It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
AcRz7: And The Witcher 2 ?! :( :(
Here: https://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

Go to your Steam library and you should find you cd key there and insert it in to the gog.com backup page for Witcher 1 and 2.
Post edited June 11, 2016 by Matruchus
No new titles?
As great as this system is, I can't help but feel it'll end up abandoned like the previous Reclaim program, in a month or so.
SolidSnale: No new titles?
We will see if new batch of games will come on Monday.
SolidSnale: No new titles?
PainOfSalvation: We will see if new batch of games will come on Monday.
Ones that we bought over the weekend.
HunchBluntley: To get DRM-free backup copies of games you already paid the publishers for on other stores. Sometimes the GOG versions also run better, or have bonus content (like free soundtracks), too; mostly, though, people like these because they can back up their games to discs or external hard drives and never need to worry about re-downloading them, or about authenticating them online, or whatever.
mcferson: Ok, i know that. It's why a buy games on GoG first. But why linking my GoG account to my Steam account ? Is there any advantage ?
...So that GOG (and the publishers) can see whether you have their game(s) in your account to give you your free "backup" GOG copy. That's it.
The "linking" isn't used for/doesn't apply to anything other than this Connect program (so far, at least). Steam (read: Valve) is not involved in this program at all (other than having made their API available for anyone to use), and your Steam account itself won't be affected in any way by you allowing GOG to scan your Steam library.
groze: As great as this system is, I can't help but feel it'll end up abandoned like the previous Reclaim program, in a month or so.
I think the main problem with the 'Reclaim Your Games' initiative was that it was intended as a way for people to use a CD-key from a physical retail version of a game to redeem a digital download version...but that means the publisher or whoever had to have a list of valid CD-keys somewhere that they could use to verify these. I'm guessing not a lot of publishers bothered to keep that kind of information after the game's initial period of profitability passed (hell, look how many older games had their source code misplaced -- and that's a fair bit more important!). Also, the open-ended nature of that program might have turned off some publishers, too.
By contrast, this is pretty easy on the publishers: the offer to redeem each game is time-limited (which will hopefully lead to more publishers being willing to allow their games to be offered), and most of the work is done on GOG's end. Once a user's linked Steam library has been scanned and is verified to contain the game (an automated process), the user gets their game. No faffing about with codes, no photographing the box/discs of your old game and mailing them for manual verification!
flamerion: day one had a couple of games I own so I tried to sign - only succeeded in day two - 'You are queued for gog connect - Your accounts will be connected as soon as possible. Please check back later'
today still - 'You are queued for gog connect - Your accounts will be connected as soon as possible. Please check back later'

Could have been avoided by first letting all of us connect and only then change the games

Don't get me wrong I'm still grateful and well if I can't play here I'll play on steam, just hate to feel like some get better treatments than others when it should be equal I would have agreed if I wasn't still in the queue and checked on it a couple of days in a row and well still in queue
skeletonbow: It's probably worth noting that GOG probably didn't get to choose an arbitrary length of time to make these games available, it was most likely up to the publishers to decide, and I'm sure if GOG was able to do it for longer time period that they would have. It's also worth noting that the problems people experienced were almost certainly due to Steam itself as the Steam API has a limit of 100,000 API calls per day or something like that, also something GOG has no control over. GOG probably could not have anticipated the demand, and even if they could, they can't control how many API calls Steam permits them to use in a day, so there really isn't anything they could have done differently other than to choose so many thousand user accounts at random and only permit those accounts N days to it, then do it with another several thousand the next day, and get the publishers to agree to N copies per day for different waves of users or something, but that would be pretty unwieldy and probably not likely to get them to agree to that. Even then, users would complain that some people who got it early were getting preferential treatment than others that were forced to wait N days.

No matter how this was done, some people were going to be inconvenienced really.

