It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Phantom Liberty, a full-fledged expansion and a new spy-thriller adventure to Cyberpunk 2077, arrives on September 26th and you can still pre-order it for some sweet wheels!

Moreover, with the expansion comes a free Update 2.0 (available to download and play right now!), which brings an entirely new experience to the game. You can expect powerful new weapons, redesigned cyberware, perks, relic skill tree, new vehicles, vehicle combat, revamped police… and more – find all the details HERE!

Now, there are a couple of things that you absolutely should do to enjoy both Update 2.0 and Phantom Liberty without any issues.

First of all, to ensure that your installation of Phantom Liberty is hassle-free, it is necessary to update your game to the aforementioned 2.0 version. Doing so should prevent any issues that otherwise might occur if you’re sitting on any older version of Cyberpunk 2077. Furthermore, right now to get your copy of the game to the 2.0 version, we advise you to perform a clean reinstallation of Cyberpunk 2077.

While Backup Offline Installers reinstallation is necessary, just updating and not reinstalling the game should be possible approximately within the next 3 hours in the GOG GALAXY client. It still isn’t a recommended solution, but if you choose to do it regardless, you should follow the below steps:

Update via GOG GALAXY
If you have your copy of the game installed via GOG GALAXY client, simply head to the game page in your client’s library and click the “Update” button visibly at the top of the page. If the “Update” button is not visible for you, try restarting the GOG GALAXY client.

Please note: with the release of Update 2.0, the only other version of the game available to download will be the version 1.63.

When it comes to the Update 2.0 itself:

Please remember that the PC system requirements have been changed and the game only supports solid-state drives (SSDs). Additionally, if you're using pre-2.0 mods, it’s highly recommended to uninstall them before updating to the version 2.0. Outdated mods can disrupt the experience in many ways and, in some situations, may cause critical errors. It’s advisable to wait until the modding community updates them to the new version of the game.

One last thing to keep in mind, is that while you'll be able to continue the game with your current character on an existing save, starting a new playthrough after the Update 2.0 is also recommended. Due to the number of changes, starting fresh will enhance your overall gameplay experience.

Time to get ready for an unforgettable trip to Dogtown – check out the Update 2.0, and soon enough you’ll embark on a high-stakes mission of espionage in Phantom Liberty.
GOG.com: Update via offline installers
If you’re playing Cyberpunk 2077 by using the offline installers, head to your library on our store and find Cyberpunk 2077. Then, if your current version of the game is 1.63, simply use the update patch available there. If you have an older version, you need to download and do a full installation of the 2.0 installer.

Please note: with the release of Update 2.0, the only other version of the game available to download will be the version 1.63.
Patch offline installers for upgrading from 1.63_hotfix to 2.0 don't seem to be available just yet.
Now to make sure things go smoothly for your customers:

Get rid of the entire concept of "MYREWARDS" online activation DRMed content.
GOG.com: Update via offline installers
If you’re playing Cyberpunk 2077 by using the offline installers, head to your library on our store and find Cyberpunk 2077. Then, if your current version of the game is 1.63, simply use the update patch available there. If you have an older version, you need to download and do a full installation of the 2.0 installer.

CMiq: Patch offline installers for upgrading from 1.63_hotfix to 2.0 don't seem to be available just yet.
Offline installers of the patch that just updates the older versions of the game to the Update 2.0 won't be available, as it is roughly the same size as the 2.0 installation patch. There's no reason to have them both, as their download time would be the same and clean reinstallation is the recommended solution. Sorry for the initial hiccup in the post. Hope you'll enjoy the new content!
high rated
CMiq: Patch offline installers for upgrading from 1.63_hotfix to 2.0 don't seem to be available just yet.
king_kunat: Offline installers of the patch that just updates the older versions of the game to the Update 2.0 won't be available, as it is roughly the same size as the 2.0 installation patch. There's no reason to have them both, as their download time would be the same and clean reinstallation is the recommended solution. Sorry for the initial hiccup in the post. Hope you'll enjoy the new content!
Will you be making the My Rewards that were locked by Galaxy available in an offline installers? It's been two years and gating it off after all the changes and additions done since then seems pointless.
high rated
king_kunat: Offline installers of the patch that just updates the older versions of the game to the Update 2.0 won't be available, as it is roughly the same size as the 2.0 installation patch. There's no reason to have them both, as their download time would be the same and clean reinstallation is the recommended solution. Sorry for the initial hiccup in the post. Hope you'll enjoy the new content!
Makes sense, thanks for clarifying.
wolfsite: Will you be making the My Rewards that were locked by Galaxy available in an offline installers? It's been two years and gating it off after all the changes and additions done since then seems pointless.
Indeed.
Finally making the rewards available via offline installers would be a nice way to round off the redemption arc.
Post edited September 21, 2023 by CMiq
Some thoughts:

1. Might be wise just to copy old CP 2077 (versions before 2.0) over to a different folder and/or external HDD or SSD in a folder not tied to Galaxy; especially if you got mods installer.

