It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
T_Warz: Hey Gwent, GOG, CDPR, or whoever it may concern, i tought this was a drm-free platform. Tells us what Gwent is doing here? I can play all games offline i bought exept for Gwent, it was free but i think if you always praise drm free content .. must discuss this on an ethical level.
The beta is only the online multiplayer part, the single player part of the game is not there yet.
low rated
AlienMind: How about you shut the fuck up instead?
How about no? Does that "irk" you?
Breja: I wonder, will the single-player campaign ever be playable offline? (he asked knowing there's a snowflake's chance in hell at best) Anyway, there's something about a Witcher CCG that just irks me. I'm not sure why that would be "crossing the line" in terms of whoring out the license, and not the previous board and card game, but that's pretty much what it feels like to me.
Carradice: Maybe you are thinking about senseless expansions and cards that do not belong in the Witcher tales. Because online games keep adding stuff so that people keep spending cash on new cards. So, since CD Projekt Red and GOG are married, and GOG is bent on keeping gaming fair and honest, it will be interesting how CDPR manages this online thing. Hopefully they will do nicely. They are known to have been innovating in their games. So, not especially much hope, since an online CCG is what it is, but maybe with CDPR it can become different enough to make it worthwhile.

Besides, the gameplay trailer shows a world to explore that brought mighty memories of Shandalar! Wishful thinking, maybe, but who knows, maybe now, maybe in a few months?
You have 2 ways of downloading Gwent:
- Via GOG Galaxy: type Gwent into search box then download it.
- Via browser such as IE, Chrome, Firefox. After download it. You can run it as a standalone application or run it via GOG Galaxy (if you have GOG Galaxy). Please note: if you want to run it via GOG Galaxy in this case, you need to add manually Gwent into Library by hitting GOG Galaxy icon on top, left side panel, then choose : Scan and Import Folders.

Both works fine, I have just tested it myself (well, I moved Gwent folder away then try to download it from scratch).
Post edited May 24, 2017 by azuratidus
Denezan: How exactly are you supposed to play multiplayer over the internet without an internet connection? Think about it......You NEED an internet connection even if your playing an LAN game with a friend who is not on the same network. To think anything else is just silly.
PaterAlf: I don't have a problem with the fact that the multiplayer mode needs an internet connection. I just don't like the fact that this game is multiplayer-only and has micro-transactions.

Not long ago GOG wouldn't have allowed a multiplayer-only, always-online game with micro-transactions. Now they create one themselves.
Because we asked for it. Though I will admit I am not exactly keen on the micro transactions. Especially considering you can sometimes get rare cards that way, and tbh that feels a lot like pay to win of which I do not like one bit.
low rated
Bonsewswesa: So let me get this straight, you're making a free-to-play game. On the one store that (used to I guess) prides itself on DRM-Free games. Let's look at what making a free-to-play game entails.

- Paying for someone to edit your save file for you (because it's encrypted so you can't do it yourself)
- Checking/updating in-game actions with a server (so you're not "cheating" a.k.a. not paying them for nothing (see bullet point 1))
- Inserting ads and prompts for the TOTALLY OPTIONAL* scamming
- Making sure the game is designed to let you play for just long enough without paying to get hooked before getting aggressive with the "you'll have to wait/grind if you want to do this thing" unless you put money in your usb port
- Making sure the player never plays without feeling like they've walked into a drug dealer's back alley home

Whoa, maybe it's just me but that seems like some nasty-ass garbage! Especially given GOG already has at least one other card game with zero player-fleecing- wait I meant the In-Game Purchases are Totally OptionalTM, and just like every other free-to-play trash fire it's in the most technical, legally accurate way possible! Stay positive bros and consider your Digital Rights Ma-DESTROYED!
How old are you? Too old or too young? Do you even know what a DRM (digital rights management) is? Have you ever heard of (now obsolete) SecureRom of SafeDisc? Or newest current DRM from Sony DADC Austria, Denuvo Anti-Tamper Solution? Google "Star Wars: Empire at War v1.0 SecureRom bypass" to see what a DRM actually is. Here at GOG.com, you purchase your game, and you play it, and you keep the actual game for yourself, for as long there is planet Earth and computer to use. Steam, Uplay and Origin are: You are the customer, all games you purchased, you actually purchased unlimited usage, at the point where Denuvo won't be supported and all "your" games in your library will be unplayable, duo to offline DRM who works on online-server-authentication. Try installing physical copy of Borderlands or (again) Star Wars Empire at War on Windows 10. Your original game you purchased with real money will be blocked from starting duo to obsolete DRM. You are unable to play those original games from your DVD-ROM unless you use scene release fixed-exe to bypass DRM. The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings had DRM and had problems only with legal customers, people who bought the game, since scene released fixed-exe got rid of DRM and all the multiple errors upon activation and problems alike. That's why CDPR later removed DRM from TW2 and put The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt DRM-free on all platforms.

GWENT does not change GOG.com DRM-free policy. All free-to-play games require internet connection to work (Hearthstone, LOL, World of Tanks, etc). No one is forcing you or anyone else to use/play GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. Did you pay for it, the actual game, so you can complain?

Please, learn about DRM first, then type your complaints against DRM-free policy. DRM isn't game which needs internet connection in order to work. LOL.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by CRO_Revan
AlienMind: How about you shut the fuck up instead?
BKGaming: How about no?
So why should nightcraw1er.488?
Post edited May 24, 2017 by AlienMind
I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.
If it leaves beta and releases without a single player offline component (at least the single player campaigns and games vs AI), then gog will indeed have droped their drm free stance. Untill then, beta requiring galaxy and being online only is not a problem, gog released drm free games that had beta only on steam.

