chatsystem to:
-show the real username, not in CAPITALS
-show rep and date of registration

GOG is really helping the scammers the way the chat system is now, its really unacceptable!
-5 rep per day. Is that what you got, NES400?
I had high hopes.
LOL :P
high rated
roelibex: Scammer / Impersonator alert

I was contacted by a lowlife pretending to be Ingsoc85 (chat name INGSOC85).

This lowlife had chatname INGS0C85, thus a zero instead of an O.

He wanted to trade for 4 games (this is typical of scammers i believe, getting a big haul of 4 games instead of only 1 game usually trader would want).

Message for GOGstaff:
please change the chatsystem!!!
i want the chatsystem to:
-show the real username, not in CAPITALS
-show rep and date of registration

GOG is really helping the scammers the way the chat system is now, its really unacceptable!
I have contacted by support and they have ban the imposter as per my request.
i attached some more bullying and threats by nes via chat in a screenshot, looks like we're on the right way
Attachments:
apehater: i attached some more bullying and threats by nes via chat in a screenshot, looks like we're on the right way
I would forward this screenshot to support. That kind of abuse should easily justify a ban.
high rated
apehater: i attached some more bullying and threats by nes via chat in a screenshot, looks like we're on the right way
toxicTom: I would forward this screenshot to support. That kind of abuse should easily justify a ban.
that wouldn't solve anything, he's just creating new accounts. we need e-mail verification and paygate to forum to get rid of this wanker. but he's actually pretty desparate, otherwise he wouldn't make this. his accounts are all uncovered including swatkat and every new account will be uncovered too.
toxicTom: I would forward this screenshot to support. That kind of abuse should easily justify a ban.
He only uses throwaway alt accounts for spewing filth and harassment, GOG support will delete one he'll just use another. Meanwhile support keeps helping him by changing the username on his main accounts which most likely actually have some games on them. Banning those would possibly have some real impact along with introducing proper email authentication for new account creation would somewhat reduce the number of alts with bogus email IDs.
Post edited September 30, 2015 by stg83
Yeah, I totalies hates you. :)

how sad that pm is.
apehater: ...
stg83: ...
I know about the alt-account problem, but I'm pretty sure GOG must have IP logs (for self-defense) that would make things harder if they really took some measures to get rid of him. I don't believe nes is clever enough to work with proxies or the Tor network. The problem is to convince GOG support that people like him are real poison to the community so they "stop banging the dog" (thanks, international idioms thread) and do something about people like this.
stg83: ...
toxicTom: I know about the alt-account problem, but I'm pretty sure GOG must have IP logs (for self-defense) that would make things harder if they really took some measures to get rid of him. I don't believe nes is clever enough to work with proxies or the Tor network. The problem is to convince GOG support that people like him are real poison to the community so they "stop banging the dog" (thanks, international idioms thread) and do something about people like this.
i'm quite surre that i don't have a fixed ip connection, it changes and that most probably because of some technical stuff at the provider
Crewdroog: ...

how sad that pm is.
*starts playing on worlds smallest violine
Post edited September 30, 2015 by apehater
apehater: i'm quite surre that i don't have a fixed ip connection, it changes and that most probably because of some technical stuff at the provider
True, but I'm pretty sure things like the "uprep-my-alt-scripts" work from a single IP address.

Actually I like the basics of the rep systems. But I think it should be more transparent. It should be publicly visible who up/down-repped a post. Many boards have this feature. Of course this defeats the "anonymity" that is required of a democratic process, but if some people rig the game, this is really for naught.
apehater: i'm quite surre that i don't have a fixed ip connection, it changes and that most probably because of some technical stuff at the provider
toxicTom: True, but I'm pretty sure things like the "uprep-my-alt-scripts" work from a single IP address.

Actually I like the basics of the rep systems. But I think it should be more transparent. It should be publicly visible who up/down-repped a post. Many boards have this feature. Of course this defeats the "anonymity" that is required of a democratic process, but if some people rig the game, this is really for naught.
paygate with minimum 25$ to access the forum, would solve many problems.