It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

To have the perfect start of 2023, we have a new update to GOG GALAXY to improve your experience with the client and add some quality-of-life improvements and bug fixes.

Let's start with something familiar to everyone using GOG via browser – we’re adding to the client the quick preview feature which shows more details about games by hovering over the cover. The preview is available on the “Discover” screen and will provide the most crucial information like screenshots, the game’s rating, features, and assigned tags.

As a completely new addition, say hello to games "From your wishlist". With Pandora, we're adding to the “Discover” view a section to highlight the games you’ve put on your GOG Wishlist. With this feature, it only takes a glimpse of an eye to check all the deals on games you're interested in.

There's more in the update like an improved tray icon menu on Windows, or the introduction of the shopping cart on Discover view, along with other fixes and improvements. Check out the Pandora update and let us know how you like it!
rjbuffchix: A perfect start to 2023 on GOG would have been to announce the immediate discontinuation of Galaxy...
Mobeeuz: Optional client is optional. Bonuses attached to using the client are there for client users. Use it or don't, but don't speak for my ability to do so.
certain games multiplayer has galaxy drm where you require the client to play.
BreOl72: I'm pretty sure this additions to Galaxy are what we here (using the website) already have for quite some time now.
Features of which I've never found to use.
Darvond: This does nothing to benefit the website using generalists who either don't want, or have no access to the client.
BreOl72: I'm pretty sure this additions to Galaxy are what we here (using the website) already have for quite some time now.
Darvond: Features of which I've never found to use.
Well, then why are you complaining about those same features now being made available to Galaxy users (to which you apparently don't belong, if I understand your initial post correct)?

After all - nothing changes for you, one way or the other.
Isn't it a bit sad that most posts in any Galaxy thread come from non-Galaxy users? As a Galaxy user, I am happy that they are still maintaining it and don't want them to discontinue the development. Please stop micromanaging what GOG and Galaxy users have / don't have to do. Thanks.

And it's perfectly fine if you prefer not to use the launcher, that is the whole idea. As long as it remains optional, I don't see why people have to complain about every update. If there are other issues (e.g. broken offline installers) then complain about those, but (spoiler alert) discontinuing Galaxy won't automatically fix those. And even if it does, you will automatically find yet another excuse to complain about, don't you worry.

Personally, I find the Discover menu rather useless, as I also use the website. The preview option is nice I guess. I'd rather see more options to apply tags to multiple games, or the ability to rename tags. It is very cumbersome to do it on a per game basis, as it is now.

On the other hand, the integrations are very stable on my end nowadays, including Steam. The Ubisoft integration used to crash constantly, but there are fixes available online (Github) that make it work. No problems ever since.
Post edited January 25, 2023 by jjen1987
Mobeeuz: Optional client is optional. Bonuses attached to using the client are there for client users. Use it or don't, but don't speak for my ability to do so.
Truth007: certain games multiplayer has galaxy drm where you require the client to play.
The alternative would be a game released without the multiplayer feature. And considering a lot of people thinks that a game released in that state is perfectly fine, I understad that they perceive the multi portion of the game as something "optional", so I do not understand why any Galaxy featured multiplayer would be a problem for those who do not have the interest nor the intention to use it afer all.

With Galaxy featured multi or not, I own some games where I never tried the online option, consciounsly or unconsciously
Thank you for the information.