It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Has anybody here ever acted as a trusted 3rd party between trading partners? I've run into a situation in the middle of a trade that will either turn out scam or a series of events leading to both parties not trusting each other at all.

Some background:

I'm trading with a guy (he has more posted trades than me) and have run into an issue:

From me:

Wasteland 2 Steam Key
MGS: Phantom Pain Nvidia key

From him:

Lucasarts Bundle
Anno Bundle
Sunless Sea

I gave the Wasteland 2 key which was redeemed and worked. I then gave the MGS key, however it had expired. I didn't even know they can expire.

I said we can just trade the Lucas bundle and call it a day. They're similar value (Lucas $17, Wasteland $20), and that if he had already bought the others, I'd make it right (via Paypal, etc).

He suggests a $17 Bundlestars bundle instead. I said that's fine but please give me the Lucas code first and then I'll go buy the other.

Then he claims that it was a gift order and contains all of the bundle keys in one.

After back and forth, neither party trusts each other, I'm down one game and he's possibly down what he bought to trade.
Elwood.702: Has anybody here ever acted as a trusted 3rd party between trading partners? I've run into a situation in the middle of a trade that will either turn out scam or a series of events leading to both parties not trusting each other at all.

Some background:

I'm trading with a guy (he has more posted trades than me) and have run into an issue:

From me:

Wasteland 2 Steam Key
MGS: Phantom Pain Nvidia key

From him:

Lucasarts Bundle
Anno Bundle
Sunless Sea

I gave the Wasteland 2 key which was redeemed and worked. I then gave the MGS key, however it had expired. I didn't even know they can expire.

I said we can just trade the Lucas bundle and call it a day. They're similar value (Lucas $17, Wasteland $20), and that if he had already bought the others, I'd make it right (via Paypal, etc).

He suggests a $17 Bundlestars bundle instead. I said that's fine but please give me the Lucas code first and then I'll go buy the other.

Then he claims that it was a gift order and contains all of the bundle keys in one.

After back and forth, neither party trusts each other, I'm down one game and he's possibly down what he bought to trade.
Can't say I've seen a mediator type trade on here before.

If he has a GOG Key with a bunch of games on it, there's not really a way for someone else to split separate games off of it.

Best option could be for him to get a refund for what's not used, which will take a few days.
He could buy a new Key for just the Bundle you're looking for, and this should square the deal.
Elwood.702: ...
let me guess, its the mortal combat bundle that he asks for?
As I have been unable to find anyone to buy Dying Light enhanced edition gog key (only $35.99 atm)
I'll instead ask anyone (scammers included) if they could buy and resell the key on G2A and let me when its up
although I still have a feeling I'll have better chances pirating it. There are more then a few hurdles to jump through for someone new to the forums and can't buy directly on gog.

GOG as of last year put in some real stupid fraud checks that prevent prepaid cards of all kinds from going through
which is how I mainly buy anything online, paysafecard isn't in the US, and using my bank card for gog will flag it by the fraud department and if I chose to buy again from gog I just have to hope nothing goes wrong...

Still willing to try and trade for dying light (gog) but I've all but lost hope for that to happen, I'll trade for practically any game here on gog right now before the sell ends if you'll take steam games in return (YES I know I go first...)
Post edited June 22, 2016 by Ogdin
beware new imposter: O1Kipper
Elwood.702:
If this isn't a trusted user, I'd borderline say you might be about to get scammed (and might even have BEEN scammed out of two codes already, had the second not expired).

*edit Bummer :(

I can't help with the Bundlestars thing as I only use GoG.

wanderer_27: Best option could be for him to get a refund for what's not used, which will take a few days.
He could buy a new Key for just the Bundle you're looking for, and this should square the deal.
This is probably the safest way for both parties. The user asks for a refund from GoG for their Anno / Lucasarts / Sunless Sea key and just buys a new Lucas key for you and concludes the trade.
Post edited June 22, 2016 by Ixamyakxim
No I wasn't careful enough. It was O1kipper and I didn't check the names closely enough.
Sounds like there's a scammer going by X-C0M making the rounds - not it's a zero instead of an O.
One last Trade list bump before [the sale] dies.

Post edited June 23, 2016 by plan99
[WANT]
PILLARS OF ETERNITY: THE WHITE MARCH - EXPANSION PASS
SPELLFORCE 2: DEMONS OF THE PAST
DAY OF THE TENTACLE REMASTERED
BALDUR'S GATE: SIEGE OF DRAGONSPEAR
Grandia II Anniversary Edition
Grim Dawn
Stasis
Bombshell
Turok
Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Star Wars - Galactic Battlegrounds Saga

[HAVE]
Worms Forts Under Siege
Baldur's Gate 1 (The Originals)
Baldur's Gate 2 (The Originals)
Icewind Dale (The Originals)
Spelunky
Gabriel Knight - Sins of the fathers 20th Anniversary Edition
Thank you again, wanderer_27, for a great trade!

Final bump 2 (like Final Fantasy... 2...3...)
I can trade for items on your Steam wishlist of similar value. I have credit there, but no other budget for games at the moment.
Thanks again for another nice trade adambiser !
UPD
Um, hi! I'm new to this thread though not to trading, and I'm super sad I only remembered to do this on the last day of the sale.

[WANT] Quest for Glory Collection 1-5 or Dreamfall Chapters since some got it for "free"

[HAVE] +150 games: https://barter.vg/u/6c1/t/

You can find my reputation here ( https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198018486923 ) and here ( https://www.steamgifts.com/user/notnsane/feedback )

Important: don't post on this thread, please add me directly on Steam since I might not even read PMs here.

I'll try and do my best to make a fair trade, QfG games are my wet dream since I played Heroine's Quest.
Post edited June 22, 2016 by notnsane
Last chance saloon... Good luck with the trades everyone!

I'm looking for the following games at discount price from the Interplay Bundle:

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
Kingpin
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

and possibly:
Redneck Rampage Collection
Messiah
Die By the Sword + Limb from Limb

I'm also looking for Dreamfall Chapters Season Pass.

I can offer:

Purchases from the GOG store
A ton of Steam keys (hundreds to choose from, please send a wishlist (however large))
System Shock 2 GOG gift key to throw in if it helps with a trade

Off-topic question: does anyone know if the Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition Upgrade would work without the base game? I know the store page says no, but it's only some artwork and mp3s.