It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Phantom Liberty, a full-fledged expansion and a new spy-thriller adventure to Cyberpunk 2077, arrives on September 26th and you can still pre-order it for some sweet wheels!

Moreover, with the expansion comes a free Update 2.0 (available to download and play right now!), which brings an entirely new experience to the game. You can expect powerful new weapons, redesigned cyberware, perks, relic skill tree, new vehicles, vehicle combat, revamped police… and more – find all the details HERE!

Now, there are a couple of things that you absolutely should do to enjoy both Update 2.0 and Phantom Liberty without any issues.

First of all, to ensure that your installation of Phantom Liberty is hassle-free, it is necessary to update your game to the aforementioned 2.0 version. Doing so should prevent any issues that otherwise might occur if you’re sitting on any older version of Cyberpunk 2077. Furthermore, right now to get your copy of the game to the 2.0 version, we advise you to perform a clean reinstallation of Cyberpunk 2077.

While Backup Offline Installers reinstallation is necessary, just updating and not reinstalling the game should be possible approximately within the next 3 hours in the GOG GALAXY client. It still isn’t a recommended solution, but if you choose to do it regardless, you should follow the below steps:

Update via GOG GALAXY
If you have your copy of the game installed via GOG GALAXY client, simply head to the game page in your client’s library and click the “Update” button visibly at the top of the page. If the “Update” button is not visible for you, try restarting the GOG GALAXY client.

Please note: with the release of Update 2.0, the only other version of the game available to download will be the version 1.63.

When it comes to the Update 2.0 itself:

Please remember that the PC system requirements have been changed and the game only supports solid-state drives (SSDs). Additionally, if you're using pre-2.0 mods, it’s highly recommended to uninstall them before updating to the version 2.0. Outdated mods can disrupt the experience in many ways and, in some situations, may cause critical errors. It’s advisable to wait until the modding community updates them to the new version of the game.

One last thing to keep in mind, is that while you'll be able to continue the game with your current character on an existing save, starting a new playthrough after the Update 2.0 is also recommended. Due to the number of changes, starting fresh will enhance your overall gameplay experience.

Time to get ready for an unforgettable trip to Dogtown – check out the Update 2.0, and soon enough you’ll embark on a high-stakes mission of espionage in Phantom Liberty.
high rated
"Please note: with the release of Update 2.0, the only other version of the game available to download will be the version 1.63" says the post.

It's very essential that this version stays available as update 2.0 brings such a big increase of the system requirements.

But where is version 1.63? Under the downloads (*) in my library I can see only version 2.0 and some patches for version 1.62-1.63?

(*) of offline backup installers, why else would I use GOG if it weren't for DRM-free client-free downloads?
Post edited September 21, 2023 by DubConqueror
MysterD: Some thoughts:

1. Might be wise just to copy old CP 2077 (versions before 2.0) over to a different folder and/or external HDD or SSD in a folder not tied to Galaxy; especially if you got mods installer.

2. And do a fresh new download & install of CP 2077 Version 2.0.
That's what I'm doing, in case I don't like 2.0 anyways.

Like this stuff
"All NPCs now scale to your level. Enemy difficulty is no longer dependent on what area of Night City you're in."

Muah, why ?
Post edited September 22, 2023 by Reaper9988
If you need to make an instruction guide for your audience, the insinuation is: They're either really not smart enough to game or there are serious doubts about the installation process.
That's nice.

Where are my offline My Rewards installers?
Was anyone able to check out the new ripperdoc immersive animations? I casually tried to exchange few implants (on endgame save), and nothing out of ordinary happened. Is that just a first time thing? There's a black screen with me getting off the chair (regardless of what I install, always the same). Can't remember if that was the case before 2.0, but if that's it... that's pretty weak.

It was one of my bigger complaints, the whole modding felt too sterile, just couple of clicks in menu.
high rated
GOG.com: Please remember that the PC system requirements have been changed and the game only supports solid-state drives (SSDs).
What?!? You ARE aware that SSDs and HDDs are just the medium on which the game is stored, right? What on Earth (or any plane of existence) could possibly justify REQUIRING an SSD? I understand that it's a big game, so using a HDD versus an SSD could increase load times between levels/areas, but requiring an SSD is going too far.

