It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Draw your saber and take part in a fighting game about sword dueling, in which the blades really clash using physics, and the characters use motion-captured fencing techniques. Hellish Quart is now available as the game in development on GOG.COM with a 15% discount lasting until 23rd February 2021, 5 PM UTC.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
I read: "NEWS: In development hell"

I bet Im not the only one.
Controller needed? A pity :-(
Themken: Controller needed? A pity :-(
MartiusR says its fine on the keyboard.
Nice to see it without DRM.
Definitely instabuy once it is out of development :)
Lodium: Hmm
kinda reminds me of Barbarian II for c64 but this is more finnese and no headchopping
Mr.Mumbles: Despite the fact of the decapitation shown at the end of the trailer? ;)
ok
i missed that one
i didnt watch the whole video
Thats cool
My computer can't handle the demo. I'm curious how it compares to say, SoulCalibur in gameplay. Is it a proper fighting game with swords, or is this a point-match system? Those flags in the gifs look like a replacement for the health bar.
kohlrak: My computer can't handle the demo. I'm curious how it compares to say, SoulCalibur in gameplay. Is it a proper fighting game with swords, or is this a point-match system? Those flags in the gifs look like a replacement for the health bar.
Characters have health, but don't expect to be able to withstand blows like in regular fighting games. One or two cuts can easily finish a character. No health bar displayed.
kohlrak: My computer can't handle the demo. I'm curious how it compares to say, SoulCalibur in gameplay. Is it a proper fighting game with swords, or is this a point-match system? Those flags in the gifs look like a replacement for the health bar.
Lone_Scout: Characters have health, but don't expect to be able to withstand blows like in regular fighting games. One or two cuts can easily finish a character. No health bar displayed.
Ok, so we're going hardcore realism then with the health mechanic. Then, may I ask, how bad some animations are? Take Josie from Tekken's jab animation: instead of simply jabbing, she walks forward a few steps to both gain distance and to make her jab take a whole 10 frames, even if she's pressed against her opponent. Do we have that level of thing here, as well? I mean, if we're going to make it so your fighting is realistically short like that, do we ridiculous animations that remove that realism as well? Is it possible like real life for both opponents to loose the fight by cutting each other enough times to cause fatal bloodloss over time that cannot b e stopped?
Like most of us here I have played and love my fair share of fighting games. The "Health Bar" is a staple for sure. I find the lack of "The Bar" refreshing, actually. I think it gives the players more incentive not to get dinged and adds an nice element of uncertainty. Besides, I have not seen any Turkey Legs or any sort of power-ups in this game so maybe a health bar may be slightly useless. But, maybe an increase in blood spurts or something like that would be a good hints as to player status.
Not my kind of game normally... but I kinda feel I must have this.

Some (early) impressions from a guy who is actually quite the expert on sword fighting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAXTDAKkqbo&amp;t=901s

(there are more videos).
Old Bushido Blade vibes here.
I'm gonna bump this thread (excuse the necro), because I picked up the game during the recent sale and I'm having a blast. More people need to hear about it... why is it so obscure? It's amazingly good.
Totally agree, it's really fun game. And they've added in the meanwhile some new characters and arenas as well.

My guess is, that "the problem with popularity" is (aside from early access, which doesn't have recently a good press*) partially due to the fact, that multiplayer is only local (not counting workaround with Parsec, recommended by devs ATM) and Story mode is still not present. Which (probably) may be considered as discouraging by some potential clients (both those oriented on SP and MP).

From my side - I would totally recommend this one.

*Not relating to this game, but rather "in general", has bad opinion
P.S.: I am playing this in Linux via Wine and everything is great, including controller support ;).