It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I understand your decision. I'm also all the time on the fence and kind off left last month and then came back cause of the community but at the end with gogs standards falling down all the time (as Phc7006 said community member >customer expirience) I will probably leave the forums with time but stay a customer cause of the drm-free versions.

Either way thanks for your work and the maintance of all the pricing threads and especially your upheld stance on former gog fair pricing principles. Good luck and live well.
Post edited June 17, 2016 by Matruchus
GR00T: Will there be a DRM-free version available on GOG? :P
mrkgnao: Considering the fact that I estimate it will take me 5-10 years to develop the game (given that I have zero experience in any of the necessary disciplines, except programming, and I still dream of doing it all by myself), the more pertinent question would be "Will there be a GOG?".
I'd offer to help, but as programming is my main skill and you already have that covered and I still haven't gotten around to spending much time on the other project I've got going with another Goger, I'm not sure I'd be much help.
high rated
mrkgnao: I'm thinking of using some of these hours to develop my own game. Not immediately, but at some point down the line.
HypersomniacLive: I want to hear more about this, if you're willing to share.
It's still very vague at the moment. Most probably turn-based tactics. Story-based, affected by the player's actions. Battles on a gridת separated by cut scenes. No world map exploration, no dialogue options, no sandboxes, no multiplayer. 3D or isometric.
Post edited June 17, 2016 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: So that’s that? No more “From MaGog’s logs”?
Not necessarily.
It should be possible for an enterprising soul to write a script (it needn’t even be an online script, just a desktop one accessing the net) that visits MaGog every six hours, obtains MaGog’s text database (a single file; URL available on MaGog's home page), compares it to the one obtained six hours earlier, and generates its own log of changes. I will gladly cooperate with anyone wanting to do it, even after June 21, and if necessary will also add anything missing from the text database to help in generating such reports (which, hopefully, will be more user-friendly than MaGog’s have been).
Be forewarned, though, that it is quite a commitment. In the past two years, I estimate that I have spent at least 10-20 hours a week just maintaining MaGog on a basic level and reporting daily changes (not including any time spent on actually adding features to MaGog).
P.S. I'm still around until June 21.
As I already have a working framework for automatic posting to GOG (to everyone else, no, I doubt it's something I will feel ready to release for a good while yet, if at all - also, it didn't exist when MGT was last seen regularly, so it hasn't seen any actual use beyond testing that some stuff works), I would be honored to try automating that task (and dust off MGT in the process, I imagine he and MaGog could work well as a pair).

... now this would be much easier if OS X Server 10.5 had Python3.
Post edited June 17, 2016 by Maighstir
mrkgnao: It's still very vague at the moment. Most probably turn-based tactics. Story-based, affected by the player's actions. Battles on a grid separated by cut scenes. No world map exploration, no dialogue options, no sandboxes, no multiplayer. 3D or isometric.
Looks like you're past "vague" regarding the "noes".

Should be interesting, given that you're a great story-teller. Theme? Era?
Shame to see you go, wish you good luck with all your endeavours.
Farewell, mrkgnao.

I haven't used your tools, but I enjoyed your posts.

Add me as just another one to the long list of people sad to see you go.

All the best for you & good luck on your future endeavours.
All the best luck to you, so sad to see when what GOG needs right now is people just like you ... :(
mrkgnao: … to say goodbye.
A real loss you are leaving. Good thing I can say thanks still for your incredible search engine, after I've just now discovered it and which provided helpful info for me during the current sale. Dedicated users like you, they seem to become more rare. Godspeed wherever you are heading. All the blessings.
high rated
Maighstir: As I already have a working framework for automatic posting to GOG (to everyone else, no, I doubt it's something I will feel ready to release for a good while yet, if at all - also, it didn't exist when MGT was last seen regularly, so it hasn't seen any actual use beyond testing that some stuff works), I would be honored to try automating that task (and dust off MGT in the process, I imagine he and MaGog could work well as a pair).

... now this would be much easier if OS X Server 10.5 had Python3.
Splendid.

I suggest you begin by looking at MaGog's database in text format (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/magog.txt). The first row is column titles, and "|" is the separator. Many of the fields should be identifiable, but you will certainly have tons of questions. You can either contact me via my email in the OP, or if you prefer to communicate via a dedicated forum thread (perhaps others might find it interesting too?), that's fine too, even well after June 21.

Once you decipher all the fields, you will want to write a parser, then a differ. I expect I will need to make some changes and additions to the file as we progress. I will do it gladly.

Good luck to us.
Post edited June 17, 2016 by mrkgnao
Thank you for the time you took to bring us a throve of information that we wouldn't have had as easily otherwise. It was / is highly appreciated. Take care.
Sad day (well the 21st). Thanks for sticking around for as long as you have.
mrkgnao: ...or if you prefer to communicate via a dedicated forum thread (perhaps others might find it interesting too?), that's fine too, even well after June 21.
I was going to suggest this. Though Maighstir is no doubt competent to manage it by himself.
Post edited June 17, 2016 by Gydion
It's sad to see a pillar of the community who brought a lot of positive things leave, keep them coming as much as you can wherever you go.
mrkgnao: I suggest you begin by looking at MaGog's database in text format (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/magog.txt).
Cool, it's possible to import it into Excel.
I don't know what checks Magog does, but maybe with functions some differences could be spotted.
Post edited June 17, 2016 by phaolo
high rated
I was informed of this via email. Many thanks for everything, mrkgnao. I just purchased your book.

I hope you find much fresh air and many beautiful vistas on foot in the near future.