And before anybody jumps on this, saying "duh, stop being cheap and just buy an SSD", first, not everyone has the funds to do so, second, there's no reason we should be forced to do so, and third, I'm already using all available SATA ports and I'm not going to downgrade my storage capacity just to get an SSD for one game.
GOG.com: Please remember that the PC system requirements have been changed and the game only supports solid-state drives (SSDs).
cmclout: What?!? You ARE aware that SSDs and HDDs are just the medium on which the game is stored, right? What on Earth (or any plane of existence) could possibly justify REQUIRING an SSD? I understand that it's a big game, so using a HDD versus an SSD could increase load times between levels/areas, but requiring an SSD is going too far.

And before anybody jumps on this, saying "duh, stop being cheap and just buy an SSD", first, not everyone has the funds to do so, second, there's no reason we should be forced to do so, and third, I'm already using all available SATA ports and I'm not going to downgrade my storage capacity just to get an SSD for one game.
Actually I think the reason is pretty simple. A HDD is not fast enough to Stream the Data hence why they had the HDD mode that lowered some settings to make especially car chases manageable with a HDD before.
My guess is that now the amount of Data is just too big or it's not worth it to test a special mode for it anymore.

I sure hope they keep the full 1.63 installer as offline setup, otherwise they'd be screwing the people that already bought and played the game.
And no atm I don't see a 1.63 Download in the offline installers......

That being said a 500 gb SATA SSD is really only around 40 Bucks, could probably even use external if you have USB 3.0
Post edited September 22, 2023 by Reaper9988
MysterD: Some thoughts:

1. Might be wise just to copy old CP 2077 (versions before 2.0) over to a different folder and/or external HDD or SSD in a folder not tied to Galaxy; especially if you got mods installer.

2. And do a fresh new download & install of CP 2077 Version 2.0.
Reaper9988: That's what I'm doing, in case I don't like 2.0 anyways.

Like this stuff
"All NPCs now scale to your level. Enemy difficulty is no longer dependent on what area of Night City you're in."

Muah, why ?
Did they really not figure out anything better to do than replicate TES4: Oblivion's main problem - autoleveling?
If your computer could play Cyberpunk I find it hard to imagine not having a SSD in it.

Now, I had to uninstall several other games to fit one this large on the smaller SSD, but my HDD has only been for storing photos, music, and movies for quite some time.

The thing I noticed is that, with the 2.0 update, I went from playing smoothly on medium graphigs settings to stuttering on low, with a 30 FPS framerate cap. Something is not working well here and I'll need to dig through several pages of options to try and find a way to get this playing well again before Phantom Liberty shows up.

After the update the game plays like it initially did with ray-tracing enabled and I switched the settings to low, which is not good, but I hope something I can figure out with some custom work in the options.
SargonAelther: Apparently Phantom Liberty will have Twitch Drops, in case Pre-Order car and DRMd "My Rewards" weren't enough.
Are there Micro Transactions now in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty?

There's a drop for a Yasha Sniper Rifle that requires you to gift 2 Twitch subscriptions of any tier in an eligible Twitch partner's stream to obtain it.
So how much free space do I need to have on an SSD to install CP2077 2.0 + Phantom Liberty? My SSD is my boot drive, and it's not horribly large.
SargonAelther: Apparently Phantom Liberty will have Twitch Drops, in case Pre-Order car and DRMd "My Rewards" weren't enough.

Will the twitch drops generate an offline GOG installer? Who knows, the FAQs do not cover this question. Sigh...

One of the Twitch Drops is not even a drop, but a "Gift" for buying and gifting two subscriptions. I'd rather they outright sold the stupid sniper rifle for $10 than make us go through all these hoops for some service that many of us don't care about.
Uffff. This kind of thing is what moves the game from "potentially interested but won't buy until it's done and patched" to "almost definitely won't buy."
SOME REASON CANT INSTALL PROPERLY ON XBOX SERIES X
Post edited November 03, 2023 by ZY3NX142013