It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Excellent hand-picked games, 14-day refund policy, always DRM-free.

We want GOG.com to be the home of games that are both excellent and really worth your time.
In today's gaming world, we're seeing more and more titles that become hits before development dwindles down. We want to give you a way to enjoy what these games have to offer, a way that's comfortable and fair to you — the GOG.com way: that means evaluating each and every game, a 14-day no-questions-asked refund policy, and more.

That's why today, we're introducing the first five games in development:
Starbound (-33%)
Ashes of the Singularity (-25%)
Project Zomboid (-40%)
TerraTech (-30%)
The Curious Expedition (-15%)

The GOG.com way.
First and foremost: we're hand-picking only the games we can truly stand behind. Offering a selection of the most promising titles, and those most highly requested on the Community Wishlist, is our way of avoiding bloat and ensuring that every game will be worth your time.

It takes some confidence to discover games that are still being shaped — and to build that trust, every game in development comes with a simple refund policy: 14 days, no questions asked. It doesn't matter if you're having technical issues, if you don't think the game is sufficiently fleshed out, or if it simply doesn't click with you — all games in development can be returned for any reason within 14 days of purchase.

The GOG Galaxy client should also come in handy for games in development. It lets you control updates manually if you want, while the rollback feature allows you to easily restore any earlier version of your game if an update breaks something or makes unwanted changes. For games in development, rollback will also track and create historical snapshots throughout a game's development. That means you can always revisit any point in a game's history — for fun, or for science.

It's your call.
For those of you who prefer to wait for the final release, nothing will change. Once a game leaves active development, we will be making the announcement and giving the newest release proper exposure. Basically, business as usual.

More info.
Surely you have questions. You'll find many of the answers in the <span class="bold">games in development FAQ, including more details on the new refund policy. Our User Agreement has also been expanded to accommodate games in development — check out sections 6.12, 6.13, and 6.14 to find all the new information.

Enjoy your time with games in development!
Post edited January 28, 2016 by Konrad
RawSteelUT: (*: We'd likely need streets first...)
Maighstir: And to get The Streets, GOG would need a music section.
Haha, nice one!
I'm looking through this thread and I keep seeing the same question I have regarding this:

Where the everloving frak is Torment?
liamphoenix: I'm looking through this thread and I keep seeing the same question I have regarding this:

Petrell answered that just a few posts before yours.
liamphoenix: I'm looking through this thread and I keep seeing the same question I have regarding this:

HunchBluntley: Petrell answered that just a few posts before yours.
I know that, I still wrote it though, just in case the devs are looking at the GOG forums I'd like them to see more mentions of their game.

Honestly I probably won't buy it before release. It's not like the racing game I picked up and was able to watch evolve, the story here would end up in spoiler territory and I might have to play the same sections over several times because of bugs.

Still... If it's on Steam as early access, and the devs are smart enough to release here, it seems like it should also be in-dev as well
Given how much of a cluster-f early access has been on steam, this makes me nervous.
Heartstopper: Given how much of a cluster-f early access has been on steam, this makes me nervous.
What went wrong with Early Access on Steam? I heard now they are just accepting about anything that looks like it could be a game. So they also have a lot of crap but nobody complains. Probably the estimation of success/failure is not absolut but depends on of the result justifying the initial buzz. In that regard GOG seems to have found a nice middle ground. They actually do only promise that games in development are somewhat playable and you get the 14 days no quetion asked refund and the advertisement of games in development is kind of unobtrusive as well as the games are manually selected. That probably makes a big difference and increases chances of success. It's as good as one can make it, it only depends on if the customer likes the idea or not.
Heartstopper: Given how much of a cluster-f early access has been on steam, this makes me nervous.
Trilarion: What went wrong with Early Access on Steam? I heard now they are just accepting about anything that looks like it could be a game. So they also have a lot of crap but nobody complains. Probably the estimation of success/failure is not absolut but depends on of the result justifying the initial buzz. In that regard GOG seems to have found a nice middle ground. They actually do only promise that games in development are somewhat playable and you get the 14 days no quetion asked refund and the advertisement of games in development is kind of unobtrusive as well as the games are manually selected. That probably makes a big difference and increases chances of success. It's as good as one can make it, it only depends on if the customer likes the idea or not.
But nobody complains? Are you insane? Have you even read the forums over there? People are actually starting to make groups suggesting some sort of guideline enforcement because it's getting so bad.
Heartstopper: ...Have you even read the forums over there?...
Oh, sorry. I haven't. Most/all of my knowledge about Steam is second-hand. I only saw people here complaining about Steam Early Access in the past but not really now anymore, so I falsely assumed that now Steam has a favorable strategy. Seems, they haven't.

Still, regarding GOG's games in development feature it looks like they do a lot to ensure quality, especially with their money back guarantee. If it dies I guess it will be rather out of disinterest of the customer to become beta tester, not because of disappointments and failures of the games.
So how have people found the in dev games so far? (havent bought one yet -- there was one but i then realised it was an actual proper release lol). Cant remember if this was answered -- how regular are the standalone patch downloads for the games?
Niggles: Cant remember if this was answered -- how regular are the standalone patch downloads for the games?
Depends on the game. I've bought two of them:

The Kona devs are very active. There's at least one patch per week and they answer every single question in the game forum here on GOG.

Project Zomboid only got one update so far (but they already announced in the FAQ that they normally have one update per month and sometimes even less).