It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: Maybe read some Eckhart Tolle or something. :)
mrkgnao: You learn a new thing every day. Had to look him up in Wikipedia, as I had never heard of him before.

Quote from Wikipedia: "the most spiritually influential person in the world... the most popular spiritual author in the United States".

Note to myself: Might want to consider getting out from under the rock a bit more often.
He's got an interesting philosophy on life and an interesting back story. It's pretty deep stuff, but definitely can be useful for increasing one's daily level of peace of mind. "The Power of Now" is a powerful concept. I found it helpful in changing my perspective on things that unfold day by day. There's an audio book version also that is a good listen.
IAmSinistar: It's likely a database synchronisation issue. Back when the game boxes were generally 1:1 with the game pages, they could use the same key to map one to the other. But now the games have different names than the game pages in a lot of cases, so that association is broken, and they're going to have to code a new way around it.

Just my guess, though.
I think it's a correct guess. TIE Fighter and X-Wing had separate boxes before the unbundling occurred and neither of them has links to the gamecard. Same case with Dark Forces II, which has a different name in the account, compared to its name in the catalog (STAR WARS™ JEDI KNIGHT: DARK FORCES II - BASE GAME in the account and STAR WARS™ JEDI KNIGHT: DARK FORCES II in the catalog).
justanoldgamer: I don't mind the unbundling but I do have one question/complaint: Why remove the links to the store page? I'm sorry if someone else asked before but I checked all blue's answers and I did not see this addressed.
IAmSinistar: It's likely a database synchronisation issue. Back when the game boxes were generally 1:1 with the game pages, they could use the same key to map one to the other. But now the games have different names than the game pages in a lot of cases, so that association is broken, and they're going to have to code a new way around it.

Just my guess, though.
I believe you are correct, with one exception: "they're going to have to code a new way around it".

Cognition has been unbundled in September 2013 (upon addition to GOG) and has been missing the link ever since. They didn't get around to code it in the last 18 months; I doubt they'll bother now.

Same story for other previously-unbundled games (Dracula 4+5, X-Wing, TIE Fighter).
Ciris: Hi, guys!

We're gonna fuck yo shit up!
noncompliantgame:
LOL I did a double take. Hilarious
Guys come on more unbundling, whaddaya say we let people download games per level/file.
omega64: Guys come on more unbundling, whaddaya say we let people download games per level/file.
Loading level...
Please insert next unbundle into drive A:...
mrkgnao: I believe you are correct, with one exception: "they're going to have to code a new way around it".

Cognition has been unbundled in September 2013 (upon addition to GOG) and has been missing the link ever since. They didn't get around to code it in the last 18 months; I doubt they'll bother now.

Same story for other previously-unbundled games (Dracula 4+5, X-Wing, TIE Fighter).
Ugh, I hadn't paid attention to that. Maybe it shant get relinked. But I choose to remain optimistic* that they are just saving it up to do all at once when the unbundling is complete.

* perhaps even Panglossian
omega64: Guys come on more unbundling, whaddaya say we let people download games per level/file.
mrkgnao: Loading level...
They should make us actually mount the install files to let us play the games.
Why not everything? And then MaGog can track those changes too.

----------------------------------------

From MaGog's logs for XX Futuredate:

NOTE! CHANGED BloodRayne, avatar #4: Smiling ***TO*** Smiling, Winking
mrkgnao: Loading level...
omega64: They should make us actually mount the install files to let us play the games.
Better yet, you must be connected to the GOG servers to play the games.
omega64: They should make us actually mount the install files to let us play the games.
mrkgnao: Better yet, you must be connected to the GOG servers to play the games.
The best part is, the servers you have to connect to were shut down years ago.
mrkgnao: Better yet, you must be connected to the GOG servers to play the games.
Hey, why not? I've had some people here tell me "that's not really DRM".
high rated
I posted about his in the feedback thread as well.

All site pages load considerably slower. Careful observation shows that it's the "account" portion in the top nav bar that takes longer to fully load; I assume it's due to the unbundling of games that makes the account "heavier". To me that's another negative side-effect of GOG's decision, a side-effect they either didn't think through or don't particularly care about in hope that everyone will jump on the otional client.

Also, since at least yesterday, I have to log out twice before I'm actually logged off - not sure if that's related to the unbundling, but it started very recently.
HypersomniacLive: snip
My IT feeling is that there are some infrastructure changes happening apart from just the unbundling, and that is causing some of the lag and the weird account behaviour. Multiple times today I've gotten the "default" forum view that one sees when logged out, even while logged in. Your own experiences could be coming out of that too.

Unfortunate, but the nature of the beast when working on a live system.
HypersomniacLive: snip
IAmSinistar: My IT feeling is that there are some infrastructure changes happening apart from just the unbundling, and that is causing some of the lag and the weird account behaviour. Multiple times today I've gotten the "default" forum view that one sees when logged out, even while logged in. Your own experiences could be coming out of that too.

Unfortunate, but the nature of the beast when working on a live system.
Same occurrences here. Same feeling too. There's more afoot.

My guess: They have to get all the servers off the floor in order to roll out the red carpet for the arrival of THE ROYAL edition next week.