2. And do a fresh new download & install of CP 2077 Version 2.0.
buy new gpu thats how
works everytime
Please please please can you fix the blue dots for your first party games already? Now to avoid confusion, the blue dots are NOT broken overall, they work fine at the moment, however there are some games, such as Cyberounk 2077, The Witcher 3, The Witcher 3 GOTY, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous, Blade of Darkness, etc, which NEVER generate a blue dot when updated.

Today 6 updates come out (at least for my library). Grim Dawn, Imagine Earth Demo, Severed Steel, Tunguska: The Visitation, Wingspan and Cyberpunk 2077. I got blue dots for all of them, except Cyberpunk.

The only pattern that I can see between games that do generate blue dots and games that do not, are that games that are actually sold on the store directly do generate the blue dot. Games that are only sold as bundles and not directly fail to generate a blue dot. Yes the vanilla version of Cyberpunk 2077 is actually being sold as a single-item bundle. The game itself is not for sale.
Orkhepaj: buy new gpu thats how
works everytime
Not every time. Eventually the CPU will become the bottleneck. I have an i7 7700k and an RTX 3080Ti. Starfield runs exactly the same on low with upscaling and ultra with native resolution. I am CPU-bottlenecked.

We'll see how my CPU handles this 2.0 update...
mqstout: Now to make sure things go smoothly for your customers:

Amen to that!
Post edited September 21, 2023 by SargonAelther
Make my rewards that are locked to GOG Galaxy, be offline and not require GOG Galaxy please.

Make my rewards that are locked to GOG Galaxy, be offline and not require GOG Galaxy please.

I will keep asking for this until I have a heart attack in real life.
SargonAelther: Please please please can you fix the blue dots for your first party games already? Now to avoid confusion, the blue dots are NOT broken overall, they work fine at the moment, however there are some games, such as Cyberounk 2077, The Witcher 3, The Witcher 3 GOTY, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous, Blade of Darkness, etc, which NEVER generate a blue dot when updated.

Today 6 updates come out (at least for my library). Grim Dawn, Imagine Earth Demo, Severed Steel, Tunguska: The Visitation, Wingspan and Cyberpunk 2077. I got blue dots for all of them, except Cyberpunk.

The only pattern that I can see between games that do generate blue dots and games that do not, are that games that are actually sold on the store directly do generate the blue dot. Games that are only sold as bundles and not directly fail to generate a blue dot. Yes the vanilla version of Cyberpunk 2077 is actually being sold as a single-item bundle. The game itself is not for sale.
works everytime
SargonAelther: Not every time. Eventually the CPU will become the bottleneck. I have an i7 7700k and an RTX 3080Ti. Starfield runs exactly the same on low with upscaling and ultra with native resolution. I am CPU-bottlenecked.

We'll see how my CPU handles this 2.0 update...
mqstout: Now to make sure things go smoothly for your customers:

SargonAelther: Amen to that!
I thought this was just me. I don't even remember when I last saw them with a blue dot.
Post edited September 21, 2023 by trusteft
Time to repost the drm free wishlists of the games that should've been the last to ever have *any* drm on a "drm free store":

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cyberpunk_2077_drm_free_version
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/witcher_3_remove_drm
Anyone else getting Xbox controller prompts when using Mouse and Keyboard?
high rated
works everytime
Don't support crappy devs that are unable to optimize their engine the way they should - works every time as well and is much cheaper. You are aware that not everybody is as rich as you apparently are? Some have to work for their money and some even have actual responsibilities ... but go ahead, buy yourself a GPU whenever devs screw up. The industry is thankful for it.
Apparently Phantom Liberty will have Twitch Drops, in case Pre-Order car and DRMd "My Rewards" weren't enough.

Will the twitch drops generate an offline GOG installer? Who knows, the FAQs do not cover this question. Sigh...

One of the Twitch Drops is not even a drop, but a "Gift" for buying and gifting two subscriptions. I'd rather they outright sold the stupid sniper rifle for $10 than make us go through all these hoops for some service that many of us don't care about.
Post edited September 22, 2023 by SargonAelther