It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DCT: To which jefequeso cleary brought up Postal 1 and 2 being here and pretty much being the same thing, I said clearly since it's right bloody there in my reply saying "Yes but they weren't submitted for possible sale for 20 bucks"(paraphrasing)
I don't think that people misread your post, I think it's that they consider your argumentation flawed. And it is. Because that whole price vs. content/quality argumentation does not at all hold up when taking into consideration that almost any old release is priced at either 6 or 10 bucks here whereas almost any new game has a higher price point, no matter how it compares to the classics. And it absolutely makes sense to bring up that the Postal games were once even more expensive than Hatred, it only makes Hatred's price/content ratio more legitimate.
CarrionCrow: It makes quite a bit of sense.

If I bought that game, I'd feel associated with certain people because they wanted it and bought it too.
When there isn't anything more than an initial passing interest, some people being jackasses can be enough to make a person want nothing to do with it.

Also, it has the bonus of knowing I'm doing my own tiny part to make sure another game never gets made, helping to infuriate every gibbering asshat who screamed endlessly for its presence. ;)
Telika: Especially when the game itself is accused to cater to a specific demographic (basically, the ones who fantasy about a breivik simulator, and the sort of people would find that ending video as totally awesome and badass). The answer to that accusation is to explain that it is a horrible prejudice, and the target market of Hatred is no different from the easy going crowd who has a laugh with the cartoonish violence of Carmageddon, Sim City's monster attack, or Cannon Fodder.

But then, when the most enthousiastic defenders of that game turn out to be the exact same freaks that are expected through that prejudice, well, said prejudice gets totally reinforced, which further defines this game as a twat's wet dream, made for and adored by creepy people. So much for the "no no, you don't get it, it's a totally self-aware ironical game for highly sophisticated people"...

Same phenomenon with "no no there is nothing sexist in that film, you're fust a paranoid feminist, now SHUT UP WOMAN AND GO BACK TO THE KITCHEN IF YOU'VE FINISHED CLEANING MY SOCKS". Some messages are a bit self-defeated by the messengers' own general attitudes.
Oy - stop thinking with your feelings!!!!!!11!
Telika: Especially when the game itself is accused to cater to a specific demographic (basically, the ones who fantasy about a breivik simulator, and the sort of people would find that ending video as totally awesome and badass). The answer to that accusation is to explain that it is a horrible prejudice, and the target market of Hatred is no different from the easy going crowd who has a laugh with the cartoonish violence of Carmageddon, Sim City's monster attack, or Cannon Fodder.

But then, when the most enthousiastic defenders of that game turn out to be the exact same freaks that are expected through that prejudice, well, said prejudice gets totally reinforced, which further defines this game as a twat's wet dream, made for and adored by creepy people. So much for the "no no, you don't get it, it's a totally self-aware ironical game for highly sophisticated people"...

Same phenomenon with "no no there is nothing sexist in that film, you're fust a paranoid feminist, now SHUT UP WOMAN AND GO BACK TO THE KITCHEN IF YOU'VE FINISHED CLEANING MY SOCKS". Some messages are a bit self-defeated by the messengers' own general attitudes.
amok: Oy - stop thinking with your feelings!!!!!!11!
But but... then they accuse me to overthink that game instead of just enjoying it by just experiencing fun with it.

I... I don't... I.... LEEME ALONE :crycry:

That's about it. I actually had an interest to begin with, but that went away after reading the threads.
Have to say, though - the people did an excellent job of serving as anti-marketers.
Post edited May 31, 2015 by CarrionCrow
low rated
monkeydelarge: It only makes sense when you are thinking on tinyE's level. Do yourself a favor and start thinking on a higher level. A whole new world will open up to you. A world full of video games, movies, music and literature for you to enjoy because you stopped thinking only with your feelings.
CarrionCrow: You mean like complaining at a random person on the internet that they're a plague on humanity? -laughs-

Lie to yourself all you want, but don't expect other people to buy into it.
The truth is unpleasant sometimes. Don't blame me for this. And you are the one who is lying to himself... In fact, you lie to yourself everyday by telling yourself, "My parents love me.", "I'm not a loser.", "The opposite sex finds me attractive", "One day, my life will amount to something" etc.
CarrionCrow: You mean like complaining at a random person on the internet that they're a plague on humanity? -laughs-

monkeydelarge: The truth is unpleasant sometimes. Don't blame me for this. And you are the one who is lying to himself... In fact, you lie to yourself everyday by telling yourself, "My parents love me.", "I'm not a loser.", "The opposite sex finds me attractive", "One day, my life will amount to something" etc.
If you're going to twist someone's words, you should probably take the time to doublecheck and make sure that the statement you constructed actually makes sense.
As it stands, it just looks like your reading comprehension's not the greatest. -laughs-

It's okay, though. I'm bored, so you've got a minute to go back and edit in something that you think sounds better. =)
high rated

monkeydelarge: The truth is unpleasant sometimes. Don't blame me for this. And you are the one who is lying to himself... In fact, you lie to yourself everyday by telling yourself, "My parents love me.", "I'm not a loser.", "The opposite sex finds me attractive", "One day, my life will amount to something" etc.
WTF WAS THAT!?

XD
tinyE: WTF WAS THAT!?

XD
Them making me giggle? ;)

And on that note, let's keep the laughter going with some fun songs!
high rated
I've made a drinking game from this thread called "Spot the Asshat". I'm quite drunk now.
o fuk internet attacks right now. dat shit is so... fuk dat shit. but really quickly, just curious, when you guys get bitter at somebody on the internet and make to legit attack them, do you do it by whipping out your dong and using it agressively slap the keys to type your hate message while fist pumping the air? or is that just me?

I hate this game. look at all the hatred it's causing.

this game is basically like the postal series, and those games were already bullshit as far as I'm concerned. but if those games actually had anything to redeem their subject matter, this don't.
low rated
CarrionCrow: If you're going to twist someone's words, you should probably take the time to doublecheck and make sure that the statement you constructed actually makes sense.
As it stands, it just looks like your reading comprehension's not the greatest. -laughs-

It's okay, though. I'm bored, so you've got a minute to go back and edit in something that you think sounds better. =)
On the surface, there is smiles and laughter but inside, you cry.
tinyE: WTF WAS THAT!?

XD
I'm not certain. Either we just got informed that CarrionCrow's parents don't love him, that the opposite sex don't find him attractive, that his life amounts to nothing, and that he believes the opposite, or it was meant at a more general level, meaning that humans' parents don't love them, that their opposite sex don't find them attractive, and that their life will never amount to anything, and that they are all convinced of the opposite.

I'm (understandably) very anxious, I hope it's the former one.
CarrionCrow: If you're going to twist someone's words, you should probably take the time to doublecheck and make sure that the statement you constructed actually makes sense.

monkeydelarge: On the surface, there is smiles and laughter but inside, you cry.
It's a good thing you're apparently going to attempt to play amateur psychologist.
That should take any urge to cry and replace it with even more spastic giggling.
Your failure makes me happy. Thank you. =)

...happy happy, joy joy, happy happy, joy joy....that song is frigging catchy....
low rated

amok: Oy - stop thinking with your feelings!!!!!!11!
Yeah because whenever people start thinking only with their feelings, you start seeing sentences like this.
"Hatred is evilz because its controversal and stores shouldnt sell this gam because muh freedoms."
Post edited May 31, 2015 by monkeydelarge
monkey, next time try breaking the Prozacs in half before you take them.