It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All of everything is back, plus some new stuff.

It's the incredible, the amazing, the stunning Indie Piñata Grande Finale!

Welcome to the final blowout. It's 24 hours of every deal and Pinata so far, all to bring this weeklong event to its grande conclusion. Among these exceptional offers is the return of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - now in an all-new, totally improved Unreal Engine 4 <span class="bold">Redux</span> edition. There's the most delicious combination of words in gaming, also known as Sunless Sea, and of course - there is a handful of completely new Piñatas so you can keep on whackin' on!

What is the Indie Piñata?
The Indie Piñata is a whacky gaming sale brought to you by Crunching Koalas and GOG.com, a weeklong celebration of diverse indie games - organised to help gamers (you) discover great indie titles without breaking the bank. Instead, we'll break the Piñata! A lot.

There's so much stuff.
There's stuff alright, with plenty of video game stuffing.
We've got a hefty selection of deals up to 80% off - all indies, all highly recommended - this includes titles like Kerbal Space Program (-33%), NEO Scavenger (-50%), Legend of Grimrock 2 (-75%), and MouseCraft (-80%), so that you can pick and choose what you play (but it's probably best to get them all just in case).

Whack your Piñata!
If you're fond of surprises, for $3 (or your local equivalent), you can grab your own 100% whackable Piñata and find a random indie wonder inside - handpicked by us and Crunching Koalas. The Piñata can include games anywhere from $9.99 to $44.99, so there's a deal (and a satisfying POP) behind every swing - and we’ll be ready to congratulate those of you who show off your discounted gains on Twitter with the hashtag #IndiePinata!

The Promo and Piñata include a completely separate batch of games, so there's plenty of variety and surprises - we'll also rotate the Promo and Piñata lineup after three days, just so that things don't get too stale. The Indie Piñata promo will last until 9/18/2015, 9:59AM GMT. Just remember - check yourself, before you whack yourself.
Batter up!

Stream watch:

It's the Indie Piñata at , as well! We&rsquo;re celebrating with tons of special promo streams. [url=https://www.gog.com/news/coming_up_on_twitchtvgogcom]Check out the schedule to know what’s going on over the weekend, and follow our channel for 4-6 hours of awesome, daily gaming content!
PalioDeMonte: In my case I think it was because I ordered the Piñata as a gift. I presume you have to add it directly to your account to get something you don't have yet.
IAmSinistar: That could be the case, since I bought a gift Piñata as well. However, looking at the Piñata list, there are three games I don't have and only one I want (and that's only in the Piñata as the Regular Edition). So it's not worth me buying another one, since the likely outcomes are either a game I don't want or the inferior edition of one I do want.

Roll on the next round. :)
I'm just going to get the upgrade to Deluxe version when that happens to be on sale since I won't be missing out on actual game play stuff.
Here's a question i dunno if anyone's brought up yet. I have a mac (yeah yeah. have at me fuckboy. boohoo). I do enjoy gaming oldschool on mac. Hence why i enjoy gog.

I got one piñata and it was a PC only game. No problem. I've bought PC only games in the hopes i one day soon get a PC. But wouldn't it have been easy to select whether or not you only wanna get games that are mac compatible? It just sucks that i bought a game i can't play without knowing.
Well I just got Shelter.
I don't own any games in the survival category, nor want any. So why would GOG think I would want to play something like this?
Oh well, this is that first and last time I try one of these promos.
Lesson learned.
I'm not buying, but I do find it fun to watch the piñata explode into a cloud of confetti when I put it in the cart. So it's kind of like getting a game for free for a couple days.
Bought a Pinata.
Got Randal's Monday.
Not my type of game so asked for refund.
Support: "Request granted."

I think the whole point of this Pinata is 'gambling' for a game GOG 'thinks' you should play.
Refund should not be granted (except if you got a load of gift codes).

It sounds stupid but hey, that's gambling.
You either win millions or kicked out penniless.
hafizadam: Bought a Pinata.
Got Randal's Monday.
Not my type of game so asked for refund.
Support: "Request granted."
wtf? i sent my support-question yesterday and still got no response!

hafizadam: I think the whole point of this Pinata is 'gambling' for a game GOG 'thinks' you should play.
Refund should not be granted (except if you got a load of gift codes).

It sounds stupid but hey, that's gambling.
You either win millions or kicked out penniless.
gambling is illegal in most of europe, unless gog doesn't belong to any local gambling monopoly.
Sykes.228: Yea gamble doesn't pay. It would be great if we could gift the games from the pinatas we don't want.
I sent a support ticket and they turned my pinata game into a gift.
This concept, when you gambling for a game, is not my cup of coffee. According the list of games available as pinatas, there are only couple I'd be interested in. It's not necessary to enlarge my backlog with games that don't have my full attention.
Though gambling is so tempting :) that contemplating about buying one or two games as gift and then trade it for something more interesting
Hhhhhmmmm.... $3.00 pinata... I'll just get a cheeseburger. :)
Sykes.228: Yea gamble doesn't pay. It would be great if we could gift the games from the pinatas we don't want.
Here is a trick I got from tracking thread - buy Pinata as a gift to your own email.
You can see what game in it.
If you like it you can redeem the game, if not you can give them away.
When my browser loaded the home page, the first thing I saw was the pinata, and I thought for one glorious second that it was about Viva Pinata coming to GOG, with other Microsoft-published games presumably to follow. This is why I would never be good at any job that requires quick reaction times! :)
My Pinata gave me republique. Game doesn't look too bad but I probably wouldn't have bought it.
Tempting promo, but one of the most useless I've been tricked into :(

I thought this might be interesting, and tried my luck with the piñata 5 times, and here's what I got:

-3 adventure games I wasn't interested in.
-A game I already owned (DRM-Free) at Humble Bundle.
-A special edition of a game I already owned the standard edition

I feel completely fooled, but to be honest I've never had any luck at lottery games. Better know what you're paying for...
Anyway, I won't swallow the bait again.
Post edited September 12, 2015 by Lone_Scout
apehater: not sure if this will work too, since its not a normal purchase.
yyahoo: In what way is it not normal that they would deny a refund? In this situation, I would say it makes more sense that you would deserve your money back for randomly receiving a game that you didn't want rather than wanting a refund for a game that you purchased fully knowing what it was ahead of time. As long as you don't download the game, I can't see why it would make a difference.
The difference here is, that refunds turn this sale into a pointless "choose any game for 3 bucks" promo. If I was an asshole, I'd just have thrown 25 piñatas into the cart, paid for them and asked for a refund on the 23 piñatas that were NOT Dreamfall Chapters and Republique. In two days I could repeat this and get (just as a stupid example) Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin and again 23 refunds. And on the last round I'd grab Xenonauts and Dead State (+23 refunds).

I think that's not how this should work. And in an ideal world no one would do this anyway. But knowing that this is the internet... :/
Shadow Warrior (2013) from my Pinata. Not something I would have bought for the regular price of $39.99, but for $3.00, value is excellent! Will definitely give it a shot.

Thanks GoG, glad you're trying something like this - it's a small amount to pay for the potential of playing something you'd not otherwise have given a go.

Not sure why people are posting stuff like 'why would GoG give me this game?' - it's pretty clearly random, so why would you assume it's a genre you usually play?