It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
OK, I just managed to add Braid and Project Zomboid through this, which were the only ones eligible (detected correctly) since I had already double-bought most of the other ones. I can confirm that this happened after I changed my profile to public from private, though I still don't see why that should be a requirement. Huh... strange are the ways of Steam API.
Very awesome indeed, thank you!
Yes, I had luck just now! GOG recognized the games I also own on Steam. I clicked on the button to add them, then after some loading an error message popped up again, but the games were already added to the library, yay!
I did it with GOG Galaxy, but it took a long while and many tries there, too. I'm not sure if you get the "no games found" message with GOG Galaxy, but you certainly get the "oops" error message.
Introducing Gog Connect!

:all of Gog crashes:
Weird it says I have no eligible games but I have Project Zomboid, Braid and Bit Trip runner on Steam. What gives?
I'm not surprised that it's hard to get in. It's a new service with one of the most well-known platforms, and everyone's doing this at once.
Post edited June 01, 2016 by Projectsonic
Is there a link to a full list of eligible games? I'd like to manually go through my Steam account to estimate which games I might be bringing over to GOG, and to peruse my unredeemed key list as well.
WE COULD'NT REACH THE SERVICE RIGHT NOW
try again later

well, it's later
I have tried several times

also, I have both Galaxy and Steam's clients open and Gog Connect still doesn't reach the service(even if it is there).
Attachments:
Matruchus: Yeah, they didn't close the store to get a few suckers to buy there but they wen't bankrupt in June 2015. Any purchase you make there is at your risk. At the moment the store is being sold for 250K with 1.9 milliion $ debt.
It's not even worth $0 as desura's rep is shot at this point.
The system appears to be too busy right now, but it's definitely an awesome idea! :-)
DCT: Weird it says I have no eligible games but I have Project Zomboid, Braid and Bit Trip runner on Steam. What gives?
System is broken at the moment. Gog sent email to everybody to try again on friday.
proxymoron: This sounds great, GOG; thanks for working on this.

Will be interested to see how this works when you combine with Steam refunds, eg. User buys GOG Connect-compatible game on Steam and claims on GOG Connect; user then requests refund on Steam, but presumably still has full access on GOG Connect.

Hopefully there are some safeguards in place for this; I know it kind of goes against "DRM-free" to ask Steam if the licence is still valid but then it goes against developer confidence if there are potentially loopholes to people getting free access to full games.
Pheace: They do state in the FAQ that they reserve the right to remove a game from GOG if it gets removed from your Steam profile at some point. The bigger question is if they're actually checking for this. (I doubt it, though long term they might do something about it once they realize people will abuse anything and the bigger titles start to hit Connect duplication)
So, do they distinguish between "games I bought on GOG that are bought separately on each platform Steam" and "the Games I got through GOG-Connect"?

I know this sound somewhat paranoid but hey thiss is the world of software licenses!

Yeah, sometimes I buy games twice on different platforms and not that I have asked for _any_ rfunds on GOG or Steam, yet.
Post edited June 01, 2016 by dyscode
Still waiting to connect my accounts. GOG keeps timing out and saying they can't reach the servers. Is that really just traffic? It's showing my accounts linked but it's not showing my avatar or available games. I just hope it didn't bug out somehow and I messed up my only chance at linking my accounts.

EDIT: Ah, just saw the note about it being broken and to try again on Fri.
Attachments:
Post edited June 01, 2016 by MusicallyInspire
stardog765: Ya finally got it to connect but it shows that I dont own the games that I do.
So must still be broke. Will try again later.
Same. lol
Btw, in case you wonder, having errors the whole time has nothing to do with the number of titles in your library -I have a whopping 6 (yes, six) games in my Steam library now and I get the errors as well...

edit- I also put everything to public so it's not that...
Post edited June 01, 2016 by Treasure