It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Roll to backstab price. Critical hit!

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption just got its price sliced, permanently.

Now enrolling to Hero University and embarking on fantastical adventures that will surely lead to glory is cheaper than ever. Even a young rogue on a budget could afford that!
It is just as I feared; sales must have not been good for HU:RtR.
I always thought they should just aim to release one concluded story instead of having a grand scheme of 5 interwoven stories.

Not many people buy these games nowadays and now they might be discouraged by learning this should just be a beginning of a story.
Post edited January 21, 2019 by Tarhiel
Tarhiel: It is just as I feared; sales must have not been good for HU:RtR.
I always thought they should just aim to release one concluded story instead of having a grand scheme of 5 interwoven stories.

Not many people buy these games nowadays and now they might be discouraged by learning this should just be a beginning of a story.
The dev has stated outright that the game has not been profitable. It's a shame too since I wanted to see this through to it's conclusion.
I bought it while back at full price. Lovely point-n-click game.
edit: checking at my orders, I actually got it on discount for 20 euros.
Post edited January 21, 2019 by BeatriceElysia
low rated
what was the original price ? 29.99 euros? a google search shows 34.99 $

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption on Steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/375440/HeroU_Rogue_to_Redemption/
Rating: 9/10 - ‎110 reviews - ‎US$34,99
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is a humorous role-playing adventure game by Lori and Corey ... Release Date: Jul 10, 2018 ... Indie Prize Europe 2018 Finalist ...

16.99 ? its affordable , still would not spend that on this game, ..........................

edited
Post edited January 21, 2019 by gamesfreak64
That was quick. :o

Is the game not doing good financially or what?
gamesfreak64: what was the original price ? 29.99 euros? a google search shows 34.99 $

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is a humorous role-playing adventure game by Lori and Corey ... Release Date: Jul 10, 2018 ... Indie Prize Europe 2018 Finalist ...

16.99 ? its affordable , still would not spend that on this game, i would spend 25 euros on a good game like jagged Alliance 2, if they would make a decent classic styled game again, but they made another JA game but the engine is even worse then the last 3d engine they used.... , seems good games are not being developed anymore
, would even pay 29.99 euro cause i had lots of gaming fun with ja2 games, worth every penny.

Anyway today they develop very nice clones of games like ja2, commandos, and morew classics but the engine they use make evrything look too shiny and mettallic, the characters look like robots instead of people like in the classic ja2 games...they also think that if characters walk , streets and roads scroll along, they feel the need to be able to rotate a building 180 degrees and even zoom in out to see if someone is hiding behind it ..... sad.... very sad..
What?

You're very off topic. This isn't about how much would you pay for Jagged Alliance.
Apparently it still arbitrarily costs £1 more here, I'll wait for it to go on sale.
Just watched the trailer and the game looks to be nicely done, but I would have to wait until a sale for it to become affordable to my pocket. From that point of view, I will wishlist and wait.

I did find it funny that the first being who was shown in respect of 'Romance' was a dog. :D
I always find it strange when games' price gets modified, it's like recognizing it was badly priced at first.

Khudos to Shovel Knight's dev for sticking to their work. :P
Post edited January 22, 2019 by Zoidberg
Shovel Knight surpassed even the best expectation of the developers, though. It made several times what they thought was an optimistic result.

Edit: on topic... 35$ for an adventure game was definitely steep, I had it on my wishlist since launch but as we have all learned from Monkey Island, "never pay more than 20 bucks for a videogame".
Post edited January 21, 2019 by Enebias
gamesfreak64: what was the original price ? 29.99 euros? a google search shows 34.99 $

16.99 ? its affordable , still would not spend that on this game, i would spend 25 euros on a good game like jagged Alliance 2, if they would make a decent classic styled game again, but they made another JA game but the engine is even worse then the last 3d engine they used.... , seems good games are not being developed anymore
, would even pay 29.99 euro cause i had lots of gaming fun with ja2 games, worth every penny.

Anyway today they develop very nice clones of games like ja2, commandos, and morew classics but the engine they use make evrything look too shiny and mettallic, the characters look like robots instead of people like in the classic ja2 games...they also think that if characters walk , streets and roads scroll along, they feel the need to be able to rotate a building 180 degrees and even zoom in out to see if someone is hiding behind it ..... sad.... very sad..
BeatriceElysia: What?

You're very off topic. This isn't about how much would you pay for Jagged Alliance.
yes i know ... found that out after it was already posted , wrong part of forum , but we cant delete our posts
Anyway i can remove the offtopic lines but since you replied its still tehre in your reply .

well i removed it and noted that i edited the post....
Post edited January 21, 2019 by gamesfreak64
not multilanguage ...
no thanks
I grew up as a LucasArts kid, so I never really understood the Sierra thing, I could never think about their "point & click" games as adventure, they were experiences in frustration with Monty Python and pop culture references thrown in for good measure, not really knowing what they were, whether adventure or RPG (and not really excelling at whichever one). Having said this, it's really sad to see a game/series of games so many people wanted fail this miserably, that the devs are cutting the price in half less than a year after release.

I guess we won't see the other 4 games they wanted to make after this one.

[EDIT] To be fair, 35€ for a pseudo-Sierra RPG/adventure hybrid seems a bit too much... I'm not surprised the game wasn't selling. It's saddening, sure, but far from surprising.
Post edited January 21, 2019 by groze
Zoidberg: I always find it strange when games' price gets modified, it's like recognizing it was badly priced at first.

Khudos to SHovel Knight's dev for sticking to their work. :P
And Hollow Knight for that matter. They've had sales, but they are selling like gangbusters at $15, and the game is easily worth twice that.