It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey GOGers! The title of the post kind of says it all.

I just released a game about the Cold War called ICBM and I'd love to know what y'all think!

It's meant to be a love letter to the era of games that GOG is keeping alive so fantastically.

It's available for free from www.icbm-game.com</span>

(Windows only, currently, I'm hoping to have a Mac and Linux port soon)
Attachments:
thumb10.png (30 Kb)
Hey, how come you can post links with 0 rep ? Did they change the requirement ?
And...who are you?
And...where in the world is Carmen Sandiego!?
wow, looks amazing!
The trailer is very well done!
iammichaeldavis: Hey GOGers! The title of the post kind of says it all.

I just released a game about the Cold War called ICBM and I'd love to know what y'all think!

It's meant to be a love letter to the era of games that GOG is keeping alive so fantastically.

It's available for free from www.icbm-game.com</span>

(Windows only, currently, I'm hoping to have a Mac and Linux port soon)
I'm always interested in non-typical stuff done with the AGS engine. Downloaded the game (and the soundtrack) and what I saw so far looks amazing. Will try to give you some feedback once I've really played the game.
MaximumBunny: And...who are you?
He's Michael Davis, can't you read?
Licurg: Hey, how come you can post links with 0 rep ? Did they change the requirement ?
Perhaps a bug makes the automatic URL detection/link creation work but not the manual URL tags?
Post edited April 14, 2015 by Maighstir
Downloaded the game and started to play but nothing happens, no phone calls coming in even on the highest difficulty. Am I missing something here?

Also, ALT + TAB freezes game, had to shut down the game via task manager. Pressing Enter as instructed in the readme file doesn't help, this is on Windows 7 64bit.
awalterj: Downloaded the game and started to play but nothing happens, no phone calls coming in even on the highest difficulty. Am I missing something here?
I would say that it works exactly as intended by the developer. After all the world didn't explode back in 1983.
awalterj: Downloaded the game and started to play but nothing happens, no phone calls coming in even on the highest difficulty. Am I missing something here?
PaterAlf: I would say that it works exactly as intended by the developer. After all the world didn't explode back in 1983.
Is this some kind of late April's Fools?

I think I'm gonna go play Desert Bus now, more exciting!

PS: I want those 4 minutes of my life back
Post edited April 14, 2015 by awalterj
And why does it say "(c) 1990"??
PaterAlf: I would say that it works exactly as intended by the developer. After all the world didn't explode back in 1983.
I'm confused... is it a game where nothing happens? Or have the game's possible actions just not been triggered yet?
It *looks* really good. Well done!

I love "the who are you?" question. :)
Post edited April 14, 2015 by htown1980
iammichaeldavis: Hey GOGers! The title of the post kind of says it all.

Very well done. I loved the intro and the outro sequence and the small details during the missions (like the non-working clock).

A second campaign that shows the Soviet side of the story would have been great.

RoloTony: I'm confused... is it a game where nothing happens? Or have the game's possible actions just not been triggered yet?
I wouldn't say that nothing happens, but you wait for an incoming call that will never come (or will it if you just play often enough?).
Post edited April 14, 2015 by PaterAlf