It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all! :)

It’s not a secret that GOG.com, the platform and community gathered around it, is growing at an exceptional rate all around the world. We keep that in mind as we look for ways to improve our service for everyone. Obviously, one of the most important functions for all of you is downloading your purchases - preferably as fast and as reliably as possible.

For some of you this might sound familiar (yep it’s our 3rd time!), once again we are in the process of benchmarking various download locations, and trying to get the most representative sample of worldwide results. That means as many unique ISPs / cities / countries as possible, and we need a little help from you! :) Below you will find a simple test that requires just one click and won't take more than 2 minutes of your time to complete:
http://www.gog.com/2015_cdn_test

Your help is greatly appreciated here! Of course you can run the test as many times as possible (preferably at different locations and different times of day). Oh, and keep in mind that we used a little bit of Flash in this test, so if you want to participate please make sure you have the flash player installed and/or your are not using any flash blocking plugins in your browser.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by Chamb
Done....90 seconds.....04.50.....
No difference in tests for me.....
Post edited April 09, 2015 by gunsynd
gog downloads never fail to saturate my connection
Done.....95 seconds.....17.20.....
I ran the CDN test again, and Test#1 is still very slow and it's giving me dial-up level speeds. But Test#2 is giving me broadband level speeds. Will GOG be using the Test#2 servers in the future?
Done.....95 seconds.....05.55....

Done....As Above......17.40......
Post edited April 10, 2015 by gunsynd
any clue as to how long we're supposed to do this for?
I got unlimited downloads, on an optical net, so I don't mind, but I'm curious as to time-scale....
Lone3wolf: any clue as to how long we're supposed to do this for?
I got unlimited downloads, on an optical net, so I don't mind, but I'm curious as to time-scale....
Yeah, I wish GOG would show the results to everyone soon.
Done.....95 seconds.....05.40.....

Done.....As above........17.10....
Post edited April 11, 2015 by gunsynd
Test1: 48s
Test2: 44s
The best way to improve download speed is build up a data center in every country, for data to travel less, have the best possible connection on that data centers, have at least one or two network technicians there, and the rest is made on user's side..., so even with that if the user has a bad connection his download speed will be slow...
With that you'll have the best rating on download speed in the world, but to do that you need not millions, you need billions... yeah billions...
Done.....93 seconds.....05.30.....
Will GOG tell us the results soon?
Done......90 seconds......17.30....
Did the test again, 1min 40sec. I think it's the same as last time.

Are things supposed to improve after you've collected all the data and concluded the test phase? Is the test phase over already? Will a bluetext get back to us?
Done......90 seconds......05.05......