Also, seeing as the last witcher adventure game can be played offline aswell as gremlins inc (via Gremlins vs automatons ) i'm optimist it will have offline play.

However, i shop here because of drm free, and the fact i can play all games offline if i want. If one game comes out that doesnt allow it, then gog isnt diferent from the competition.
PaterAlf: I don't have a problem with the fact that the multiplayer mode needs an internet connection. I just don't like the fact that this game is multiplayer-only and has micro-transactions.

Not long ago GOG wouldn't have allowed a multiplayer-only, always-online game with micro-transactions. Now they create one themselves.
Denezan: Because we asked for it.
When did that happen? I don't remember any surveys about that theme. Or at least a huge wishlist entry that said: "Please create an always-online multiplayer game with microtransactions!".

Denezan: Because we asked for it. Though I will admit I am not exactly keen on the micro transactions. Especially considering you can sometimes get rare cards that way, and tbh that feels a lot like pay to win of which I do not like one bit.
Really? Is that your opinion ?
Well, I myself participated in closed beta and I can tell you: You dont need to drop a dime just to have win few matches in Gwent. The rare card, well, if you play Gwent everyday, you would be able to create one rare card per day / one legendary card per 4 days. Their reward system, i think, encourage people developing new strategy. Besides, you forget RNG. You can have a top deck but it does not mean you will always win.
Honestly, I play Shadowverse, Hearthstone and now Gwent, i think creating new rare/legendary card in Gwent isnt as hard as HS and SV (in fact, it is freaking easy).
low rated
AlienMind: So why should nightcraw1er.488?
I never told him to shut up... that would be pointless. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it though same as him.

Relavant...
Breja: I wonder, will the single-player campaign ever be playable offline? (he asked knowing there's a snowflake's chance in hell at best) Anyway, there's something about a Witcher CCG that just irks me. I'm not sure why that would be "crossing the line" in terms of whoring out the license, and not the previous board and card game, but that's pretty much what it feels like to me.
TheDyingScotsman: It "irks" you? does it indeed? And? Why are you here. If you don't like something there's absolutely zero logic nor reason to come here and tell people. Go and do something that you like and your time will be better spent. People like you pretty much "irk" everyone else with your non-sensical speel.
There is as much logic an reason in it as there is in telling people that you like it. That's what these threads are for- so that people can express their opinion and give their feedback, whatever that may be. And I get to annoy you as a bonus.

Carradice: Maybe you are thinking about senseless expansions and cards that do not belong in the Witcher tales.
Yeah, I think there's just something about this that just feels like it no longer is the Withcer in anything but name only. I love the original books, and while the "main" games hold up as part of that world (especially the first one), this just feels like it could be sold with The Witcher Burger at McDonalds. And don't get me wrong- I like CCGs, just like I like bugers. But I don't like beloved books being used to sell them.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by Breja
AlienMind: So why should nightcraw1er.488?
BKGaming: I never told him to shut up... that would be pointless. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it though same as him.

Relavant...
erm....

nightcraw1er.488: Ok, yes, I see where i was wrong. I was mistakenly thinking that the Policy applied to all products on here equally. I see now that is not the case, any game which, at some point in the future may release a single player or offline version, counts as DRM free. Thank you for clearing that up. (and yes, if I can't use a product with an online connection that is restricting the use of my product).

"Tis the freedom of choice" - indeed, of which we no longer have. Now this place has turned into a copy of steam, there is steam, steam clone, origin, battel.net or uplay, so our choice not want clients, or online only has been removed (well this and a couple of other products here, to be fair that is a small amount of them), so much for choice.
BKGaming: Your constant belly aching on these issues is getting old... take it somewhere else. Don't spam this release thread, write to GOG support and complain. Take it directly to the source. Not us. We don't care.
azuratidus: I am using GOG Galaxy too. On the left side panel, after you hit "Gwent" in Search Games box, what happen to you next? Can you please describe? I might be able to help you on this matter.
This, this and then this (see attached)

Cadaver747: I clicked on a game in my Galaxy client and it redirected me to external browser link with the registation window.
Attachments:
pic1.jpg (31 Kb)
pic2.jpg (92 Kb)
pic3.jpg (101 Kb)
pic3_02.jpg (80 Kb)
pic3_03.jpg (80 Kb)
Post edited May 24, 2017 by Cadaver747
TheDyingScotsman: It "irks" you? does it indeed? And? Why are you here. If you don't like something there's absolutely zero logic nor reason to come here and tell people. Go and do something that you like and your time will be better spent. People like you pretty much "irk" everyone else with your non-sensical speel.
Breja: There is as much logic an reason in it as there is in telling people that you like it. That's what these threads are for- so that people can express their opinion and give their feedback, whatever that may be. And I get to annoy you as a bonus.
Getting the "go away" card is a factual win. Take it and drive it home.
high rated
Breja: snip
BKGaming: Okay I've had about enough of this going around in circles. If you want to join him in the unreasonable department, more power to you.

Breja: And I rarely see a post of yours where you're not just being a corporate stooge. "People, stop caring about things and let us gobble up anything GOG throws our way in peace!"
BKGaming: If being sensible is now corporate stooge, I'll be that all day every day. I'd rather be that then act like you or nightcraw1er.488. Call me when Denuvo, SecuROM, SafeDisc, etc... you know actual DRM slips in then I'll join you in complaining. OR better yet complain once or twice to get my point across and then leave GOG like any sensible person would.
You only get to call yourself the reasonable one when you actually have some counter-arguments and not just "I'm not talking to you anymore" and "stop talking about this, it annoys me!".
Post edited May 24, 2017 by Breja