It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dive into a story-driven platformer metroidvania with a touch of RPG and tons of humor!
Clunky Hero is now available as the game in development on GOG.COM, sporting a 15% discount that will be valid until 16th November 2021, 3 PM UTC.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
low rated
Let just Clunky Hero in the forum...
Cough.

So does anyone want to explain the "funny storyline", "tons of humor." or "very comical way"?
So, now that there is a playable version of the game:
* How does the save system work?
* What happens when the player character dies?
Darvond: Cough.

So does anyone want to explain the "funny storyline", "tons of humor." or "very comical way"?
Are you saying you find the jokes clunky? The marketing here is exhibit A of what I have referred to in other topics. For someone like me who unironically wants to enjoy "grimdark" games that get criticized instantaneously for being "too edgy", there is really no equivalent marketing blitz. That is, I don't see games on here that say how serious they are, but there are countless games with similar marketing to this one all about how there is so much humor and comedy in the game. The closest I think there is to a counterexample would be roguelike or Souls-like games here advertising that they are "brutal", though in many (most?) cases those are often still colorful, feature some sort of humor, etc (not that this is a bad thing, just making an observation).
rjbuffchix: -snip-
It's less a question of the humor itself, but rather a complete lack of examples of it being featured, yet so strongly suggested by the description of the game. I enjoy a variety of humor, from the posh Three Stooges, to the low down simple humor of Quite Interesting's Quiz Comedy Panel Show.
rjbuffchix: -snip-
Darvond: It's less a question of the humor itself, but rather a complete lack of examples of it being featured, yet so strongly suggested by the description of the game. I enjoy a variety of humor, from the posh Three Stooges, to the low down simple humor of Quite Interesting's Quiz Comedy Panel Show.
Agreed on the brilliance of the posh Three Stooges :)
I have bought Clunky Hero and started playing it under GNU/Linux with Logitech Gamepad F310.
The game is solid, there are things to get right and polished, but in my opinion a great start for
an ealy access game.

It is all a matter of taste but I liked the graphics and humor right from the start,
and being Unity pure 64 bit without crashes is convincing.
At first I missed the save point (near the start) ... but the basics are right in place - and some
other things I found which should be easy to fix ... and sent a kind of bug report / questions
to the Devs - with some direct answers ...

So I am happy to have bought it - especially as Devs are fast to answer questions and
to provide the missing Linux version ... so I am confident that the game will improve
with gamers input well in the next weeks and months.

I started the changelog for this game on the forum:
* https://www.gog.com/forum/clunky_hero/changelog
and may add a second thread about 1st impressions soon - as this can be edited fast
which is important for a game in development (weaknesses of the past may soon get
strength of the game).
Maybe I will write a general review with a hint to the forum thread - as the situation may
change a lot - but at least some basic part must have improved (or I must get acquainted
with the game) till this make sense.

So I would recommend it for gamers who like the genre and this kind of humor ...
and are willing to guide the improvements in the time to come - or at least have passions
to some things to get straight.
Post edited November 10, 2021 by JMB9