It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matruchus:
opticq:
Thank you both
Post edited March 18, 2015 by mrkgnao
HypersomniacLive: Now I'm certain that you do know something about tomorrow, which means it's game related.
IAmSinistar: ( ´º ɜ ´º) . ♫ . ♪
Tell us what you know!
high rated
IAmSinistar: ( ´º ɜ ´º) . ♫ . ♪
Thanks for the confirmation. Only thing left now is to see which of tomorrow's releases has your sig on it.

On a topic related note - I like it how people try to find logic and order in the unbundling and sorting GOG's doing.
budejovice: Anyone have ideas on tomorrow? Just let it be related to games, GOG! Sigh...
Since their doing a lot of stuff that is messing up the site, I'm guessing their getting the back end for the new account / friend system up and running and that might be coming tomorrow, just my guess...
I've just noticed this new unbundling/game shelf, and I'm wondering how this makes things any better. Now game collections that used to take one spot on one shelf, can easily take up 2 shelves or more. Tomb Raider 1-2-3 is now 3 separate "games" but with innocuous "product_bonuses" instead of what the files actually are. Won't these unnecessary additions just cause more server load for GOG?
high rated
budejovice: Anyone have ideas on tomorrow? Just let it be related to games, GOG! Sigh...
BKGaming: Since their doing a lot of stuff that is messing up the site, I'm guessing their getting the back end for the new account / friend system up and running and that might be coming tomorrow, just my guess...
I certainly know that's coming. The clock is ticking. However, piecing the info together above this post, and making a few assumptions and hijacking the assumptions of others, it does indeed seem game related. You know, unless we're wrong. :)
BKGaming: Since their doing a lot of stuff that is messing up the site, I'm guessing their getting the back end for the new account / friend system up and running and that might be coming tomorrow, just my guess...
budejovice: I certainly know that's coming. The clock is ticking. However, piecing the info together above this post, and making a few assumptions and hijacking the assumptions of others, it does indeed seem game related. You know, unless we're wrong. :)
Could be, at this point I'm just going with that anytime we know something is about to happen until it's added. It's the only I know that will eventually be here so I can't be wrong everytime. :P Lol
high rated
mrkgnao: I believe you are correct, with one exception: "they're going to have to code a new way around it".

Cognition has been unbundled in September 2013 (upon addition to GOG) and has been missing the link ever since. They didn't get around to code it in the last 18 months; I doubt they'll bother now.

Same story for other previously-unbundled games (Dracula 4+5, X-Wing, TIE Fighter).
IAmSinistar: Ugh, I hadn't paid attention to that. Maybe it shant get relinked. But I choose to remain optimistic* that they are just saving it up to do all at once when the unbundling is complete.

* perhaps even Panglossian
P.S. If GOG is reading this, do know that I am compiling a game part ID to game bundle ID translation table (required for MaGog), so if you need it, just ask...
high rated
budejovice: I certainly know that's coming. The clock is ticking. However, piecing the info together above this post, and making a few assumptions and hijacking the assumptions of others, it does indeed seem game related. You know, unless we're wrong. :)
BKGaming: Could be, at this point I'm just going with that anytime we know something is about to happen until it's added. It's the only I know that will eventually be here so I can't be wrong everytime. :P Lol
I like those odds! :)

________

Oh man, we're GOGbeared at work now too. The Tax program is down. And it's totally unrelated to games. :(
I don't like this this at all. I rather have a more organized, filtered search through my own games, with filters such as you use for the general store. In the store you used to get a download link for the games you had already purchased. Why, oh, why did you remove those links and sever the organisation of the shop (filtered by genre, OS and ordered by year, alphabet or date of purchase) . I have well over 600 games. My shelf is already a mess as it is. PLEASE do keep it managaeble and don't punish your loyal customers. Thank you.
788 Games??
Post edited March 19, 2015 by jorlin
high rated
Shendue: At least they shouldn't try to feed us blatant lies like "several people asked us to do this". It sounds EXACTLY like the "Everyone wants the prices to be shown in local currency! I know for sure because a couple friends of mine from France are always confused about how much they will pay for a game" crap i've read back then and it smells equally bad.
JaqFrost: While I agree with you that the lies are insultingly transparent, it is their attempt at spin. They are not going to outright tell us they don't care how we feel because that would alienate even the most optimistic or apathetic of users. They don't want to see a dip in sales and telling the brutally honest truth that they don't care about the community or our protests as long as we keep spending money would most certainly make a lot of people put away their wallets.
Telling the truth doesn't mean you have to insult your customers. You can do it politely and correctly as long as you use reasonable terms.
I wouldn't feel insulted if they just wrote "Sorry for the annoyance, but we are going to split the bundled games because it's necessary for us in the process of porting libraries on GOG Galaxy". I could have disagreed, but i wouldn't have feel insulted. I feel insulted NOW, because they are insulting my intelligence with blatant lies. Not caring for your actual customer base because the growth in new customers and maybe a couple caresses in the form of gifts and nice promos will counterbalance their annoyance is a risky move. Larger and more powerful companies have suffered greatly for similar thoughts in the past.
Personally, i don't even dislike the idea of the client, as long as it adds good features. But when it comes at the cost of usability, it's a whole different beast.
Post edited March 19, 2015 by Shendue
OK, I get this is sortable under the folder for First world problems... But this change has completely obliterated my shelf layout. What used to be thematically organized now looks like as organized as if someone took all the books on a book shelf and threw them into the floor.

Moreover, I can see this also alters cover art (even on unbundled titles like two worlds for example) so that too is a change.

Now in respect to priorities, the book case is completely irrelevant to how important galaxy is. However, it seems a bit odd to do radical alteration of a system designed for artistic presentation of ones library, knowing it is likely to disrupt or destroy the presentation one might have crafted.

Ill get over it of course, especially when I decide to set down and reorganize the book case from scratch, That or just toggle the switch to view in list format and give up on library view all together, which honestly seems more likely at this point.

Not fond of it, but it is certainly for the greater good.
Just my 2cp on it.
yogsloth: I like them grouped. I wish Cognition was grouped together. Doesn't sound like we can toggle it - it's unbundling whether you want it or not. It's not a huge deal, but it's going to create some real confusion.

Might & Magic I-VI are now going to be six entries on my shelf?
I wish Cognition was 1 entry as well.

I'm not sure I want every might and magic game separate, or the Wizardry games, the Ultima games, etc...
I rather like this new idea. One of the things that bothered me was being forced to download an entire set of games at once and fill up the hard drive quickly. I've only got 500GB of space on my hard drive even with my newest computer, so it's good to be able to play episodic games one at a time and replace then when I finish. I do agree it takes getting used to, but I'm extremely happy with being able to download the games separately.
Thanks GOG. You've made me really happy.
Oh and on top of how annoying the leisure suit larry collection looks (I still want an answer as to why both versions of the same game now have to be two separate items with identical boxart), what the hell is up with Two Worlds 2? I buy epic edition and now have 'velvet edition' and 'castle defender.' What?

Also, any unbundled games no longer let me go directly to the gamecard if I wanted to (something I've done more than expected).

This unbundling idea was just awful.
Post edited March 19, 2015 by ReynardFox