As such it didn't work too well on launch day, and part of the next day, but it worked fine after that, it's unfortunate you weren't able to check when it was working smoothly on the 2nd day or later though. Hopefully the games do show up sometime again so you can grab them though, and hopefully as new games are added there isn't as much of a flood of users all at once.

One suggestion I have for GOG if they aren't doing it already, is to compare the games in their connect pool to what the user already owns, and if the user owns all of the games on GOG that are available through Steam connect program, then there's no point connecting to Steam to query that user's games because they own all of the ones available already so it'd be a wasted API call that could go to someone else. Also, if they cache the previous Steam API query locally in the user's account they don't have to poll Steam for that user next time the user checks - unless a user chooses "sync Steam account" to force an API query, similar to how steamgifts.com and steamcompanion.com sync and cache user game library and wishlists locally and poll once a week or so. Not sure if that's a helpful suggestion for optimizing the API access to mitigate the bottleneck, but it potentially could help.
As I have said it still doesn't work for me
It just keeps saying I'm being connected

I checked first second third fourth and fifth day
Still checking still not working

And when I said a longer period for the games I meant like you said have them available until all request to connect were done or start the connection before actually offering any games and start offering games

I actually wanted to connect my steam many times to GOG not for getting games but just because I like to connect my accounts
I also think GOG could have anticapeted it I mean it's not like they never had a rush due to free stuff being given
Attachments:
flamerion: As I have said it still doesn't work for me
It just keeps saying I'm being connected

I checked first second third fourth and fifth day
Still checking still not working

And when I said a longer period for the games I meant like you said have them available until all request to connect were done or start the connection before actually offering any games and start offering games

I actually wanted to connect my steam many times to GOG not for getting games but just because I like to connect my accounts
I also think GOG could have anticapeted it I mean it's not like they never had a rush due to free stuff being given
As has been stated many times, the Steam API has a limit of 100,000 API requests per day. I'm not intimately familiar enough with it to know if that means 100,000 connections to the service, or 100,000 actual API calls once connected, but if it is the latter then that probably means several API calls per person. Either way, this means that there is a maximum number of connections that GOG can make to Steam on a single day regardless of any amount of anticipation they may have as to the demand for the service. If 500,000 people try to use it in one day, then 400,000 or more of then will not make it through and there isn't a single thing GOG can do about that because Steam restricts the use of their API to prevent excessive abuse and overloading on their end.

That means that if demand is high from GOG, that GOG users have no option other than to keep trying and wait, or to not bother using the free service offering/promotion. That may upset some people I'm sure, but I'm unaware of any technical solution to this problem, and it has nothing to do with anticipation of problems and taking measures to ensure everyone can get through, because the presumed bottleneck is out of GOG's hands.
YOU ARE QUEUED FOR GOG CONNECT

Your accounts will be connected as soon as possible. Please check back later.

is what I get now. Somewhat odd as I already redeemed games from the original and second batch...
rolac: YOU ARE QUEUED FOR GOG CONNECT

is what I get now. Somewhat odd as I already redeemed games from the original and second batch...
Weird, I just went to the Connect page and refreshed it and it took 10-15 seconds and worked for me although sadly I have no eligible games on Steam. Perhaps they reserve API calls for Canada with a higher priority because we have lots of bacon and back bacon here, and they need bacon for their pierogies so it is a win-win situation for us/them. :)

Funny thing is, by me checking it and it working it means at least one other person that could have possibly connected and linked up some games today wont be able to thanks to me. :)
rolac: YOU ARE QUEUED FOR GOG CONNECT

Same here.
Well, I suscribed to GOG connect on day 1 and the import game list has always been empty even though I own some of eligible games.

The offer was excellent, putting a time frame on a limited API call was not.

I tested the API numerous time and none of my games ever showed up...now there are only 3 eligible games that I don't own..

Thanks for the mess.
Current 3 game offers expired in 33 minutes. Now lets just wait and see what happens. :P
PainOfSalvation: Current 3 game offers expired in 33 minutes. Now lets just wait and see what happens. :P
Result, no games at all :)